Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let the games begin...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 1999, 7:12 pm
Original Member

Location: Tyler, TX- Former Onepass Infinite Platinum +MM & CO * now UA-1K, Hyatt Diamond, ICH RA, Hilton HH Diamond VIP, Hertz Prez Circle, Clear Registered Traveler, BIG fan of Pre-Check
...yea, my Jan update hit the web a couple of weeks ago.
Old Mar 3, 1999, 8:49 am
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
I received my OnePass statement for the period ending 02/07/99 by mail a couple of days ago . I am only missing 3 of 11 HP segments for the period, which is pretty good! I must add that prior to 1994 I used to consistantly receive statements within 2-3 weeks from the period end.
Anyway any improvment is greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 3, 1999, 1:25 pm
Original Member

Well, I have just been through 1 hour of hell on the phone to get an upgrade on a NW flight. I went through the exact (and I mean the exact)same process that traveltoomuch went through. I should have read this link first and could have knocked some time off of this adventure.

The agents were all very nice but none of them knew how to do the upgrades. Continental could not find my reservation. NW thought I could not be upgraded.

It was a mess but it had a happy ending. I got both of my segments upgraded. I also can't believe that I had the patience to wait so long. Maybe it was because the agents were so nice and were saying they just did not understand what to do.

I will try to upgrade my return on Friday.

Wish me luck,

crju
Old Mar 3, 1999, 1:46 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

No you know why the topic isn't
"Let the FUN and games begin..."

On a serious note, It seems like the folks in the service center havent learn all the new rules just yet. And it's starting to look like, for the most part, ELTCs without the paper.

Old Mar 3, 1999, 8:58 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Old Gold, I just got credited for my late Jan flight on HP from PHX to IAH. I just sent an email asking for new statement either by email, snailmail, or online.
Old Mar 4, 1999, 11:03 am
Original Member
Original Poster

This is starting to look alot like last year.

My first 1999 elite upgrade experience:

Called this morning 12:05am to upgrade a flight for sunday. On hold for just under 4 mins. Flight is EWR-IAH-OMA. IAH-OMA upgraded, EWR-IAH has no upgrade seats, only revenue seats left. This is nothing new, the EWR-IAH flights have been the most difficult, for me, to upgrade. I batted 50% on this flight (sunday 4:45) last year 3 for 6, all 3 upgrades were space available.

All in all, it loks like very little has changed, except no paper and unlimited ELTCs.
Old Mar 4, 1999, 8:17 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
It has always been dificult to upgrade on routes like between EWR-IAH or CLE-IAH, there's no reason to expect that anything has changed. I was looking on easysabre today at availability for flights from EWR to IAH on Monday, of 12 nonstops only 2 had availability in "F"
class (available for upgrade), although most had availability in "A" class.

Last September I was numero uno on the standby list for CLE-IAH, they said that it looked good when I left the Presidents Club, but the gate agent said that FC was full. I later learned that I was upgraded, but they forgot to let me know, so I didn't find out until weeks later when my OnePass statment came in the mail.....BUMMER!
Old Mar 4, 1999, 9:45 pm
Original Member

hmm, I called in this morning to confirm an upgrade and the rez agent said the computer was slow as molasses, cold tar, etc, etc (very poetic man)

I wonder if the upgrades have contributed to the problem? The guy said they've been buried with calls.
Old Mar 5, 1999, 8:07 am
Original Member

Well, today I requested my return upgrade on NW today through CO. I was put on and off hold for about 15 minutes and finally got the upgrade. This is much better than the 60 minute wait earlier. Looks like things are getting better.

Also, the reservations guy I spoke with stated that everyone at CO, NW, and AW are having a tremendously hard time with the new programs.
Old Mar 5, 1999, 8:52 am
Original Member

I called this morning at about 6am MST request Platinum upgrades for flights from RDU-EWR and EWR-LAS on Monday. The total time on the phone was about 10 min. FC on the 1:30p RDU-EWR was not available, (The ITN website was showing 6 seats in "A" class, should be a reasonable chance on the s/b list) No Problem on the 9:00p America West codeshare. (HP doesn't hold back FC seats in "A" class like CO) Must not be many high-rollers going to Vegas on Monday night. So far havn't experienced any problems with the "Enhanced" program, but my first flight isn't until tomorrow. At least I have been flying Continental long enough to not have any unreasonable expectations.
Old Mar 5, 1999, 1:19 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

oldgold:

How do you see how many seats are available in a class on itn's website?
Old Mar 5, 1999, 2:15 pm
Original Member

Boomer:
To get seat availability from ITN: after login go to profile update, then select Display preferences, then set to "Expert"
The flight availability screen will then show a 1 digit number for each of the fare classes, that is from 0 to 9(or more)
Old Mar 7, 1999, 10:56 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
" Sir, I'm sorry, but there's no more room on that flight in F class, only revenue seats. You'll have to get on the standby/waiting list at the airport for the 7 remaining seats. Yes your return flight 2 days later has one F seat left. Let me upgrade it now so you don't have to wait."

No further comment......

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 03-07-99).]
Old Mar 8, 1999, 5:20 am
Original Member

Location: Tyler, TX- Former Onepass Infinite Platinum +MM & CO * now UA-1K, Hyatt Diamond, ICH RA, Hilton HH Diamond VIP, Hertz Prez Circle, Clear Registered Traveler, BIG fan of Pre-Check
***OMNI***
But you know Dave, hasn't that always been a loop-hole when you got just the right CS agent on the phone? I could never find the logic, but I never wanted to ask as well.
DAW
Old Mar 10, 1999, 11:36 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Upgraded my return back to new york(OMA-IAH-EWR) last night. A good experience, indeed.

Called at 12:01am(eastern) it was only 11:01pm here in Omaha.

No waiting time, got right through to a reservation agent. Took all of 3 mins to upgrade both segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.