Wiki Posts
Search

2005 Elite card arrives

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Renard
Any Houstonians get theirs yet?
See my reply above. I'm in Cypress and got mine Saturday.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:03 am

Programs: NW Plat, UA PE, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Delta Platinum Medalion.
My letter

Actually, mine said : "Congratulations and welcome to OnePass Platinum Elite status for 2005. It normally takes 75,000 or 90 points to reach this level, but we are pleased to present you with this special upgrade to show our appreciation for your loyalty".

I can't even begin to tell you guys how much that line pissed me off. I flew 74,560 EQM's last year. I flew 2,345 EQM's on Delta that they did not count for some reason. I reported it and sent the reciepts from Delta with the boarding passes that CLEARLY showed my NonePass number on it. Mark can kiss my .... I am very seriously considering writing him back with my explanation and tell him please don't do me any favors, give me what I earned. I will take Gold and my business somewhere else.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Plat/LT Gold, MR Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by johnnied
Actually, mine said : "Congratulations and welcome to OnePass Platinum Elite status for 2005. It normally takes 75,000 or 90 points to reach this level, but we are pleased to present you with this special upgrade to show our appreciation for your loyalty".

I can't even begin to tell you guys how much that line pissed me off. I flew 74,560 EQM's last year. I flew 2,345 EQM's on Delta that they did not count for some reason. I reported it and sent the reciepts from Delta with the boarding passes that CLEARLY showed my NonePass number on it. Mark can kiss my .... I am very seriously considering writing him back with my explanation and tell him please don't do me any favors, give me what I earned. I will take Gold and my business somewhere else.
Sounds a little thin skinned to me. They gave you the plat status, who gives a rat's a$s what the form letter says.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by skibum_nj
Sounds a little thin skinned to me. They gave you the plat status, who gives a rat's a$s what the form letter says.
I've gotta agree. You were short of the mileage needed....they bumped you to the next status because you were close.....and now you're "pi**ed" because they mentioned the fact that you were short in the letter. Am I missing something here or did I misread the OP?

Last edited by fireworksboy; Feb 21, 2005 at 6:54 pm
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
I've gotta agree. You were short of the mileage needed....they bumped you to the next status because you were close.....and now you're "pi**ed" because they mentioned the fact that you were short in the letter. Am I missing something here or did I misread the OP?
Actually, I think the OP is unhappy because he would have earned Platinum status if CO had credited flights correctly.

My husband is in the same boat. He has been fighting CO since Nov. for credit for a DEN-IAH-HNL flight that would have given him the miles needed for Platinum. The DEN-IAH segment was cancelled for a mechanical after we sat on the tarmac for two hours while they decided what to do, causing us to miss our IAH connection. We were accommodated on the UA nonstop DEN-HNL flight.

I had no problem getting my CO miles credited with the help of the nice floks in the HNL PC, but for some reason his request was rejected, even though both of our mileage requests were sent in together.

Bottom line: they rejected the e-ticket number and documents ("we are unable to validate your flight information"), demanding the original CO boarding passes, which of course he doesn't have, since CO took them when they endorsed the tickets over to UA.

Consequently, I am platinum for another year, while my husband is only gold.
So far he has received no offers to upgrade to Platinum, but then we haven't received our 2005 packets yet. I don't know about him, but I will be insulted and furious if they offer him a buy-up after he has been gold/platinum for at least 10 years.

BTW, UA treated us pretty well in Econ. Plus, and credited his account with two 500 mile upgrade certs. ater the flight. Kinda makes ya wonder. . .
Old Feb 22, 2005, 8:53 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
No surprise UA was a little nicer than CO...

These days Continental seems to be resting on thier luraels... I hope they dont try to too much longer... As it will result on them falling flat on thier face...

Long gone are the days of where a call to 800WECARE2 could result in flowers, chocolates, or a nice model plane...

-Vincent
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:23 am

Programs: NW Plat, UA PE, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Delta Platinum Medalion.
Originally Posted by Nightflyer
Actually, I think the OP is unhappy because he would have earned Platinum status if CO had credited flights correctly.

My husband is in the same boat. He has been fighting CO since Nov. for credit for a DEN-IAH-HNL flight that would have given him the miles needed for Platinum. The DEN-IAH segment was cancelled for a mechanical after we sat on the tarmac for two hours while they decided what to do, causing us to miss our IAH connection. We were accommodated on the UA nonstop DEN-HNL flight.

