Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Take the Fast Track to Platinum/Gold/Silver Elite Status by applying for Mastercard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take the Fast Track to Platinum/Gold/Silver Elite Status by applying for Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:18 pm

Somehow this offer seems non legit to me. You apply, pay a fairly big fee and a credit card is sent to you - no where in the t&C does it mention sending a silver, gold or plat card. What good would plat be without that little card stating plat??? Maybe the different levels are only for the different levels APPLYING for the card, e.g., I'm a gold, I put in for the card at the gold level. It doesn't really upgrade.

I think I'll pass on this, pay a fairly big fee with no assurance of benefit
Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Somehow this offer seems non legit to me. You apply, pay a fairly big fee and a credit card is sent to you - no where in the t&C does it mention sending a silver, gold or plat card. What good would plat be without that little card stating plat??? Maybe the different levels are only for the different levels APPLYING for the card, e.g., I'm a gold, I put in for the card at the gold level. It doesn't really upgrade.

I think I'll pass on this, pay a fairly big fee with no assurance of benefit
I don't know...once registered you get a very official confirmation and summary of the promotion... looks real to me. The only draw back is it does say:

This offer is non-transferable and is intended only for the person to whom it was sent.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:26 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Sure did kick the anthill!

I think there's somthing that were missing here. speedyturtle can you post any more info?
Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:29 pm

Same..i dont get where to register.....................
Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Holy cow, this is legit. CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW. This offer is a kick in the teeth to all current Plats. What a joke, I wish I was going to the 'do now just so I could see how they justify this one.

Last edited by BigPoppaCO; Dec 26, 2005 at 3:35 pm
Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:33 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
A few answers based on my brief talk with the OPSC. 1) Status is immediate upon card approval. 2) Yes, PE. 3) What high fee? $85 for 1 year PE including 5% discount & 15k miles isn't really much at all.

And to concur with an earlier post... now that I've applied, xyzzy - please delete the thread!!! Imagine 2006 if everyone here is PE!
Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:36 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by david4455
I don't know...once registered you get a very official confirmation and summary of the promotion... looks real to me. The only draw back is it does say:

This offer is non-transferable and is intended only for the person to whom it was sent.
I read that too - which is why I called the OPSC and confirmed that I'm eligible and enrolled. Took them a while - no one told them about this promotion. As I mentioned earlier - they were dumbfounded, flabbergasted... etc., when they confirmed the offer.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:37 pm

Can someone please explain where you register for this??? PLEASE?
Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:38 pm

DO i have to call to register or can i register online?
Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: CO Platinum
CO Thinktank:
"OK by doing this we are not going to actually give away anymore upgrades but we will push the Plats to purchase higher class fares to snag the upgrades."

Some nagging feeling in the back of my head is telling me that someone might be phishing here......

There is no mention on either the MasterCard or Continental site about this and I'll be damned if I'm going to enter my OP and Pin # to check.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
There's no phishing here. You can nail it right there on continental.com by searching for registration and if you can't find it yourself, you haven't been using CO very long. It does seem like a giant hole and we figure that $85 each is a nominal enough price to step up from Gold to Plat.

Last edited by monitor; Dec 26, 2005 at 4:03 pm Reason: Typos and spelling
Old Dec 26, 2005, 4:01 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Everybody Just Stop For A Few Seconds!

Originally Posted by speedyturtle
I found it my usual way... inputting codes one by one, so I just happened to do that today, and low and behold, that's what showed up.
Let's look at what we know
  1. speedyturtle stumbled onto this offer by trying promo codes
  2. As of this post, no one has seen this offer advertised, this is to say, CO has not been promoting it via mass methods
  3. the offer will open up any elite level (assuming the card app. goes through)
  4. OPSC confirmed the offer is valid
  5. the offer is valid through 12/31/2005
  6. The offer was posted 12/12/2005

My thoughts:
  • Since no one has mentioned the offer before today and as it was posted 12/12/2005, perhaps the offer was targeted
  • Since the offer opens up any level of elite status it seems "too good" to just throw out to the general population (that is, why would someone choose to be a silver over a plat -- their still going to pay the same $85)
  • Since the offer was posted at the end of the elite year, perhaps it was put up as a way to offer elite status to people who are just barely missing the cutoff. For example, CO could say, J.Edward, you're only 865 EQMs short of Gold - but if you apply for the card, and are approved, will go ahead and bump you up.

Just my two cents y’all.

Last edited by J.Edward; Dec 26, 2005 at 4:03 pm
Old Dec 26, 2005, 4:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

deleted

Last edited by david55; Dec 26, 2005 at 4:16 pm
Old Dec 26, 2005, 4:56 pm

Programs: CO Silver
This is absolutly absurd! Even for those of us that have been paying the fee for the card. According to the service center I have to call tommorrow because they don't have the full details yet, but that I have been registered. If this is not retroactive to current card holders I suggest we all cancel and boycott Chase! Man I AM PISSED right now. Excuse my french to the mods...I cannot believe this. I just told OP how in three years I have never recieved my annual benefits pack. The girl was speechless. Now they are GIVING AWAY Plat status to someone paying the same fee as me! I am literally going insane right now!
Old Dec 26, 2005, 5:06 pm

Programs: HP Gold, Delta, NWA PE Southwest RR, SPG, Marriot, Hilton Gold
After filling out the application, did anyone get approved?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.