Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier Gold companion vs Premier Silver?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA General
Red face Premier Gold companion vs Premier Silver?

Mr dreamfool and I just booked ORD-NRT(operated by UA), NRT-TPE(operated by NH) using miles from our each of our own accounts via CO's reward reservation website. Mr dreamfool is a UA Premier Exec (Premier Gold) and I am a Premier(Premier Silver). Since I may lose the E+ seat on the UA flight as this trip won't take place until May 2012, I naturally think that instead of using my own status, I would somehow be counted as his companion. Can this be done since we have separate PNRs? Who should I call? CO or UA?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dreamfool
Mr dreamfool and I just booked ORD-NRT(operated by UA), NRT-TPE(operated by NH) using miles from our each of our own accounts via CO's reward reservation website. Mr dreamfool is a UA Premier Exec (Premier Gold) and I am a Premier(Premier Silver). Since I may lose the E+ seat on the UA flight as this trip won't take place until May 2012, I naturally think that instead of using my own status, I would somehow be counted as his companion. Can this be done since we have separate PNRs? Who should I call? CO or UA?
You have claim to the seats you booked. You shouldn't be yanked out of your chosen seat because (I'm assuming) you lose status between booking and flight.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Based on what UA Insider has posted here, your E+ seat should be secure, barring an aircraft change.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
You have claim to the seats you booked. You shouldn't be yanked out of your chosen seat because (I'm assuming) you lose status between booking and flight.
Actually I will still my status through the end of this year, but I heard after 3/3/2012, the silver elites will only be able to get the E+ seats when checking in if they are available. If they won't yank me out of my seat then I should be OK.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Critic
Based on what UA Insider has posted here, your E+ seat should be secure, barring an aircraft change.
Yeah I hate those!! I remember one time I got stuck in E- because of that on a transpacific flight...

Last edited by dreamfool; Feb 21, 2012 at 12:04 pm
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Just want to post an update on this:

I reserved my seat in E+ on CO's website but it gives me "! For United operated flights the seat assignments might be delayed. Please check back again later." message. I went into my UA account and located the seat I have reserved, but now it wants me to pay USD 119 for it. I guess the system knows that the flight takes place in May so it would not let a 2P secure an E+ seat now, based on the new elite program rules. What to do?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dreamfool
Just want to post an update on this:

I reserved my seat in E+ on CO's website but it gives me "! For United operated flights the seat assignments might be delayed. Please check back again later." message. I went into my UA account and located the seat I have reserved, but now it wants me to pay USD 119 for it. I guess the system knows that the flight takes place in May so it would not let a 2P secure an E+ seat now, based on the new elite program rules. What to do?
Have mrdreamfool call in for you. and keep checking the seats.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by aacharya
Have mrdreamfool call in for you. and keep checking the seats.

This. The Spouse (no status) and I have separate PNRs on an upcoming flight; I called in and was able to have an E+ seat assigned for him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.