Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

GG CHECKPOINT line 65 (updated as of May 2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GG CHECKPOINT line 65 (updated as of May 2013)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Just received an email response from [email protected] stating:

I plan on printing out this email and showing it to the next agent that says I need a conference room reservation.
All I can say is.... Lets Try!

Excellent Idea.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:58 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Through April, I've had few problems accessing the United Club in CLE. However, two times in May, I’ve been denied access at the front desks using my Club card. They simply state that any posted info is now obsolete, and they have to go by the new rules.

Been able to get in each time by stating I’m meeting someone at the gate, then they tell me “that is different” and give me the pass. However the second time, I actually had to SHOW then the itinerary of the arriving passenger. Later at the UC, the entry-agents tell me that they are going by what the front gate agents want to do.

I still don’t think this is the new policy (it really doesn’t make any sense), but hope that United will clearly give the correct United Club-Gate Pass policy to all agents soon.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 6:56 pm

ALL- Within the last month, gate passes for UA Club Members has changed to GG Checkpoint Line 65.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
MODS:

IMHO, this thread should be in the consolidated UA forum.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by anthstr
ALL- Within the last month, gate passes for UA Club Members has changed to GG Checkpoint Line 65.
I may be wrong, but I think the instructions for generating a gate pass are on/around line 65, while the eligibility for gate passes for UC members is still at 53.

In any event, just thought I'd mention that when I checked in at HNL last night, I recognized the agent as someone who has been helpful with obtaining gate passes in the past (e.g., no hassle). To my surprise, he greeted me with "Good evening. Aren't you the guy that usually asks for gate passes?". Ha! I really don't go THAT often - maybe he was just surprised I do in fact fly every once in a while. So, I said, "Yes, that's me. You know, the agents here have gotten really good about issuing gate passes here over the past few months - it used to be really difficult". To which he replied, "Yes, it's been addressed. You shouldn't have a problem any more". I like that someone took positive action to correct this, at least at HNL anyway. One item I can check off my list ^ Furthermore, I have to say the whole airport experience last night was very pleasant from the counter to the lounge to the gate. A noticeable and appreciated improvement. Mahalo HNL!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:52 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by Wx4caster
"Yes, it's been addressed. You shouldn't have a problem any more".
Yes! ^

I'm going to try tomorrow
Old Dec 24, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

got a UC gate pass last night at CLE.
No questions asked.
Took maybe 90 second
^^
Old Dec 30, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Billiken
got a UC gate pass last night at CLE.
No questions asked.
Took maybe 90 second
^^
I've made sure that they're all well trained in CLE
Old Dec 31, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
At IAH terminal C, proceed to the special servies area. One of the counters has a sign above it for gate passes. I have never had an agent there deny gate passes for my 2 UC guests although each time they insist on calling the UC to verify that members can bring two guests.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:49 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I got a gate pass at IAH Terminal E elite check-in last Saturday the 29th and other than it taking the agent two tries to get it to print out, no problems. This was about 2:30 in the afternoon and there was no wait at security nor to get into the club at E. Everyone was very fast on what many said was earlier a hectic travel day. Granted I was in military uniform, working, and waiting to meet people, but folks were nice. YMMV

Extra "spotter" bonus was seeing the LH 380 taxi past a UA 787 over in D
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA AA DL
Gate Pass at IAH T-B

I obtained a gate pass from a red coat at IAH Terminal B by Elite Access. That was around 8am on March 9th just couple weeks ago. The counters were very busy and it took just a bit longer to get the pass issued. I was under the impression the red coat may have difficulty finding the GG Checkpoint instruction.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA AA DL
IAH T-C Special Services

Originally Posted by Totoro
At IAH terminal C, proceed to the special servies area. One of the counters has a sign above it for gate passes. I have never had an agent there deny gate passes for my 2 UC guests although each time they insist on calling the UC to verify that members can bring two guests.
Where exactly is the Special Service area you mentioned at Terminal C?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The "Special Services" desk is definitely the place to go for this. At EWR I've yet to have an agent say anything at all negative in respnse to a gate pass request.

At EWR terminal C the desk is on the middle level next to the escalator that leads to the C1 checkpoint I have no idea where the desk is at IAH. I'd imagine pretty much any UA employee in the ticket counter/checkin areas would be able to direct you to the right place.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I was in a UC this week and asked the agent to let me look at the screen. The correct location is now - "GG CHECKPOINT LINE 65"

The wording is still the same - allows non-traveling UC members to get a gate pass to access the UC.

LINE 66 is now the location for US Airways Club members to get access to the UC.

If anyone knows the reciprocal arrangement with US - i.e., a way to get to a US Airways Club at an airport with no UC when not traveling, I would be interested in knowing.

(MODS note - thread title change??)
Old May 1, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I received some pushback from a UA agent at EWR (terminal A) regarding obtaining a gate pass for a friend who was joining me in the lounge prior to a flight. The agent initially balked because she indicated that the policy was only to issue gate passes to members, not their guests. I was somewhat persistent and the agent caved after a phone call to the club, but I was wondering... has anyone else encountered similar resistance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.