Wiki Posts
Search

Confused about upgrades to Central America

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Silver, Marriott Platinum
Confused about upgrades to Central America

Currently I am sitting in the lounge in Houston.
Today I had a flight 2/21 SAN-IAH - M fare upgraded as I had hoped for.
Now the my flight on 2/22 IAH-SJO M fare hoping for an upgrade - I understand that the CPU (is that the right term?) should run for these flights, is that correct?

This ticket was booked on Continental.com using my Onepass account (Platinum level) - is it also true if there are seats available that these are auto-upgraded if it is M fare or higher?

This is where the confusion comes in, on the 2/22 flight, I am not upgrade, which is fine. However, I am not on the upgrade list. After talking to an agent, who was sure I could not get on the upgrade list until 24hrs before the flight.

Anyone have any insight to what could have happened ? and why I would not be on the upgrade list?

Any input would be greatly appreciated - moderators please feel free to move the thread to a more appropriate location.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
I checked and this is a Platinum M-Upgrade Fare

So, assuming you're on one of the flights with F available, go to your reservation page on the website and click upgrade res. and you should be able to confirm it now. If it doesn't work there, call an agent. The upgrade books into the P or PN bucket.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Silver, Marriott Platinum
Last 3 seats just dissappeared before I got put on the upgrade list - just like that... seems somewhat curious.

Is there a trick to check the upgrade list?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
mobile.united.com, though you won't show up on that until you check in.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Elite upgrades still work, if its a busy route use your miles/ regional

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.