Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

2nd post on same topic, but 4 different answers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2008, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Ok, so back to the 'can I book bulkhead or exit row seats on a transatlantic award ticket in advance if a Skyteam elite plus member (NWA plat)' ...

Well after calling CO reservations and selecting 'seat assignments' here's what I was told.

1st call - Yes we can move you into the exit rows or bulkhead, but we can not move the people you are traveling with (mom & dad) as they are non-elite members. so I held off.

2nd call - No, They are not available (put pretty bluntly).

3rd call - Yes they are available but only at the airport day of flight

4th call - They are available only 24 hrs in advance, if you call back then we may be able to move yourself and your parents into the bulkhead seats pending availability.

Now not really a HUGE deal, but it would be nice... EWR-DUB with the extra leg room, hey I'd love it... But just really confused as to what the actual policy is. Although I'm a NWA member, I fly CO a bunch primarily on my texas and florida runs, and they've always been great in service and support.. But as I said just confused with all the different answers I've been getting.
-Kevin (PhoenixFlyer)
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Exit row is only available to CO gold and platinums prior to 24 hours out, and their travel companions, though it is much harder if they are on a different PNR. Period.

Elite seats (including some bulkhead seats) are available to all ST E and E+.

There are some bulkheads that are reserved until 24 hours to account for bassinets.

I can't promise that you'll get the correct answer if you call back, but you should. Have you tried doing it online? I believe that it recognizes the elite status there, though I'm not 100% sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.