Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else like BF 764 middle seats?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2009, 5:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mauld
Be aware, be VERY AWARE, that now that we are part of the Star Alliance, many of those members do offer 'middle seats' in Business Class-- as in a real middle seat ie: xx-xxx-xx LH is a prime example of a Business Class middle seat being offered, and yes, they do sit people in them!! In that regard, you will also find very 'small' coach seats on European flights. These are 'middle' seats that are half sized and not usualy used, except if the flight is full. I've seen an adult large sized person, trying to sit in one of those half sized seats on SAS and other intra Europe flights.
Very true. United is 2-3-2 right now on its 777 in J and 2-4-2 (!) on it's 747s in J.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Love 'em... in my book the best one is 6D. You get the extra-special attention from the rear BF galley, without being too close to the galley and the lav.

Agreed the 764's need AVOD.

Probably the best layout on the 767's are the airlines that have the 1-2-2 layout in J. That solo window seat is the ultimate.
I have 2d right now going out and 6d coming back. But I'm thinking of maybe taking 6d going out too... But I guess a solo window sear would be better
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Phillies
I have 2d right now going out and 6d coming back. But I'm thinking of maybe taking 6d going out too... But I guess a solo window sear would be better
My vote is 6D all the way, although 2D is a great seat, too.

As far as the solo window seat in J, you will find it on a number of foreign carriers (incl. AC), but I believe DL is the only one that has it among U.S. carriers, on their 764ER.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 3:11 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
My vote is 6D all the way, although 2D is a great seat, too.

As far as the solo window seat in J, you will find it on a number of foreign carriers (incl. AC), but I believe DL is the only one that has it among U.S. carriers, on their 764ER.
+1

6D is the best seat hands down if flying solo.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:28 pm

Thank you everyone.
I just moved my seats to 6B for EWR-GVA-EWR in a few weeks. I'm flying alone; I'll probably like it.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Absolutely love the middle seat. In August my family and I went EWR-HNL-EWR and there were 5 of us we took 3 middle and 3AB. Agree with the others 6D is the best, being serviced from the back of the first cabin has a nice feeling to it. Its odd but you really do feel the difference.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Weez_1000
...being serviced from the back of the first cabin has a nice feeling to it. Its odd but you really do feel the difference.
You should try flying in F in the nose of a 747, a la SQ or TG. VERY nice.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon
You should try flying in F in the nose of a 747, a la SQ or TG. VERY nice.
Flying first on SQ is on my list of things to do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.