Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Presidential Plus + President's Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental Presidential Plus + President's Club

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2009, 6:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mnmag
I've had CO agents mention baggage fees at the kiosks -- and I am a primary PP MC holder who charges all my tkts to that card! So, I'm not sure it's obvious to the agents!
Your statement doesn't make sense. You're a CO Gold so you have a waiver of baggage fees. Surely, the CO agent was able to see that you were CO Gold regardless of whether you had a PP MC or not.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 7:11 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by mnmag
I've had CO agents mention baggage fees at the kiosks -- and I am a primary PP MC holder who charges all my tkts to that card! So, I'm not sure it's obvious to the agents!
Originally Posted by controller1
Your statement doesn't make sense. You're a CO Gold so you have a waiver of baggage fees. Surely, the CO agent was able to see that you were CO Gold regardless of whether you had a PP MC or not.
Agreed. It doesn't make sense. What does "mention baggage fees" mean, anyway? Mention!? What could they have mentioned? Did they want you to pay the fee or not? Mention!? Nonsense. Was your OP number in your reservation? If it were, they'd've known your baggage fee is waived.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
I had no elite status as recently as Oct. -- so it was indeed an issue!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by RNE
Agreed. It doesn't make sense. What does "mention baggage fees" mean, anyway? Mention!? What could they have mentioned? Did they want you to pay the fee or not? Mention!? Nonsense. Was your OP number in your reservation? If it were, they'd've known your baggage fee is waived.
This is commentary on the quality of service I've received from CO agents at the kiosks! I am able to set them straight!
Old Dec 6, 2009, 2:19 pm
RNE

DEC 6: CO E-Mails Me:
"Hello again, Mr. RNE. Funds cannot be deposited into an expired account. That's why I brought it to your attention."

DEC 6: My E-Mail to CO:
"Nowhere does the offer state 'Funds cannot be deposited into an expired account.' In fact, the offer states 'we'll open a TravelBank account in your name and deposit $150 in it.' Are you saying I have to renew my membership for $25.00 just to receive the $150.00 I am owed? This is preposterous. Explain yourself, please. Here are the pertinent terms of your offer:

We invite you to discover the Continental Airlines Presidential PlusSMWorld MasterCard® and get $150 off your next flight.1 With this exclusive offer for new cardmembers, when you're approved, we'll open a TravelBank account in your name and deposit $150 in it. The $150 credit will appear on your My Account page at continental.com. You can use it on any flight booked at continental.com.

Get $150 off your next flight when you apply for the card by Jan. 31, 2010.

1. TRAVELBANK: You will receive a $150 travel credit with this offer. You will qualify for and receive your credit after you are approved for the Continental Airlines Presidential PlusSM World MasterCard. If you already have a TravelBank account, the $150 travel credit will be added to your existing account. After qualifying, please allow two to three weeks for the travel credit to be deposited into your TravelBank account at continental.com. Credit can be used when booking Continental flights at continental.com (excluding reward travel). This one-time offer is valid only for first-time Continental Airlines personal cardmembers with new accounts. Existing Continental Airlines personal cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this offer. Chase Bank USA, N.A. not responsible for offer fulfillment.
"
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:10 pm
RNE

DEC 07: CO's E-Mail to Me
"Good Morning, Mr. RNE. As you note: With this exclusive offer for new cardmembers, when you're approved, we'll open a TravelBank account in your name and deposit $150 in it. You already have an account...but it's expired. The system cannot set up a duplicate account under your OnePass number."

At this point, I'm tired of playing their game. Clearly, Customer Service is not interested in assisting me. They could reactivate the account for me. There is no requirement for me to spend $25 to reactivate an expired account (see terms below).

TRAVELBANK: You will receive a $150 travel credit with this offer. You will qualify for and receive your credit after you are approved for the Continental Airlines Presidential PlusSM World MasterCard. If you already have a TravelBank account, the $150 travel credit will be added to your existing account. After qualifying, please allow two to three weeks for the travel credit to be deposited into your TravelBank account at continental.com. Credit can be used when booking Continental flights at continental.com (excluding reward travel). This one-time offer is valid only for first-time Continental Airlines personal cardmembers with new accounts. Existing Continental Airlines personal cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this offer. Chase Bank USA, N.A. not responsible for offer fulfillment.

Three weeks have now passed and there is no $150 in my TravelBank. I'll try Scott and see if he can help. I don't think anyone can say I didn't first try to resolve this matter through normal channels.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RNE
DEC 07: CO's E-Mail to Me
"Good Morning, Mr. RNE. As you note: With this exclusive offer for new cardmembers, when you're approved, we'll open a TravelBank account in your name and deposit $150 in it. You already have an account...but it's expired. The system cannot set up a duplicate account under your OnePass number."

At this point, I'm tired of playing their game. Clearly, Customer Service is not interested in assisting me. They could reactivate the account for me. There is no requirement for me to spend $25 to reactivate an expired account (see terms below).

TRAVELBANK: You will receive a $150 travel credit with this offer. You will qualify for and receive your credit after you are approved for the Continental Airlines Presidential PlusSM World MasterCard. If you already have a TravelBank account, the $150 travel credit will be added to your existing account. After qualifying, please allow two to three weeks for the travel credit to be deposited into your TravelBank account at continental.com. Credit can be used when booking Continental flights at continental.com (excluding reward travel). This one-time offer is valid only for first-time Continental Airlines personal cardmembers with new accounts. Existing Continental Airlines personal cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this offer. Chase Bank USA, N.A. not responsible for offer fulfillment.

Three weeks have now passed and there is no $150 in my TravelBank. I'll try Scott and see if he can help. I don't think anyone can say I didn't first try to resolve this matter through normal channels.
I know from other posts that you tend to be big on principles, but if you are going to purchase five tickets from CO within the next 12 months, why don't you just go ahead and reactivate for the $25?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:46 pm
RNE

I know from other posts that you tend to be big on principles, but if you are going to purchase five tickets from CO within the next 12 months, why don't you just go ahead and reactivate for the $25?
I can't fault your reasoning, but because I purchased only eight tickets in 2009 (and two of those are for a trip in 2010) it's far from certain I will book five tickets in the next 12 months. Worse, I'm still not getting an A-OK from CO on the $150. If you read their e-mails carefully, they never come right out and say Yes, RNE, you will receive $150. Instead, they coyly retort that they can't put it into an expired account. This seems to be setting me up for a worst case scenario. To wit, rejoining only to then discover they're not giving me the $150! I'm not about to draw to that inside straight. No siree, Bob!

Last edited by RNE; Dec 7, 2009 at 7:51 pm
Old Dec 8, 2009, 4:04 pm
RNE

I Win!

TravelBank Current Balance: $150.00 ^ And I didn't have to reactivate it.

Never heard back from CO Insider, so I'm not sure if his helping hand is behind this sudden victory, but what matters is I win! Natch.

You may now shower me with congratulatory praises.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.