Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

GG CHECKPOINT line 65 (updated as of May 2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2010, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary

Do gate passes for PC members extend to RCC and US Club members?

TYIA

Last edited by J.Edward; Apr 25, 2013 at 1:10 pm
Old Oct 9, 2010, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I would imagine so. It used to be valid for DL CRC members back when they had access.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by colpuck
Do gate passes for PC members extend to RCC and US Club members?

TYIA
While it doesn't exactly answer your question, I've been using the PC gatepasses to go to the UA RCC club at MCO since long before the merger. Although over the past year I've had several agents look at me like I was speaking Klingon at first when I asked for a pass to go the lounge, only once did I encounter an extremely obstinate agent who didn't want to issue the pass, even after citing the rule. I actually just used it again tonight to use up some of my soon-to-be-defunct RCC drink chits, and in the process, learned that MCO's own aforementioned resident red-coat dragon lady will be retiring soon ^^.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Answered my own question tonight yes it is possible. The line says partner clubs.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: Flying Nut
I did get a pass once to use the DL Crown Room here at BNA. I didn't realize the wording had partner lounges in it. Interesting. That is most liekly left over from the Skyteam days as back then one was allowed in the club with no boarding card and this is the new way that US and UA allow entry.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Wx4caster
I actually just used it again tonight to use up some of my soon-to-be-defunct RCC drink chits,
I thought RCCs now offered complimentary alcoholic beverages.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
I thought RCCs now offered complimentary alcoholic beverages.
They have complimentary house wine and 1 draft beer. Everything else is $$. Chits are still good for premium beverages. I have read reports here that the coupons are good through 31Oct.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: United Gold
Gate Pass with PC membership in HNL?

I posted this question in the The Penalty Box thread earlier and someone responded with "GG Checkpoint line 53", which I then googled and followed to this thread. And since this thread is relatively new, I thought I'd ask here.

I was wondering if anyone has had actual experience with getting a gate pass with President's Club membership here in HNL?

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I posted this question in the The Penalty Box thread earlier and someone responded with "GG Checkpoint line 53", which I then googled and followed to this thread. And since this thread is relatively new, I thought I'd ask here.

I was wondering if anyone has had actual experience with getting a gate pass with President's Club membership here in HNL?

Thanks!

Yep. The agents with floral shirts are contracted and may not know about this rule (and even after I've cited it, they still called the PC to confirm) - but they'll eventually figure it out. The HNL PC agents are actual CO employees (supervisors) and are often found at the Elite check-in area, so see one of them if they're around (they'll be in gray coats)- they'll know the gatepass rule. They'll even stamp your gatepass with the "Gold Lane" stamp to speed you on your way through security if you ask
Old Oct 17, 2010, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Wx4caster
Yep. The agents with floral shirts are contracted and may not know about this rule (and even after I've cited it, they still called the PC to confirm) - but they'll eventually figure it out. The HNL PC agents are actual CO employees (supervisors) and are often found at the Elite check-in area, so see one of them if they're around (they'll be in gray coats)- they'll know the gatepass rule. They'll even stamp your gatepass with the "Gold Lane" stamp to speed you on your way through security if you ask
Thanks for the info!

I'm going to try this as soon as I get my membership card since it didn't come with my Presidential Plus credit card.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks for the info!

I'm going to try this as soon as I get my membership card since it didn't come with my Presidential Plus credit card.
The cards are always mailed separately. If you do not want to wait for the PC card to show up they should be able to look up that you have a membership on the computers based on your OnePass number without you actually presenting the card at the counter. But actually having the card will likely make it a touch easier.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 4:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sbm12
The cards are always mailed separately. If you do not want to wait for the PC card to show up they should be able to look up that you have a membership on the computers based on your OnePass number without you actually presenting the card at the counter. But actually having the card will likely make it a touch easier.
Also, if you have a flight through an airport with a PC you can always stop in at the PC desk and ask to have a temporary card printed.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:06 am

No more non-business gate passes

Looks like the days of unrestricted gate passes are coming to and end. Going forward it looks like you need to reserve a conference room ($60-$80/hour) in order to get gate passes. See this.

However, I bet at least one flyertalk member knows a way around this
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Looks like the days of unrestricted gate passes are coming to and end. Going forward it looks like you need to reserve a conference room ($60-$80/hour) in order to get gate passes. See this.

However, I bet at least one flyertalk member knows a way around this
I certainly hope this does not go into effect. I just used a gate pass yesterday and had no problem receiving one. This is a favorite benefit and I would hate to see it go under the guise of some new TSA prohibition.

TSA has no business concerning itself with whether a non-flying customer has reserved a conference room at an airport club. If a gate pass is issued, the holder is screened along with the rest of the people passing through the checkpoint. If they really had faith in their personnel and screening methods, this would be a nonissue.

I'd love to read the text of this new "regulation".
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by EWR764
I certainly hope this does not go into effect. I just used a gate pass yesterday and had no problem receiving one. This is a favorite benefit and I would hate to see it go under the guise of some new TSA prohibition.

TSA has no business concerning itself with whether a non-flying customer has reserved a conference room at an airport club. If a gate pass is issued, the holder is screened along with the rest of the people passing through the checkpoint. If they really had faith in their personnel and screening methods, this would be a nonissue.

I'd love to read the text of this new "regulation".
Is this even new?

UA's policy has always been not to allow gate passes for RCC (traditionally you even had to be flying UA or partner to use your paid membership, though that part has been relaxed).

CO has always allowed gate passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.