Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge in BOG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
Lounge in BOG

Howde,
traveling to Bogota IAH - BOG - IAH on the redeyes in a week from now.
Will probably be upgraded both ways.
Can I use the Aviacsa lounge in BOG? Is it airside? Do they accept *G traveling on Y as well?
Will the be open late evening (9PM - 12AM)?

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
My experience has been that I can only get in if I'm in Intl Biz. They should give you a coupon when you checkin. Since Avianca is not part of * I don't think the *G will help. Not sure of the hours.

ETA. Yes, it's airside, just don't forget that you need to do the gate secondary screening, so give yourself enough time.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:54 pm
jez

Avianca joined * a little while ago. Haven't tried with *G but definitely works when traveling up front with CO. You'll get a coupon when checking in. After you pass through the second security (where they check your hand bag) it will be on your right hand side.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:57 pm

They haven't official joined star yet, it's a work in progress. I wouldn't count on *G getting you in.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: ::US,UA,CO+ currently non-rev Plat
make sure you get a coupon from CO.

I got in a nice little argument with them because I was flying AC and they said being a *G didn't matter. I needed a coupon from CO. I pointed out that CO's website said that lounge was available but they said no.
I had just come from the AA club where they wouldn't let me guest my father so we tried Avianca and presented our *G cards, his President's Club card, etc but to no avail. At that point my flight to YYZ was boarding so I gave up. His JJ flight to GRU wasn't for an hour or so but he didn't feel like going to CO to get the pass.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 8:27 pm

CO really needs to update the website or give the coupons to everyone. I think they only give them out to Intl Biz customers since it's not a * lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
It is always a good idea to request a lounge invitation when accessing a non-*A lounge. I vaguely remember reading a Spanish-language press release a few years ago about an Aerorepublica-branded lounge at BOG, so if all else fails they might accept your *G/PC status.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
The OP asked about the redeye BOG-IAH. What about the hours for the lounge? The Avianca website says it closes at 11 pm, which is rather useless for the IAH redeye departing at 114 am. Any recent experience? Could the Avianca website be wrong? Avianca has an 1156 pm to Washington, so an 11 pm close seems a bit early, even for its own metal.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, GE
I will be doing the red eye from BOG>IAH on 28MAR. I believe the flight leaves at 0014 so 2300 is reasonable.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:50 am

I heard the Avianca lounge opened recently in the new terminal. Any pics or reports?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by GDaoV
I will be doing the red eye from BOG>IAH on 28MAR. I believe the flight leaves at 0014 so 2300 is reasonable.
It is for 0014, but not 0114, which is when the redeye leaves before the US switches to DST.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, GE
Originally Posted by njcommodore
I heard the Avianca lounge opened recently in the new terminal. Any pics or reports?
It was open last Thursday morning when I caught the 0750 flight instead of 0014. You can take the elevator to the 2nd floor. It is clean, quiet and new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.