Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gbryan84
Where are the pics? I thought you knew the rules by now
I wish I had some.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA and HH
End of year update

OnePass Number: gbryan84
Mileage Balance:365,040
System-wide Upgrades:1
OnePass Elite Level:Platinum
Star Alliance Elite Level:Gold
Year to Date Elite Miles:0
Year to Date Elite Points:0
Year to Date Revenue:$0.00
Flexible Elite Miles:3,000
Lifetime Flight Miles:305,288
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
First flight of the year done. I feel better now
Same here. Have another one coming up in 90 minutes.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by CO 1E
Have you been to the Philippines? It's nice, but not somewhere to which I would like to retire. Malaysia is a much better deal IMO.
Recon missions are always important (e.g., "my reasons for visiting Panama"). Anywhere that would allow me to teach an online university course from time-to-time while under a retiree visa without hassle is preferred.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Jesus. After reading the book, I hope there's a special place in hell waiting for all of those b@stards. Some of the most brutally repressive regimes since WWII, and largely glossed over by the mainstream American press.
There was a bit of consciousness about it when it was happening, especially in the American left. However at that time, as a result of their excesses in the '60s, not many were listening to the left and it did not penetrate as it should have. There was quite a good movie a while ago (maybe in the '80s) called "La Historia Oficial" made by some Argentines and there was also some folk music about los Desaparecidos.

Anybody who was generally well-informed knew that it was happening, maybe not to the extent that it was, but the policy up in the States was that the Junta was the devil that they preferred to deal with and the whole thing would blow over.

If you read O'Grady's column in today's WSJ, you will see a take from the right on some of the aspects of what was happening down there at that time and some of the current attitudes about it.

Last edited by monitor; Jan 3, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Um, so if you're not following me on Twitter or my friend on Facebook…

Apparently membership has its privileges at the DCA US Airways Club men's restroom if you're a man and woman who met at the club's bar and felt an instant attraction that needed urgent acting upon.

And as if walking in on them in the act in the restroom wasn't enough, watching her walk of shame down the aisle of an Airbus 319 to CLT after nearly missing the flight was absolutely epic.
WOW
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Um, so if you're not following me on Twitter or my friend on Facebook…

Apparently membership has its privileges at the DCA US Airways Club men's restroom if you're a man and woman who met at the club's bar and felt an instant attraction that needed urgent acting upon.

And as if walking in on them in the act in the restroom wasn't enough, watching her walk of shame down the aisle of an Airbus 319 to CLT after nearly missing the flight was absolutely epic.
I always thought that type of activity would be easier in the clubs with showers.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trustguy
I always thought that type of activity would be easier in the clubs with showers.
Yep. But US Club members don't really have that option.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Trustguy
Hmmmm. From this we can see that you have been thinking about it.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
I guess when people ask me how my flight on US was I can no longer respond with "I feel like I've been effed."
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would take the amorous couple in the DCA US Club over the political garbage on the TV in the CLT US Club anyday. :-:
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by monitor
Hmmmm. From this we can see that you have been thinking about it.
There was that Craigslist ad that got linked in here a few years ago concerning shower rooms at the IAH E PC.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by belynch
I guess when people ask me how my flight on US was I can no longer respond with "I feel like I've been effed."
Sure you can. It just requires hooking up at the bar in the lounge before your flight.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
I don't ask for much. Just a working Hilton website to make a reservation.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Sure you can. It just requires hooking up at the bar in the lounge before your flight.
Were you at DCA or Cinemax?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.