Wiki Posts
Search

Chase 5% Discount and Changing Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2006, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / IC RA/ Hilton Plat / Bonvoy Gold
Chase 5% Discount and Changing Flights

So I had to change a flight due to a change in business plans. I was lucky enough that the same fare bucket was still available, so there was only the $100 change fee I thought. Wrong. When they rebook the ticket you have to pay whatever the change fee is, and even though the fare is the same, you need to pay up to make up for the original discount.

So your real change fee any time you use your 5% discount is the change fee in the rules PLUS the money you saved originally.

Old Jun 10, 2006, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by cobrax333
So I had to change a flight due to a change in business plans. I was lucky enough that the same fare bucket was still available, so there was only the $100 change fee I thought. Wrong. When they rebook the ticket you have to pay whatever the change fee is, and even though the fare is the same, you need to pay up to make up for the original discount.

So your real change fee any time you use your 5% discount is the change fee in the rules PLUS the money you saved originally.

I changed the return on a flight that i got the 5% discount without a problem...
Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Last month I had to make a change to a full Y that was orginally booked with the discount. A few days before I had to change it and I could not make the change online. I too had to pay the difference as I was talking to a real person. The person on the other end of the phone tried to over ride it and even contacted the on-line people to find out how to get around it, no luck. Was able to change it to a non-refundable and save the company some money in the end.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Any updates/progress?

Anyone had any success in getting the 5% discount applied to the new "changed" flights?

I've got a canceled reservation, the only prices the system pulls up for the new itinerary do not include the 5% discount.

Any work-arounds?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.