Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Presidential Plus MasterCard and Presidents Club Membership Effective Dates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Hello Everyone,

1) As a new cardholder, do I get immediate club access with the card itself, or do I wait until the Presidents Club card arrives four to six weeks later?

2) Also, is the club membership renewal then based on the date you receive your club card or is it based on the cardmember anniversary date?

If it matters, I currently have no Chase credit products.

Thanks,

LAXPlat
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
You need the PC card. But your membership is active before the card arrives. You can go to any CO PC and they can look it up by OP number. And you can get them to print a temp membership card that works at partner clubs.

As for the renewal, since both are a year, it should roughly coincide with the card anniversary date. There's a bit of surplus on the PC side, IIRC, but for the most part, they're the same.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
PPMC and PC expiration dates

So, Channa, what happens if your PC membership expiration does NOT coincide with your PPMC renewal date? I got a 3 month PC extension last year because of all the snags in getting cards labeled *A yadda yadda. If I should plan NOT to renew my PPMC, is my PC membership still valid? If I renew my PPMC, will that void my 3 month extension? I have to make a decision this month.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you paid for your PClub membership apart from the PPMC I would expect that you'll keep the PClub date. If you had a PClub and 3 extra months and then dropped the paid PClub in favor of the membership tied to the PPMC I'd actually bet that you lose the PClub when the PPMC goes. Once you are using the PPMC for your PClub membership source that's what would define the validity, I think.

In other words, you aren't buying an annual PClub membership any more. You're getting it in conjunction with the PPMC annual fee. If that fee goes away so would the membership.

Just my thoughts on how it wold operate; I have no specific evidence in particular to base that on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.