Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

GG CHECKPOINT line 65 (updated as of May 2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GG CHECKPOINT line 65 (updated as of May 2013)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: United Million Miler 1K, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by TXbizman
It is hit or miss at IAH - some agents are clueless and insisit that they had been working for CO for over 10 years and never heard of such a policy. Imagine their look when I mention GG Check Point 53 - they don't believe it and call for a sup to verify the code...

Best if you have PC # and have the agent call them - doesn't hurt that I know most of all PC agents. They will straighten out immediately.
I'd guess we have no issues about 80% of the time at IAH, but in the last 6 months or so it's started to become a big deal.

The first GA I spoke with today was adament that they "stopped doing this a long time ago."
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by njcommodore
That's only helpful at legacy PCs, legacy RCCs don't publish phone #s.
I have all PC club numbers programmed in my cell - they gave to me and recommeded that I call if I have issues like this. Or have the agent call the PC.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by Plus1
I'd guess we have no issues about 80% of the time at IAH, but in the last 6 months or so it's started to become a big deal.

The first GA I spoke with today was adament that they "stopped doing this a long time ago."
You mean check in agent, not GA, right? Again, have them call the PC or have then check GG checkpoint line 53 - always works for me when I present them with facts.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Just wanted to share a brief update here.

Apparently somewhere between lines 1 and 53, additional text has been added, so the club reference has been pushed downward, I believe to around line 64. -- I looked at it last night, and was tired, so my memory could be a bit off.

Should the agent claim he or she does not know how to issue a gate pass, have them reference GG GATE PASS. Have them scroll through the first three or four pages, and the command string will appear. -- After entering the string correctly, they will enter one's secure flight information, and then the pass should pop out.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: United Gold
Is it safe to assume that it will be official policy of the new United that gate passes will be issued to United Club members that are not flying that day? If so, someone should tell the staff at HNL because they keep insisting that they "don't do that", and I don't see why members have to spend hours of their own time educating United employees about their own policy.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by kwildnj
Just wanted to share a brief update here.

Apparently somewhere between lines 1 and 53, additional text has been added, so the club reference has been pushed downward, I believe to around line 64. -- I looked at it last night, and was tired, so my memory could be a bit off.

Should the agent claim he or she does not know how to issue a gate pass, have them reference GG GATE PASS. Have them scroll through the first three or four pages, and the command string will appear. -- After entering the string correctly, they will enter one's secure flight information, and then the pass should pop out.
It would be great if someone could take a screen shot/photo of the actual screen where this apprears. I sense that a TA without a specific location to look for may not be willing to scroll through other text looking for this. It would also be helpful to have the actual gate pass issuance command string, for the same reason.

Hope someone can get this.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
It would be great if someone could take a screen shot/photo of the actual screen where this apprears. I sense that a TA without a specific location to look for may not be willing to scroll through other text looking for this. It would also be helpful to have the actual gate pass issuance command string, for the same reason.
+1!

This is a great idea!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
+1!

This is a great idea!

The first two pages of the GG information are heavily marked as confidential information, protected by law, etc. I would caution against photographing it.

I cannot see a photograph being of much value, as there is no way to authenticate it. -- Things are ever changing. To get to the correct line, they need to just type G* enter, and it will move 5-10 lines at a time. Its not exactly difficult. And like I said, its somewhere between 53 and 64.

I will see if I can get the information tonight on the string, otherwise the 3rd page of GG GATE PASS has a fill-in template.
Old May 27, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
Is it safe to assume that it will be official policy of the new United that gate passes will be issued to United Club members that are not flying that day? If so, someone should tell the staff at HNL because they keep insisting that they "don't do that", and I don't see why members have to spend hours of their own time educating United employees about their own policy.
Almost three months after the integration the HNL agents are still clueless. I tried to do it Today with no luck in over 10 minutes at looking at the screen (they were very helpful though). I mentioned GG Checkpoint and agent couldn't find it. At the end, I gave up because the club was about to close anyway.
Old May 27, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Wink

Originally Posted by 1KHI
Almost three months after the integration the HNL agents are still clueless. I tried to do it Today with no luck in over 10 minutes at looking at the screen (they were very helpful though). I mentioned GG Checkpoint and agent couldn't find it. At the end, I gave up because the club was about to close anyway.
At least HNL tried, I was denied at IAD even after talking to a supervisor who brought up the old RCC rule of renting a conference room, etc.

Apparently HNL has been a hit and miss according to this other GG Checkpoint Line 53 thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...nt-mayhem.html
Old May 27, 2012, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by am1108
At least HNL tried, I was denied at IAD even after talking to a supervisor who brought up the old RCC rule of renting a conference room, etc.

Apparently HNL has been a hit and miss according to this other GG Checkpoint Line 53 thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...nt-mayhem.html
Clearly my mission to get the agents in HNL trained is not over yet It would be so bad if they were just not cognizant of the rules - the problem is, they're downright belligerent.
Old May 28, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
It would be great if a friendly GA would allow one of us to get a screenshot of the page with Line 53, which could then be posted here and printed out. It might help to hand a piece of paper to a recalcitrant GA.

I already carry a copy of the TSA page showing that a Global Entry card is valid ID at a TSA checkpoint; this would just be one more document.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
It would be great if a friendly GA would allow one of us to get a screenshot of the page with Line 53, which could then be posted here and printed out. It might help to hand a piece of paper to a recalcitrant GA.

I already carry a copy of the TSA page showing that a Global Entry card is valid ID at a TSA checkpoint; this would just be one more document.
But watch out, the TSA's then whip out a page of their own book that shows they can ask for more than one form of ID at the checkpoint.

Back to the line 53 stuff, it would be helpful for someone to post the current text of the line (along with the actual line number it's on if it has indeed shifted from 53.)
Old May 29, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
+1 It would be so nice to have a hard copy... but I think its copyrighted/protected as someone said in a different thread.
It seems a lot of agents are recalcitrant about many policies and procedures these days at UA.

Also I really don't understand why different airports have different "policies". If GG Line 53 provides access to the UC with club membership then they should honor that as most of us pay for the UC anyways whether its by miles, cash, or a credit card. Especially when your own reservation/computer terminal is showing you the rule, why are you trying to twist it into something that is not? Im pretty sure if UA did not want line 53 then it wouldn't have kept it after the merger.

Last edited by am1108; May 29, 2012 at 1:52 pm
Old May 29, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Just received an email response from [email protected] stating:
In order to access the lounges when you are not traveling, simply go to
the ticket counter, present your United Club card, and tell them that
you are visiting the lounge. The representative will be happy to issue
you a Gate Pass.
I plan on printing out this email and showing it to the next agent that says I need a conference room reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.