Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO chase 50,000 miles no 1st year fee

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: Continental
I got the 30 day msg too, but the card came today.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by hockey7711
I got the 30 day msg too, but the card came today.
When did you get approved? I got instant approval a week and a half ago, and not only no card, no word at all from Continental or Chase
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:51 am

250/500 more miles

A few more miles for those that get approved:

Earn 250/500 bonus miles (not sure which is correct, the headline or the T&C)

Valid Fri., Feb. 11, 2011 - Thu., Jun. 30, 2011

Use your MasterCard® credit or debit card to purchase a ticket at continental.com from Jan 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011, and earn 250 bonus miles.
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/onepass/promotions/registrationDetails.aspx?SID=328738C568DB459090A04 342E29851A6&v_ctrk=BBFM$0-51-1197-1-650&promoCode=A8121

OnePass members will receive 500 bonus miles for each new Continental Airlines ticket purchase transaction made at continental.com during the period of Jan. 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011, with a valid MasterCard credit or debit card.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mailbox
A few more miles for those that get approved:

Earn 250/500 bonus miles (not sure which is correct, the headline or the T&C)

Valid Fri., Feb. 11, 2011 - Thu., Jun. 30, 2011

Use your MasterCard® credit or debit card to purchase a ticket at continental.com from Jan 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011, and earn 250 bonus miles.
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/onepass/promotions/registrationDetails.aspx?SID=328738C568DB459090A04 342E29851A6&v_ctrk=BBFM$0-51-1197-1-650&promoCode=A8121

OnePass members will receive 500 bonus miles for each new Continental Airlines ticket purchase transaction made at continental.com during the period of Jan. 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011, with a valid MasterCard credit or debit card.
Every time in the past 3 years I've purchased a ticket online, I've used MasterCard and gotten the 250 mile bonus. They always claim it's for a specific time period only, but they seem to always extend it.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:14 pm

Help!Customer Svc problem re:50K

Somehow I missed all the buzz about the 50K card, must have been while I was very busy with a new Grandchild and not keeping up. Meantime, last month I had applied for my husband for the 25K +5K additional cardholder bonus, which was approved within days, but came while we were away for 2 weeks and wasn't activated till just this past week. Then yesterday, catching up with FT, I found this thread and thought, great, just made the first purchase and haven't been credited with any miles or bonus yet, and wrote to customer service through the secure message center (chose rewards inquiry) . I was sure the answer I would get would be a positive one, as so many others seem to have gotten:

What I wrote was the following:

I had applied for and was approved for the Chase Continental OnePass card one month ago. The sign up bonus then was 25,000 Continental miles after first purchase. which I just made yesterday as my card was only activated 3 days ago .

Now I see that there was another offer for the same product/card with a sign up bonus of 50,000 miles. Link:http://www.continental.com/web/en
US/content/products/chase/continental.aspx?offerequalsOPP50

It has only been a few days since I got the card. Is it possible that my account be adjusted so that I may receive the additional 25,000 miles please?

Thank you.

The following is the answer I received:

Re: Re: Rewards Inquiry

Thank you for your inquiry. In reviewing the credit card
application you completed, you either received or may be
qualified to receive the following enrollment bonuses.

? $50.00 statement credit,
? 25,000 enrollment miles,
? 5,000 miles for adding an authorized user
? First year annual fee waiver

Since the enrollment incentive referenced in your email is
only for 50,000 miles and the first year annual fee
waiver, and does not include the 5,000 authorized user
mile benefit or $50.00 statement credit, the account you
retain does not qualify for the additional 25,000
enrollment miles.

We will honor only those accounts that are opened within
the last 90 days that are scheduled to receive or have
already received 25,000 miles and the first year annual
fee waiver as their original application bonus. Any
accounts that received an incentive above the original
25,000 enrollment miles and first year annual fee waiver
and/or opened over 90 days ago will not qualify for the
additional bonus miles.

For this reason, I regret to inform you that I am unable
to honor your request for additional bonus miles.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Jonathan Kane
E-mail Customer Service Representative

I have written back stating I was expecting to forego any additional bonuses, none of which I have yet received and would appreciate being reconsidered for the 50K offer. I am awaiting another reply. Can anyone tell me what else they would do if denied again, or where did I go wrong?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
orknot2be I had a similar situation as yours, however the agent promised the difference and made no mention of the anything in excess of 25K. They said they would credit the miles after my initial bonus posts. I hope I don't get shafted then.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 1:58 pm

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I know this is not a financial forum, but regardless value the input of it's members and any suggestions you may be able to offer.

I applied for this card, and was denied. I typically would not whine or complain about this, other than that there is no justifiable reason, and the reason the denial letter gave was vague at best. "Lack of current revolving accounts" and "Insufficient Age History of Revolving Accounts".

I am 29 years old and take my credit and finances VERY seriously. I have worked all my life to establish and maintain good credit and a good overall financial picture.

I currently have two open revolving accounts on my Experian Credit report.
One opened in 1999 with zero late payments (paid in full every month) with BankAmerica and One opened in 2004 with Citi (Zero late payments / paid in full each month). I have had a Capital One card in the past, closed years ago, never a problem or late payment.

