Wiki Posts
Search

Let the games begin...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 1999, 10:14 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Let the games begin...

Well folks, it's now march 1st, which means the new onepass elite levels are now in place. So the time for speculating about what 1999 will bring is over.

Of course my first flight isnt until the 7th, which means my fun doesnt begin till the 4th
Old Feb 28, 1999, 10:21 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
It's not quite March 1st yet here in MST, but I think were all interested in seeing how "Enhanced" the new OnePass program really is.
My first flight will be on the 6th as a new Platinum, I'll be sure to let everyone know if anything of interest occurs.
Old Mar 1, 1999, 12:56 am
Original Member

well, I called in at midnight CST.. call volumes were extremely high (hmm.. I wonder why?), the automated voice said 15 minutes, but it was more like 8 minutes on the phone.. no problem getting the upgrade, but the guy sounded harried and put me on hold (ie, he was new at doing this, just like everyone else).

moral of the story: I'm glad I'm not silver or gold

I know I'm not going to be this hard core about upgrades in the future (I just happen to be awake at midnight a lot) so we'll see how the year goes. good luck to you all!
Old Mar 1, 1999, 1:26 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Now, here's something that I've always wondered. Is the 12am measurement done in Houston (CST), or where you are calling from?
Old Mar 1, 1999, 6:41 am
Original Member

Location: Tyler, TX- Former Onepass Infinite Platinum +MM & CO * now UA-1K, Hyatt Diamond, ICH RA, Hilton HH Diamond VIP, Hertz Prez Circle, Clear Registered Traveler, BIG fan of Pre-Check
...my first flight is today (3/1). I booked it last Wed. I immediately called the Elite Desk and inquired about the upgrade. They upgraded my 3rd leg (a Y fare) and told me to call back 3 days prior on my outbound leg (today's flight - a "K" fare...the middle two are Express flights). When I called on Friday morning, they weren't sure if 3 days prior would apply since it wasn't 3/1, but after being on hold for 8 mins, they returned with an upgraded seat.
Old Mar 1, 1999, 7:28 am
Original Member

I'm in Houston, and several times I have called the Gold Elite line around 10 p.m. CST. I usually ask where the Elite Rep is located and the last two times the answer has been Salt Lake City. So, in reality, do we really know where the "tin can and string" is connected?
Old Mar 1, 1999, 8:48 am
Original Member
Original Poster

I asked a few people at Continental about this time zone issue and was told Eastern time.

Just an aside, when booking flights, to try and get that advance purchase requirement, CO uses Pacific time. Which gives us in the east 3 extra hours.
Old Mar 1, 1999, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
Tried for an upgrade today at MDW. The agent at check-in insisted that upgrades had to be done by phone ahead of time. This she said was what she was told. Finally got it but only after much persistence.
Old Mar 1, 1999, 12:45 pm
Original Member

Welcome aboard, Lurch! I think we all are going to see some confusion in the next few weeks, and hopefully we can have some patience, as you did, and get through the misinformation.
Old Mar 1, 1999, 12:49 pm
Used to be 'lohiadk'

Tried to upgrade a Northwest flight. They had trouble finding the reservation and after being on hold for 10 minutes they came back and asked for a phone number they could call me back at. Received the call with the upgraded seats in around 30 mins.
Old Mar 1, 1999, 6:12 pm

Location: CLE, UA MM, UA Premier Plat, Bonvoy Titanium UA Club
I've had sooooo much excitement in one day with this new "alliance" program, I just don't know how much more I can take!!

----->I call CO Gold Elite line to have them upgrade me on NW flights (Y class). I was told I need to call NW and let them know my status and they will upgrade me.
----->I call NW, on and off hold for 20 mins (he's retrieving my records, checking class, etc, etc). Only to inform me that I need to call CO and have them confirm my status and CO is to call NW with me on the line to confirm the upgrade!
----->I call CO and explain what has just occurred. The CO representative gets all my information, calls NW (I'm on hold). Comes back on line and notifies me that I have been upgraded to first class. I say "OK, could you please tell me the specific seat assignments?" (Obviously I'm not trusting anybody after the run around I received). The CO rep says "OH, I'll have to call NW back and find out, do you want to hold?" Yipeee, more time holding, golly, why not, let's waste more time. Finally she returns with the seat assignments.
It is clear that CO and NW are learning this process like baptism by fire!

Well, at least I am better educated for the next time a CO rep tells me to call NW for the upgrade!
Old Mar 1, 1999, 6:28 pm
Original Member

this oughtta be fun--I'm NW silver, flying CO mia/iah/ord/ewr/tpa over the wkend of the 12th. From reading, I have to call NW to get the upgrade.
Old Mar 2, 1999, 5:33 am

Location: CLE, UA MM, UA Premier Plat, Bonvoy Titanium UA Club
jamiel.....no! Call CO first, they will contact NW for you
Old Mar 2, 1999, 8:21 am
Original Member

Location: Tyler, TX- Former Onepass Infinite Platinum +MM & CO * now UA-1K, Hyatt Diamond, ICH RA, Hilton HH Diamond VIP, Hertz Prez Circle, Clear Registered Traveler, BIG fan of Pre-Check
Well, survival of 3/1 (IAH-CMH) complete and relatively uneventful. Did have an interesting experience in the North President's Club. Upon checkin they were debating the question about Silver Elites and whether or not they can upgrade at the gate. I told them I didn't think so and reached into my briefcase and handed them my new Elite guide so that she would have a reference guide.
Old Mar 2, 1999, 6:12 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Has anyone received a new statement for this year, either online or in the mail? My online statement still shows 11/02-12/31/98.
Plus, I am still missing one segment from a HP flight that has to be added manually from what I was told.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.