Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima Upgrade Changes – Eff. Jun. 1, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
UDU for IAH - LIM

Went the forum through and through and didn't really get a definete answer - is the IAH - LIM flight, operated by UA 763, eligable for a UDU?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rebech34
Went the forum through and through and didn't really get a definete answer - is the IAH - LIM flight, operated by UA 763, eligable for a UDU?
Yes. Just note that depending on loads, a UDU can be hard to come by.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
thank you!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Received UDU on both legs IAH-LIM and return

Hi. I was totally surprised to get UDU on both legs of this flight--June 2 and June 5. Granted it is a domestic 767 so no lie flat business seats--also no amenity kit either. But I was happy to have more run and the FAs both ways were great!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Yes. Just note that depending on loads, a UDU can be hard to come by.
+1...I thought the UDU on this route would be like UA's Hawaii routes...very elite light and one of the easier UDUs in the system...this is not the case anymore....I had no chance and was content with E+....I will say that if it was a true C class plane (with lie flat seats), not getting the UDU would be more painful but when you leave around midnight and get to IAH in the early morning, it's not that bad.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Surprised that IAH-LIM with C34 would be hard to get an upgrade. I thankfully never had a problem when it was a 757 with C16.

LIM-EWR last night on a 757 with lie-flat. Seat were at an angle so space seemed less than AA's Intl 757 with "angled" lie flat. But since fully flat, slept like a baby and found them more comfortable than LAN J.

Also, as usual, J full of non-rev and friends of non-rev.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Just flew lim-iah in the UA 763. Food was mediocre but edible. Entree choice between chicken and fish. Salad. Piece of candy for dessert. There were menus. The meal was rather 'large' for a flight leaving at midnight. I guess I figured it would be some kind of a 'deli plate' for a late departing flight. Service was good but not remarkable.

Pillow and blanket like normal UA international C ^. I found the window seat next to someone I was not traveling with to be very confining but I don't care for window seats in general.

Overall a great UDU. A decent use of a CR1. SWU...yea no.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Renard
Just flew lim-iah in the UA 763. Food was mediocre but edible. Entree choice between chicken and fish. Salad. Piece of candy for dessert. There were menus. The meal was rather 'large' for a flight leaving at midnight. I guess I figured it would be some kind of a 'deli plate' for a late departing flight. Service was good but not remarkable.

Pillow and blanket like normal UA international C ^. I found the window seat next to someone I was not traveling with to be very confining but I don't care for window seats in general.

Overall a great UDU. A decent use of a CR1. SWU...yea no.
Speaking from one whose UDU did not clear, E+ still gets a full Y hot dinner service and a muffin ("snack") prior to arrival at IAH so not TOO much different than F since the in flight entertainment is the same and the F seats on the ghetto bird are pretty narrow...it's one upgrade you don't feel *too* bad about when it doesn't clear since I've found little difference sitting on the two seat side in E+ vs. the two seat side in F.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:08 am

Programs: UA 1K
After the June 15 award changes, continental.com now charges 20,000 miles + $125 to upgrade EWR-LIM as a OnePass reward upgrade on a V fare, which matches exactly the price listed at the new award chart, http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...wards_2011.pdf.

Interestingly, the interactive award viewer at http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...ardTravel.aspx says that the fee should be 20k + $125 "(waived for elite members"). The fine print in the new award chart PDF says that "Elite members are exempt from the co-pay for flights ... from U.S.49/Canada to Hawaii/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean/Northern South America (except for BusinessFirst markets)".

So I guess LIM is being considered a BusinessFirst market where the copay is $125.

I wish everyone the best of luck discussing this with the next phone agent who insists the copay is $300+ as with upgrade awards to EZE, BCN, NRT
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Sorry to reopen this thread, figured I'd put it in here first before posting anew.

WHAT is the aircraft on this route? It SHOWS first class on the seat map, but appears to only offer Business class. What sort of seating is it? I'm looking to burn some miles, SFO to IAH to LIM RT, for the extra 60K it costs for First? Business, might be worth it not have to have be in Y for the IAH-LIM legs, which appear to be about 6.5-7 hours only.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
It's domestic F marketed as international business.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
why

Originally Posted by Antipode
It's domestic F marketed as international business.
but, why would they market and book it as business/first, when the cabin is clearly a NA First? Is that because they want to be able to offer a lower price point or award ticket in that market, but don't service it with a true business? I think the EWR to LIM flight actually HAS a business offering, is the objective to harmonize sales from NA to Peru, but simply service with different planes?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
I believe they changed all interntional flights with domestic F offerings to United Business (not to be confused with United BusinessFirst which actually is an international business class). I think it's just to harmonize more with the competition which markets similar 2-class products as business instead of first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.