Wiki Posts
Search

2005 Elite card arrives

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Originally Posted by yalie25
can you redeem the CO currency for valium, soma, or any other muscle relaxant to relieve the pain associated with sitting in coach?
:
The Jenny Craig coupons are included
Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
Didnt they lose 3mm a day in Jan? We should be thankful we got what we did
I agree with BigPoppaCO.....at least we're not paying for drinks in the PC like they do in the Crown Rooms/Red Carpet Lounges.......
Old Feb 19, 2005, 10:06 am

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Originally Posted by EliteGirl
I agree with BigPoppaCO.....at least we're not paying for drinks in the PC like they do in the Crown Rooms/Red Carpet Lounges.......
Free booze at the PC's has been off and on over the years, there's no reason to think that it ain't on the bean-counters radar.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Dont know about other Crown Rooms, but the one at LAX has free booze... (but no wi-fi)
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
Didnt they lose 3mm a day in Jan? We should be thankful we got what we did
True...but I think many of us have expressed an interest in paying for better goodies in the elite kit...which is a win-win for both parties. Those who want the nice luggage tags, PClub passes, etc. can pay a fee - those who dont, just get a plain pack with a card.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 1:36 pm

Programs: US Gold, *A Gold, SPG Gold, ex-CO Gold
Got mine today

The envelope was so thin this year, I thought the letter was going to say:

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in our elite program. There were many outstanding, highly-qualified frequent flyers this year who were interested in earning elite status for the 2005-06 period. I regret to inform you that you were not selected this year.

Nevertheless, as a token of our appreciation for your deeply-discounted loyalty, please accept the enclosed certificates for a free headset, which will be yours to keep and can be used on any future Continental flight. Please be assured that we had every intention to provide you with a luggage tag or a President's Club brochure, but unfortunately we spent the money reprinting and resending the 2004 elite member's guide last year. We hope you'll be satisfied with the enclosed luggage stickers instead.

Thank you for your understanding and best of luck with your future flying. In the meantime, please feel free to peruse the enclosed member's guide, which will provide you with something to read while you wait for the revised version, which should be mailed to you in the next month or so.

Sincerely,
Mark Bergsrud"

Old Feb 19, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by bocastephen
True...but I think many of us have expressed an interest in paying for better goodies in the elite kit...which is a win-win for both parties. Those who want the nice luggage tags, PClub passes, etc. can pay a fee - those who dont, just get a plain pack with a card.

We are in complete argeement, I too would pay for better goodies. I was referring to the people who were upset more "free" stuff was not included...
Old Feb 19, 2005, 2:20 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Anybody get the Silver packet? Any goodies in that one?
Old Feb 19, 2005, 7:53 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Anybody get the Silver packet? Any goodies in that one?
Got mine today...blue card and luggage tags. NO Continental currency.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
My gold packet arrived today with the four CO currency coupons. Mrs. Xyzzy's silver packet hasn't arrived yet...
Old Feb 19, 2005, 10:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP

Originally Posted by xyzzy
My gold packet arrived today with the four CO currency coupons. Mrs. Xyzzy's silver packet hasn't arrived yet...
I'm still waiting for my 2004 Platinum Welcome Pack...

(This plat is carrying around a silver card -HOW TERRIBLE!)
-Vincent
Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:05 am

Programs: One Pass Platinum
Thanks to 50% EQM and my company's policy prohibiting purchasing my own ticket on line, my 66,000 miles that would have gotten a gold left me with 33,000 and a silver.

Robin
Old Feb 20, 2005, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Got my 1K packet today in the Monterey area. Since it looks like nobody posted a detailed account of 1K packet contents...

2005 1K Packet Contents
1K Mail Envelope
1K Envelope/Folder for contents
2005 1K Membership Card
2005 1K Benefits booklet
Find Your Place in the Sky seating chart booklet
Going the Extra Mile service recognition certificates (4)
Beverage Vouchers (10)
Free Blackberry Promotion insert
United MP Visa Application insert
RCC 5,000 Bonus Miles Promotion insert
Elite Only MP Partners Promotions insert
theunitedshop.com 10% Off Promotion insert
MP Referral Promotion insert
Use MP Visa at united.com Promotion Insert

copied from the United site. Even with united's financial woes, they still seem to send more stuff to elites.

I wonder what AA gives elites. Any takers? I know we have FTers that have elite status with multiple airlines?
Old Feb 20, 2005, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Prem. Plat, AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Premier Plat, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by gman67
Got my 1K packet today in the Monterey area. Since it looks like nobody posted a detailed account of 1K packet contents...

2005 1K Packet Contents
1K Mail Envelope
1K Envelope/Folder for contents
2005 1K Membership Card
2005 1K Benefits booklet
Find Your Place in the Sky seating chart booklet
Going the Extra Mile service recognition certificates (4)
Beverage Vouchers (10)
Free Blackberry Promotion insert
United MP Visa Application insert
RCC 5,000 Bonus Miles Promotion insert
Elite Only MP Partners Promotions insert
theunitedshop.com 10% Off Promotion insert
MP Referral Promotion insert
Use MP Visa at united.com Promotion Insert

copied from the United site. Even with united's financial woes, they still seem to send more stuff to elites.

I wonder what AA gives elites. Any takers? I know we have FTers that have elite status with multiple airlines?
AA's pack is worse than CO pack -- I got my Plat card in December -- and the exp. date is Feb. 2006. A simple guide and that is all. No free anything.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Any Houstonians get theirs yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.