I had no problem getting my CO miles credited with the help of the nice floks in the HNL PC, but for some reason his request was rejected, even though both of our mileage requests were sent in together.

Bottom line: they rejected the e-ticket number and documents ("we are unable to validate your flight information"), demanding the original CO boarding passes, which of course he doesn't have, since CO took them when they endorsed the tickets over to UA.

Consequently, I am platinum for another year, while my husband is only gold.
So far he has received no offers to upgrade to Platinum, but then we haven't received our 2005 packets yet. I don't know about him, but I will be insulted and furious if they offer him a buy-up after he has been gold/platinum for at least 10 years.

BTW, UA treated us pretty well in Econ. Plus, and credited his account with two 500 mile upgrade certs. ater the flight. Kinda makes ya wonder. . .

That is exactly the point. I had 76,915 EQM. I sent in the required documentation. Even at 50% EQM, I still would have had enough miles. That is the rub. Case in point: I called Onepass about 4 years ago with a problem, I can't even remember and we were going round and round. I was Platinum and the year before I had made Plat on segments, and they made the same mistake, 74 instead of 75, in reality I had 79. The Onepass person said that I should be happy that I was a "promotional" plat. So there is a difference in plat levels. Sort of like we let you in the club---sort of. This is a recurring problem with OP, and it gets a little frustrating that you have beg borrow and steal for what is rightfully yours. I am not asking for something I did not earn, nor do I expect it. They have rules. I followed them. Acknowledge it.

If that is being thin skinned then call me skinny.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Are "promotional" plats entitled to the same privledges as earned plats? In terms of upgrades, are they weighted against a promo plat in any way?
Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Free lounge access for any Sky Team member (not sure about premium lounges - e.g. Delta's Business Elite Lounge) when traveling internationally on any SkyTeam partner.
This is only for SkyTeam Elite Plus, which is CO Platinum, I believe. Otherwise the riff-raff in the lounges would be nuts.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by sbm12
This is only for SkyTeam Elite Plus, which is CO Platinum, I believe. Otherwise the riff-raff in the lounges would be nuts.

I agree, people like myself would only ruin the cool vibe in those lounges.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Renard
Any Houstonians get theirs yet?
Received my lowly silver (is that redundant ) packet on Saturday here in Houston.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 3:12 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ND Sol
Received my lowly silver (is that redundant ) packet on Saturday here in Houston.
Did you get any CO Currency?
Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:33 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by johnnied
That is exactly the point. I had 76,915 EQM. I sent in the required documentation. . . . The Onepass person said that I should be happy that I was a "promotional" plat. So there is a difference in plat levels. Sort of like we let you in the club---sort of. This is a recurring problem with OP, and it gets a little frustrating that you have beg borrow and steal for what is rightfully yours. I am not asking for something I did not earn, nor do I expect it. They have rules. I followed them. Acknowledge it.

If that is being thin skinned then call me skinny.
We got our thin 2005 Elite packets today, and Sir Nightflyer isn't even a "Promotional Plat." I got my pretty platinum card and the four CO Currency certs (Whoopee!!!), and all he got is a gold card and a kick in the teeth: "Congratulations! Your loyalty has earned you NOnePass Gold Elite membership for 2005. Please enjoy the privileges we offer our most valued customers."

If the missing miles were credited, he would have just over 76,000 miles.

The "Promotional Platinum" status only comes into play when continuous earned status counts, such as the 5-years-of-Gold-status = Lifetime-Elite promotion of a few years ago (highly unlikely there will ever be anything like that again). Still, I think it stays on your record that you were "comped", so it is worth fighting for your legitimate Platinum status, just in case.

I have gathered up all the evidence I could find from our trip--the UA boarding passes; the CO baggage tag showing the reroute on UA; the e-ticket receipt. I'm going to send it to them (again) but who knows what they'll do with it.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:44 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by Duhey2
Did you get any CO Currency?
Not in mine - just luggage stickers, a program guide letter and card.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
Elite Phone Numbers Changed?

I just received my Silver Elite card and noticed that the Priority Line for Silver Elites has changed for 2005. Is this an yearly phenom or just another kick in the teeth for us lowly Silvers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.