Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Tonight's flight: An annoying UAGS member & a vibrator...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tonight's flight: An annoying UAGS member & a vibrator...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Again, I'm not sure I agree with the sweeping nature of your statement.

Some UA GS's might (and do ) react like that. Others are perfectly gracious and humble.

It's not so different on CO, where you see a profound sense of entitlement from people who virtually take for granted the perk of FC upgrades and are deeply incensed when they theirs doesn't come through...
I did not mean to imply that every UA GS behaves that way. Certainly most are decent people and understand and recognize that treating FAs like servants is just plain

My point, as I said before, is that UA's voucher programs creates a sense of entitlement that would cause some to overreact when they do not get their water as quickly as they feel they should.

Wait? So you are Cookie Monster?

Excellent!
I am pretty vocal about my love of cookies.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by carvalh2
I did not mean to imply that every UA GS behaves that way. Certainly most are decent people and understand and recognize that treating FAs like servants is just plain

My point, as I said before, is that UA's voucher programs creates a sense of entitlement that would cause some to overreact when they do not get their water as quickly as they feel they should.
Well, it's all going to be one big happy family now, so I expect some pretty entertaining fireworks over the next few months...
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:32 pm

Well, it's all going to be one big happy family now, so I expect some pretty entertaining fireworks over the next few months...
Indeed we are. I am not one to love the brick, so I certainly hope the merge will improve things, but I am not expecting it.

It will be interesting to see if the new UA will keep the ticker tape parade of vouchers policy going? I certainly would be a few thousand richer just from broken DTVs.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed we are. I am not one to love the brick, so I certainly hope the merge will improve things, but I am not expecting it.

It will be interesting to see if the new UA will keep the ticker tape parade of vouchers policy going? I certainly would be a few thousand richer just from broken DTVs.
I believe that, since Smisek and co. will be running the show, you will see the vouchers go out the window very quickly.

As always, they will couch this initiative in positive terms, as is "we won't need vouchers because we will always have well-maintained planes, etc."

I know I'm a pessimist, but I expect to see a lowest-common denominator across the board in this merger, everything to lower the company's cost in the shortest possible time frame...

And that could likely include eliminating programs like GS entirely, and replacing it with the more streamlined CO model of elite tiers...
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Hopefully we can start a thread entitled something like 'Horror stories of flying with an entitled United GS/1K " or we'll clog the whole board with these Perhaps we could even 'sticky' it so all can find it easily in order to read them with disgust.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:05 pm

I believe that, since Smisek and co. will be running the show, you will see the vouchers go out the window very quickly.

As always, they will couch this initiative in positive terms, as is "we won't need vouchers because we will always have well-maintained planes, etc."

I know I'm a pessimist, but I expect to see a lowest-common denominator across the board in this merger, everything to lower the company's cost in the shortest possible time frame...

And that could likely include eliminating programs like GS entirely, and replacing it with the more streamlined CO model of elite tiers...
I tend to agree with you. I hope for the best, but expect the worst.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Renard
Hopefully we can start a thread entitled something like 'Horror stories of flying with an entitled United GS/1K " or we'll clog the whole board with these Perhaps we could even 'sticky' it so all can find it easily in order to read them with disgust.
Agreed, but only if we can merge it with the "Horror Stories of Flying with an Entitled CO OP Plat Who Somehow Missed What Would Have Been his 98th Consecutive Upgrade on L Fare and Had a Conniption About It."
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:18 pm

Ah, how I wish I were one of the "most professional men and women in the industry" (RAH RAH!) working that flight so I could have given her the choice of continuing her attitude and complaining to the ground staff as the flight left without her, or shutting up and taking the water and the crappy headphones and being happy with it.

And before you even start channa and other anti-CO, anti-crew apologists- nothing- not the fact that you are the customer, and certainly no amount of money you allegedly spend with the airline- gives you the right to treat me or my coworkers with such tackiness and disrespect.

Passengers have got to learn, and I take pride in putting my foot down and assisting them in that aspect.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter

Passengers have got to learn, and I take pride in putting my foot down and assisting them in that aspect.
Don't worry I'm with you on this one, I've been labeled a Channa Apologist lately but the foot is down on this one.

I honestly thought this was going to be a bleep bleep thread but then I saw IAHTraveler posted it and I trust him and his viewpoint on this one I am horrified to think about all these "self-impotent" GS passengers we have to endure on CO.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by usa18dca
I am horrified to think about all these "self-impotent" GS passengers we have to endure on CO.
Take a good look in the mirror and don't forget that, before you know it, you will be one of those UA GS's...since there will be no more CO.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:34 am

Take a good look in the mirror and don't forget that, before you know it, you will be one of those UA GS's...since there will be no more CO.
Oh I am so flattered but hey it'll say United on the plane but be CO in reality with the operating certificate and I'm not that to be a GS...Heck if I was a GS I'd be the new Mr. Pillows! except I'd demand Miguel_Far_East to be my personal assistant/Steward on every flight I fly...of course he'd work tourist class
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: UA 1K/COPlat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Platinum
slightly off topic, but i dont think that vibrator on the ground is designed for one's finger!

you should have taken one for the team, picked it up, and "accidentally" in turbulence fumbled it towards the UA GS member!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 5:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

PPlat was modeled after GS. No way it disappears.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 5:55 am

UA creates monsters like that. I hope she gets so upset that she ends up going to AAnother airline. What a douche.
Never been GS, but I've been at least UA Silver for most of 20 years (there was a three-year window where I did go to another, Better Airline), at least Gold for the last eight, and 1K a few times. But singing the praises of UA in response to some perceived service failing on another airline? I'm so far from that point, I can't even see it from where I'm standing.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by rggale
slightly off topic, but i dont think that vibrator on the ground is designed for one's finger!

you should have taken one for the team, picked it up, and "accidentally" in turbulence fumbled it towards the UA GS member!
Trojan markets one to women, mostly. I've seen the ads a few times. An older lady overhears some younger ladies talking about it, and says, "It's great", and winks at them. There is one that slides over the male member, and I think one for your finger, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.