Never use my BankAmerica Card (2500 limit), but keep it open since it is my longest established. My Citi card I regularly use and has a $3500 limit. My income is over $100000. (35K from a W-2 Job, and 65K+ from Self Employment).

In my life, I have bought and paid off three new cars (all were paid off early) and have had two mortgages (both paid off early). The kicker here is, one of the mortgages was through Chase!! Since that mortgage, nothing in my financial picture has changed.

I also have a $25,000 CD with Chase.

In summary, there is not a single bad mark on my credit. The last time I had an actual score pulled (about two years ago), it was 777.

My question here, is it worth calling an questioning their credit department as to why i was denied? Or should I just let it go? This is not so much about the card, but the principal.

Thanks for your advice,

Jim
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:11 pm
In memoriam

It's weird - sometimes you have to use a lot of credit to get more. And then there are other silly reasons companies won't issue a credit card (my brother - a fairly wealthy retired lawyer - was once turned down for the Capital One card with no FOREX fee - explanation was something ridiculous like they didn't want to issue any more of those cards that month). But sometimes there are good reasons - either true - or mistakes in your credit record. So I would definitely pursue the matter (ask to speak to supervisors etc.). Pin down the exact reason for the denial if possible. Robyn
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update

Got the card in the mail today. Called Chase to activate, and she told me I'd get the 50K miles after the first purchase, so no problems there. I asked about the $50 credit, and she told me she didn't see anything about that for my account. After persisting, she sent a request, and told me I was approved, but I'm waiting for my first statement to see that.
Also asked her about waiving the fee (after the first year) and taking in less miles, and she said that wasn't a general rule, but to speak closer to the end of the year.
Glad to have the new card and excited to start using it! They also gave me a nice credit limit...more than double what I expected, and 1/3 more than what I hoped for!!
Old Feb 11, 2011, 3:45 pm

Escalated this issue to a Credit Analyst. The analyst I spoke to was extremely thourough and I felt at least appreciative that he heard me out. After putting me on hold for a moment....

...he apologized for the hassle and informed me that my card with 8K credit limit is in the mail!

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I can't believe I didn't see this one sooner.

Just applied for the card and was accepted immediately. I only dumped the Chase World MasterCard a month or two ago. This is a much better deal!
Old Feb 11, 2011, 5:16 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by jtopicz1
Escalated this issue to a Credit Analyst. The analyst I spoke to was extremely thourough and I felt at least appreciative that he heard me out. After putting me on hold for a moment....

...he apologized for the hassle and informed me that my card with 8K credit limit is in the mail!

Thanks!
Way to go ^^.

Sometimes you just never know. When I first moved from MIA to JAX - I started to get a ton of threatening phone calls from bill collectors. Trying to collect from someone who had my exact same name. From places like JC Penney. And I told them if they were from Neiman Marcus - maybe I missed something - but from JC Penney - no way. You never know. Sometimes info from someone with a seriously damaged credit history winds up in your profile.

You know - I've read so much in these recent credit card threads (both the CO and the Delta AMEX) - I've kind of forgotten the original and current offers. If I've had a Chase CO card for years - in my name - with my husband as a secondary cardholder - am I eligible for anything now?

If I get him a card in his name - will I get him the 25k miles in his account? And then the other 5k for adding me as a cardholder to his account?

Will I be able to transfer the miles in our old CO account to the new accounts?

Sorry to sound brain dead - but I have a lot on my plate these days (DH is having 5 MRIs and a bunch of consults to see what's going on with his MS - I have that straight - the credit card stuff not so straight). Robyn
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied for the OnePass Plus Card and was approved. I got it in the mail yesterday, but it's the Platinum MasterCard and not the OnePass Plus Card. Any differences? It's still a Continental branded card, gets double miles on co.com purchases, double "Shope OnePass" purchases, has the $85 annual fee which is waived the first year, 50K miles after first purchase, and first bag fee is waived. Anything else? It doesn't mention anything about 2 PC passes every anniversary...
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I applied for the OnePass Plus Card and was approved. I got it in the mail yesterday, but it's the Platinum MasterCard and not the OnePass Plus Card. Any differences? It's still a Continental branded card, gets double miles on co.com purchases, double "Shope OnePass" purchases, has the $85 annual fee which is waived the first year, 50K miles after first purchase, and first bag fee is waived. Anything else? It doesn't mention anything about 2 PC passes every anniversary...
They approved me and gave me the Platinum card instead of the OPP. Where did you see in the documentation that you get the 50K miles? I didn't see that any where in my package.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paule123
They approved me and gave me the Platinum card instead of the OPP. Where did you see in the documentation that you get the 50K miles? I didn't see that any where in my package.
I'm not sure if it said in the documentation, but when I called to activate, the Chase representative confirmed that I'd receive 50K miles after first purchase. Is there a difference between my card and the OPP? I have more than a $1K limit (something that seems to have come up on this thread)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.