FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let the games begin...
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 1999, 6:12 pm
traveltoomuch

Location: CLE, UA MM, UA Premier Plat, Bonvoy Titanium UA Club
I've had sooooo much excitement in one day with this new "alliance" program, I just don't know how much more I can take!!

----->I call CO Gold Elite line to have them upgrade me on NW flights (Y class). I was told I need to call NW and let them know my status and they will upgrade me.
----->I call NW, on and off hold for 20 mins (he's retrieving my records, checking class, etc, etc). Only to inform me that I need to call CO and have them confirm my status and CO is to call NW with me on the line to confirm the upgrade!
----->I call CO and explain what has just occurred. The CO representative gets all my information, calls NW (I'm on hold). Comes back on line and notifies me that I have been upgraded to first class. I say "OK, could you please tell me the specific seat assignments?" (Obviously I'm not trusting anybody after the run around I received). The CO rep says "OH, I'll have to call NW back and find out, do you want to hold?" Yipeee, more time holding, golly, why not, let's waste more time. Finally she returns with the seat assignments.
It is clear that CO and NW are learning this process like baptism by fire!

Well, at least I am better educated for the next time a CO rep tells me to call NW for the upgrade!