Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

IFE Fiascos - Is No One Checking These Systems Regularly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Is no one at CO doing any sort of QC checks on aircraft??

1) IAH-NRT Friday Feb 2. I had 1L reserved for a long time. I knew from FT that you *always* board early and check your seat and IFE operation long before departure and bring up any issues right away. My audio was out, and lucky the flight was under-booked in BF, so the concierge moved me to another seat...but I lost my Japanese meal choice and the other benefits of being in row 1.

This aircraft came from Lagos many hours before the NRT departure and there was ample time to do a QC check on the systems.

2) NRT-IAH Monday Feb 6. I had 1L reserved yet again...and this time my screen was out totally...nothing worked (no FA call button, reading light, etc). My seatmate was able to get his to turn on, but mine wouldn't come on even with a reboot, and I saw another seat in row 1 with a blank screen as well. Once again, lucky the cabin wasn't full and I was moved to a seat with working IFE.

3) IAH-FLL CO1648 Feb 6. Entire right side of the aircraft had no DirecTV...rebooting didn't help.

On a related note, since this thread is about QC, my IAH-NRT seat (the infamous 1L) was absolutely filthy - there was hair all over the shoulder console, and scraps of food and other debris between the seat and divider almost as if the cleaners just couldn't be bothered. The concierge saw the mess and was livid - but before she could scream at the cleaners, we discovered my audio problem and I moved.

With almost 6 hours of ground time, no one from CO comes on board to inspect the aircraft for cleanliness before it departs on a flagship international flight?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by bocastephen
With almost 6 hours of ground time, no one from CO comes on board to inspect the aircraft for cleanliness before it departs on a flagship international flight?

Many posters, some from CO, claim that you are purchasing air transportation from Point A to Point B. Anything extra, such as IFE, is gravy or icing or whatever.

If that is truly the CO position, perhaps they don't inspect these things that frequently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.