Wiki Posts
Search

On-line booking: CO vs HP

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 1999, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
On-line booking: CO vs HP

Does anyone know, if I am a OnePass member, and I am going to book a round-trip on HP, on non-codeshare flights, is there any advantage one way or the other, considering bonuses, promotions, etc., to booking it via the HP web page, as opposed to the CO web page?
Old Sep 1, 1999, 7:25 am
Original Member

Well if you are going to be earning onepass miles and not flightfund miles, then you are better off booking on CO's site.

That way you get the online bonus 1000 miles.

Old Sep 1, 1999, 7:44 am

Plus, If you book with an AMEX card, you will get 3000 more miles.

I don't know also if HP still has that wheel thing where you can get a percentage discount. They were advertising it in early August.
Old Sep 1, 1999, 8:14 am

In general, Boomer is absolutely correct. All else being equal, to receive the 1,000 mile "online bonus," it is necessary to book on whose website you are earning your flight miles from.

However, in your specific example, with the details you provided, I am almost certain, that of the two (CO & HP) websites, you have no choice than to book on HP's. Other than with the exception of codeshares, each airline's inventory is exclusive to their respective website. The CO website does not offer HP flights and the HP website does not offer CO flights. Unfortunately, the 3,000 mile AMEX bonus that Tute84 mentions, requires booking on the CO website.

[This message has been edited by MRLIMO (edited 09-01-1999).]
Old Sep 1, 1999, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
It appears that the most advantageous thing for me to do would be to change my travel plans so I stay on CO or CO-codeshare flights, and book on the CO web page. Will report back.
Old Sep 1, 1999, 9:53 pm

It is possible to earn a web bonus on one airline while earning flight miles with another. For example, the terms of NW's web booking bonus offer only require you to provide your WorldPerks number at time of booking. The offer says nothing about having to earn WorldPerks miles for the flights.

Thanks to several simultaneous promotions this Spring (each with similar requirements), I forced NW to give me my 1000 mile web bonus, a certificate for a free companion ticket and a certificate for a $99 r/t from MSP to LAS, even though I elected to earn OnePass miles on my single $300 r/t from MSP to SEA.

Another NW e-ticket will be faxed in tomorrow for the web booking credit as well.
Old Sep 2, 1999, 8:38 am
Original Member

upgrademe:

Thanks for that tip.

Looks like NWA owes me 1000 miles for a recent booking I'll see what they say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.