Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CO Domestic F dinner meals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
On the positive, one non-meal flight had a snackbasket.
Which is way better than PMCO non-meal flights where this is all you would get

Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA
Really????????????????????????? It is the new COua CEO forwarding these decisions. This is $misek 100%.

But overall I don't know what the OP is saying, just had dinner on DCA- IAH on Monday and there was soup (albeit cold- served by a lackluster CO staff from EWR).

Facts-> straight-> PLEASE

Just because you think Smisek is making the changes (he isn't as in charge in this area as the COO though, who is by chance is a PMUAer) doesn't mean he won't go the UA way on things.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Really????????????????????????? It is the new COua CEO forwarding these decisions. This is $misek 100%.

But overall I don't know what the OP is saying, just had dinner on DCA- IAH on Monday and there was soup (albeit cold- served by a lackluster CO staff from EWR).

My facts are totally straight. The PMUA mid con dinner service had warm nuts, a salad, roll, hot dish and cookie to finish. No soup.

The OP did not indicate what flight he was on nor the time of day, so I suppose i jumped the gun a bit. But this tired refrain of "Smisek is running the show so it's all CO" is utterly useless and patently false. There are aspects of the merged product that have come from both sides.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Which is way better than PMCO non-meal flights where this is all you would get...
Not exactly true. On plenty of non-mealtime PMCO flights, the much-maligned cold plate was served. Still more substantial than a snack basket, but I am glad the UA cold plate has seemingly survived.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
It seems as if the somewhat longer mid-con flights (>3.5 hours) will receive a salad followed by a main course. I recently flew EWR-FLL and we received cream of mushroom soup with a spinach/chicken wrap. For some reason, they only catered one option on this flight even though the amenities page reads "Light meal featuring a choice of a hot sandwich or salad main course option." The soup was good (as usual) but the sandwich was absolutely disgusting. I really miss the hot entrees.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: Now UA free!, AA Ex Plat, AS MVP, Marriott Titanium for life
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Just because you think Smisek is making the changes (he isn't as in charge in this area as the COO though, who is by chance is a PMUAer) doesn't mean he won't go the UA way on things.
The fact is CEO sets the tone and direction of departments. In any event this must not have been a dinner flight, as we do get warm nits and soup on mid con dinner flights. ^^

The comment was a. wrong and b. if true, his displeasure was incorrectly focused on PMUA and not the current management team.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
That's the LGA-ORD meal (and other 800 mile-ish flights). Have found it quite good, esp on that length of flight.
Hey, wasn't this the one flight they exempted from the meal rules due to competition at one time? Or did they revert back to all snack service?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by EWR764
Not exactly true. On plenty of non-mealtime PMCO flights, the much-maligned cold plate was served. Still more substantial than a snack basket, but I am glad the UA cold plate has seemingly survived.
And on the flight without a cold plate, the almonds were all that you got. I'm pleased to see the snack basket surviving, as one bag of almonds on a 862 mile flight is not my idea of a snack.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:52 pm

I'm about to fly Iah-ont in f. hopefully I get lucky
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Thats a snack plate. Bring back cheeseburger.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, Best West Gold, United Gold
I know it seems odd, but I would take a hot cheeseburger, salad, since I know what fries would taste like and a sundae or dessert item anytime. I am not very picky. Since I have zero reimbursement for meals I love free food. Not everyone has an expense account while flying for business.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by pptp
The soup is not gone. Not familiar enough with the changes to tell you why certain one haven't seen it.
The soup IS gone. According to the FA's on my flight Tuesday night-and confirmed on today's flights.

So, flight was EWR-IAH (CO 39) on Tuesday. Meal was listed as "dinner" which historically was Soup, Salad, Entree w/starch, and seperate desert after dinner. Has been that way for YEARS.

Tuesday was Salad (in the SAME bowl that cereal in the UC's is served-IAH "E" club this am). Smallish-bowl. Entree w/OUT starch. Fruit in a cup just a little bigger than a nut ramkin. Fruit was 1/2 circle of orange, 1/2 circle of grapefruit, 3 grapes, 2 pieces of cantalope. Fresh baked cookie after tray was taken. The nuts were mixed, and served warm in a bowl.

The snack basket was Tuesday night IAH-MSY. Included tolberone's, pop-chips, banannas and other various stuff...have seen it on UA ORD-IAD previously.

Today, I had the scone on an early MSY-IAH flight.

Took the "lunch" IAH-EWR flight. Lunch was changed. (spoke with crew, said the new meals are rolling out slowly. They started on Monday)

Lunch was: Beef wrap (not changed), SOUP-served in the "salad" bowl from dinner-aka the cereal bowl at the UC. (This is HORRIBLE for soup 'containment', and the soup slops all over), fruit in the small-ish nut cup, and NO milano cookie! Fresh baked cookies were served later in the flight.

See above...100% straight!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: Now UA free!, AA Ex Plat, AS MVP, Marriott Titanium for life
The soup IS gone. According to the FA's on my flight Tuesday night-and confirmed on today's flights.

So, flight was EWR-IAH (CO 39) on Tuesday. Meal was listed as "dinner" which historically was Soup, Salad, Entree w/starch, and seperate desert after dinner. Has been that way for YEARS.

Tuesday was Salad (in the SAME bowl that cereal in the UC's is served-IAH "E" club this am). Smallish-bowl. Entree w/OUT starch. Fruit in a cup just a little bigger than a nut ramkin. Fruit was 1/2 circle of orange, 1/2 circle of grapefruit, 3 grapes, 2 pieces of cantalope. Fresh baked cookie after tray was taken. The nuts were mixed, and served warm in a bowl.

The snack basket was Tuesday night IAH-MSY. Included tolberone's, pop-chips, banannas and other various stuff...have seen it on UA ORD-IAD previously.

Took the "lunch" IAH-EWR flight. Lunch was changed. (spoke with crew, said the new meals are rolling out slowly. They started on Monday)

Lunch was: Beef wrap (not changed), SOUP-served in the "salad" bowl from dinner-aka the cereal bowl at the UC. (This is HORRIBLE for soup 'containment', and the soup slops all over), fruit in the small-ish nut cup, and NO milano cookie! Fresh baked cookies were served later in the flight.

Oh OK I guess I imagined my soup, as did others.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold

No mention of a vegetable. Did these dinners ever come with vegetables?

Also, what exactly was the entree? Just curious whether it was something that would seem odd without a starch (or a vegetable?).
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:33 pm

The soup IS gone.

Lunch was: Beef wrap (not changed), SOUP-served in the "salad" bowl from dinner-aka the cereal bowl at the UC
Ummm, which is it?

BTW, they must have gotten the wrong bowls. It's supposed to be the same as the (smaller) fruit bowl.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EWR764
My facts are totally straight. The PMUA mid con dinner service had warm nuts, a salad, roll, hot dish and cookie to finish. No soup.
Does LGA-DEN and vv (1,600 miles) count as a midcon? I've had soup on that route multiple times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.