Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Platinum Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 1999, 7:04 am

I just called Chase and they had no idea what I was talking about she said it could be offered in certain states, but she had no idea. If anyone can give additional info it would be greatly appreciated. For $25.00 it would be worth me to apply since the 6000 points be converted to HH from 5000 to 10000 which I can apply for the future trip to Hawaii.
Old Jun 11, 1999, 7:20 am

I figured the first-year $25 annual fee was standard. According to my statement, that is what I was charged. I didn't give any sort of promotion code or anything.

I have two theories, but they are strictly that. (1) I just signed up to the Continental FF program. Perhaps it is a "new member" deal.

(2) The person taking my information put in some sort of code without telling me and without my prompting.

Old Jun 11, 1999, 7:22 am

I figured the first-year $25 annual fee was standard. According to my statement, that is what I was charged. I didn't give any sort of promotion code or anything.

I have two theories, but they are strictly that. (1) I just signed up to the Continental FF program. Perhaps it is a "new member" deal.

(2) The person taking my information put in some sort of code without telling me and without my prompting.

Old Jun 11, 1999, 11:19 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Did you get the lower $25, fee and the 6000 mileage bonus? Wondering if there may be several different offers with different codes!

wanderlust- Just saw something the other day that said (in an ad) that they were voted (by who I unfortunately don't know) number 1 in customer satisfaction. For what its worth!
Old Jun 11, 1999, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Yes, doc, that's worth a lot, thanks! If you happen upon the survey, I'd be intereseted in seeing it. I have no experience with Chase.

As of now, I have been completely satisfied with MBNA customer service. Very responsive, great benefits, always extremely courteous. Diner's Club is probably next, followed by Amex - who seem to have sluffed off their obsequious behavior, unfortunately. Discover is about average. I have quite a few other accounts, but the only ones need mentioning is Citibank, who I have NOT been impressed with at all. Providian is pretty bad (proved by the recent class action against them in Califormia - I droped them like a ton of bricks last year and they WILL NOT leave me alone) and the very bottom of a very large pile sits USAFirst - they are absolutely the bottom of the barrel - the WORST when it comes to service and product. They flat out see you as dollar signs and they don't care who you are. Even if you have a platinum account. They don't train their reps well - they are not knowlegable. If they don't know how to do something right then, they don't feel obligated to find out for you; and when you ask them, they heave a huge sigh as if they are "put out". This has happened many times, and not just with me. I have since cancelled my accounts with them.

If you have an account with them, look at the fine print. Very short grace periods and (like Discover) TWO-cycle billing period. Ouch! Their customers are getting hammered and they don't even know it. Greed is what runs that company.

------------------
aloha!
www.hotshirts.com

Old Jun 13, 1999, 11:13 am

Doesn't greed run most every company (especially travel-related)?
Old Jun 22, 1999, 10:29 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks for the summary wanderlust. Not much argument about First USA, I'm sure! Everyone complains about them and the Banc One merger did not help either!

Tute84- And a belated thank you for your prompt response/info above!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.