OnePass Service Center Not Accepting Calls

Old Dec 21, 11, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
OnePass Service Center Not Accepting Calls

Just tried to call OP in Houston and a recording just told me due to high call volume they are not accepting calls. They tell me to "Ask Alex" if I'm missing miles and then it just disconnects the call. Never heard that before. Awesome customer service.
Old Dec 21, 11, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA 1K
Same thing two days ago.. just cut off after "Alex" tease.

I finally called Elite Desk and asked them to transfer me to the OPSC "Elite" line (knowing there isn't one, I don't think) and they transferred me to a number which connected within one minute.

For someone new to CO/OP, to simply be cut off is truly a hell of a public relations note!!

tk
Old Dec 21, 11, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
This has been a recurring problem all this week. I hang up and keep calling back until I get the prompt for OPSC.

I know they are busy and all, but 40 min hold time is ridiculous. Either add staff or empower the Elite line to handle some of the OP issues.

On the other hand, called Mileage Plus and was connected to an agent in less than 2 mins. She apologized for the wait at the OPSC and said they have heard about issues over on that side and hopes in the future Mileage Plus will be able to handle some of the calls.
Old Dec 21, 11, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just had the same thing this morning. Trying to transfer FEQMs to get to 1K and cannot get through at all. Ridiculous. It's bad enough that they changed the terms on these things so they become valueless for Plats starting next year, but it's much worse that they make it so difficult to use them this year.

It looks like I'm going to need to buy a J class ticket to MNL in January. Probably a good opportunity to start building status with the dAArk side.
Old Dec 21, 11, 3:23 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by AustinWeatherGuy View Post
For someone new to CO/OP, to simply be cut off is truly a hell of a public relations note!!

tk
Same for those of us well known to CO. treatment is apalling. Earlier this week having waited for 45 mins on the 'elite line' to speak to a human, i finally got an agent. I needed to change a flight but ticketing was too complex so I couldnt do on line. Anyway I am on the phone with her for 30 minutes doing this. After a long wait and to and fro was all sorted - I could see on CO.com that all the changes had been made. She said there was a final step as needed to clear it through ticketing or financing and she would put me on hold and I would lose the music. She did that and then 5 seconds later I hear the sound of a dead phone line. She had cut me off. That was after over an hour on the phone of which 30 mins was talking to her. I thought well she will just call me back and complete the transaction, afterall my contact details are on my onepass account. She didnt. Within 10 mins i saw she had removed my new itinerary and replaced back with the old one. It was like I had never spoken to anyone. This was now 2 am. I had to start all over again
Old Dec 21, 11, 4:30 pm

This is our future:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...vation-issues/

Although 11 hours sounds a little insane.
Old Dec 21, 11, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Can't wait til March
Old Dec 21, 11, 4:40 pm

I think i'm going to keep a hard copy of any future reservations just in-case something goes wrong.
Old Dec 21, 11, 4:49 pm

Programs: MM Frequent Traveller, Marriot Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
If you are an elite member, call the elite line (the number listed on the back of your elite card) and request to be connected to the One Pass Service Center. This should go by relatively quickly. Yesterday I had to call, and I was through in 5 mins. (plat elite).
If you are not elite, GOOD LUCK.

Before I was elite, this message used to happen when I called the reservation hotlines sometimes during the holidays and such.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
iluvairlines
Old Dec 21, 11, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO View Post
Just tried to call OP in Houston and a recording just told me due to high call volume they are not accepting calls. They tell me to "Ask Alex" if I'm missing miles and then it just disconnects the call. Never heard that before. Awesome customer service.
I'm getting my popcorn out, putting my feet on the table, and waiting for the first post stating "this is impossible because it has never happened to me".
Old Dec 22, 11, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by danville 1K View Post
I'm getting my popcorn out, putting my feet on the table, and waiting for the first post stating "this is impossible because it has never happened to me".
Ha! My call isn't even vaguely important. I am just curious as to why when I log into UA I'm immediately recognized as a 1K and CO has yet to recognize me as such (ie, no SWUs and the calculator is at 100%) since I made it a few weeks ago. Im at 110K EQM all flown under my OnePass #
Old Dec 27, 11, 3:15 pm

Programs: AF/KL: FB Gold, A3 *G, DL GM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Silv, IHG Plat Ambassador
Seems this is still going on. Tried to call today and got the "Ask Alex" message and then it hung up. Tried calling multiple times but same response. Will try to route via reservations but I'm not a CO elite.
Old Dec 27, 11, 7:01 pm

Programs: MM Frequent Traveller, Marriot Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cswarthout View Post
Seems this is still going on. Tried to call today and got the "Ask Alex" message and then it hung up. Tried calling multiple times but same response. Will try to route via reservations but I'm not a CO elite.
If you're not elite, good luck, and I'm not surprised as it's right after holidays...
Old Dec 27, 11, 7:47 pm

Over an hour on hold tonite for OPSC via the plat. line.

"We are swamped with calls" was the excuse.....

Ridiculous.
Old Dec 27, 11, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO View Post
Ha! My call isn't even vaguely important. I am just curious as to why when I log into UA I'm immediately recognized as a 1K and CO has yet to recognize me as such (ie, no SWUs and the calculator is at 100%) since I made it a few weeks ago. Im at 110K EQM all flown under my OnePass #
I doubt that CO employees want customers to be on hold for 40 minutes - my guess is that management doesn't believe in staffing OPSC to a level necessary to end the very long wait times.

Customer Service isn't rocket science - you either believe in it, and staff the function accordingly, or you give it lip service.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: