Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by belynch
Morning box.

If any of the resident box winter lovers opens their mouth today they're liable to get a snowball in their pie hole. My front yard looks like the "great wall of Canada" with a solid 6' snow bank running down the entire length.

Even teh Canuck was complaining.
LET'S MAKE SNOW ANGELS.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:18 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trustguy
Time to head to airport. Looking forward to the snow.

19" in central park so there will be some left. Also a bit of snow forecast for both Sat and Sun
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mnmag
Wow -- your super must absolutely adore you!^
I'm not so sure he's smart enough to remember me. This is at least the 4th time I've introduced myself to him and he still asked who I was this morning when I went out there.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm not so sure he's smart enough to remember me. This is at least the 4th time I've introduced myself to him and he still asked who I was this morning when I went out there.
indeed! Well, you are a good samaritan, then!^
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
Double shot of NyQuil washed down with a beer followed by about 12 hours of sleep and you'll feel like a million bucks (or 100,000 ToD).
Today is much improved so far...

Originally Posted by Mtbroxs
Take some DayQuil and some NyQuil and it will be like Noon all day
LOL. ^

Originally Posted by ande777emt
Keep getting better CM.
Thanks. Fever is essentially gone (98.7) and now I'm just congested and in a little pain. I'll try to go to work tomorrow (11a-7p) and see if I can get through it.

Originally Posted by zippypinhead
Awwww, isn't that cute? CM is NyQuil posting...
Kinda like drunk posting only the giraffe is green instead of blue...

Glad to hear your feeling better.
Thank you, sir.

Originally Posted by Scott6067
Forget if I mentioned it before or not. UA has asked us to be more careful with compensation going forward. Guess the changes are happening.
Oh, the horror! No more oodles of money or miles for trivial complaints. Whatever will the entitled 1K population do?

Morning, Box.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Blessed are the snowbound, for they shall inherit teh
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Just got my Air Astana Nomad Club member newsletter....Valentine's Day sale of buy one, get one 99% off! Only $210 for Astana-Novosibirsk. Tempting.

Actually they have some very cool lines available. It is tempting, particularly with some of the fares. Putting together a ridiculous central Asia trip would be fun.
:-:
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Morning box.

If any of the resident box winter lovers opens their mouth today they're liable to get a snowball in their pie hole. My front yard looks like the "great wall of Canada" with a solid 6' snow bank running down the entire length.

Even teh Canuck was complaining.
I was in the Hoboken, had to dig our way out of house and walk to my car to dig that out as well. This all started around 630 AM, I just left there and the streets are packed with people waiting for the bus which until now was not running.
Route 3 was a complete , not really plowed. Now I am the only one in the office :-:
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
refund achieved, credit cards paid.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Originally Posted by mwg25
The idea is VERY high on my not-really-feasible-right-now list, and has been probably since said countries began existing independently.
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Why? It would have been on the INP list under Soviet control.
Well, I was 10 when the fifteen former Soviet republics were established. I DID know my European countries, capitals, and flags by then (thank you SAS sticker book, National Geographic atlas, and proactive mother) but I didn't know enough about the intricacies of the non-Russia parts of the USSR. Yet.

Reasons it's not happening this year or next year: the usual...money, time, travel priorities...you know, same old, same .

If any of the resident box winter lovers opens their mouth today they're liable to get a snowball in their pie hole.
HAHAHAHAHAHA AWESOME :-:

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Blessed are the snowbound, for they shall inherit teh
I know a bunch of people who would be all too happy to bless you and let you inherit their shoveling.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Just blew out something in my back coughing. So much for just a little pain remaining.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Good morning box. Time to bounce back to MKE land today.

Just got my Air Astana Nomad Club member newsletter....Valentine's Day sale of buy one, get one 99% off! Only $210 for Astana-Novosibirsk. Tempting.

Actually they have some very cool lines available. It is tempting, particularly with some of the fares. Putting together a ridiculous central Asia trip would be fun.
Hmm. Tempting. I think I found out how to use my DL Skypesos.

Originally Posted by photog72
Rejoice friends, today is BBQ Thursday and national chocolate cake day!
Awesome! National Chocolate Cake Day too.

Originally Posted by sdm1130
I'm seriously considering booking some flights (ORD-BRL-STL on a Cessna Caravan) on Air Choice One. What are the odds they are still in business in early April when I need to fly them?
They seem like a competent operation, but have a really ghetto looking setup by teh AA concourse at ORD.

Glad to hear you're feeling better CM!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
DelAAys likely.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Finally a bump.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Just blew out something in my back coughing. So much for just a little pain remaining.
Poor you! Sending healing energy your way!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.