FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Ask UA Insider: Star Alliance Announcements & Discussions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1010428-ask-ua-insider-star-alliance-announcements-discussions.html)

CLEHillbilly Dec 14, 2009 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by smartinez (Post 12963240)
Looks like we all get a chance to put our rusty "upgrade-flirt" skills to work once again! I, for one, look forward to the challenge. :p

I got E+ 1.5 weeks ago with out any flirt, especially considering the GA was a guy. CO had a flight go Mechanical on us and they promised to fly in a new plane. I immediately figured this was going to be canceled at some point since it was 8PM already, I called the "so called" elite line. First agent was a waste and I hung up to call back, second agent agreed with me and threw me on a UA flight departing 50 minutes later. At the gate i told the agent CO transferred me over and he said the flight is wide open and got me a seat. I started to walk away and noticed it was a window but preferred an aisle, could he help. He did but right after giving me the ticket took it back and said he could do better....An empty E+ row is what I ended up with. Funny thing was my UA BP showed no *G, I could have asked him to add it but I just figured he has done allot for me already, i will chase it up later for the miles. At boarding I boarded with *G just showing him my CO Plat Card.

Both UA flights I have had since *A have been great, both in E+ (I paid 24USD for one to UG to E+). Good Service, Channel 9!!!!!, and on time bags and dep/arr.

rolov Dec 27, 2009 11:04 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 12972362)
CO has NOT changed their rules regarding CO *Gs accessing PCs. It simply hasn't happened.

I think he was referring to the PC member having to show a *A INTL same day bp for other star lounges not the PC.

rolov Dec 27, 2009 11:34 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 12966617)
Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone who already have been able to provide Turkish Airlines and the number accepted in the system?

I have a flight coming up and calling their reservation center to include this number proved to be futile.. they informed that they system is still not able yet to accept CO FF numbers.

Thanks..

:)

Dec 25th - update my mom's CO number was not accepted. 2 different agents tried to manually enter it in the TK system and the machine gave an "Invalid number error"

emcsweeney Dec 30, 2009 5:50 pm

seat selection on UA operated flights puchased at co.com?

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 12943869)
I recommend asking if there is a "better seat" or "something closer to the front" rather than outright suggesting E+ for free. It seems to work better for me that way though I may just be imagining things.

Here's the official announcement, FWIW: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12833185-post6.html.

I looked everywhere and couldn't seem to find an answer to this simple question: are we allowed to select any seat (not E+) on a UA operated flight purchased at co.com? I did this yesterday and was allowed to choose my seats (so it appeared), but they never appeared on my reservation. So I went back in to try make the change, and again it appeared to assign them, but still no show. The strange part is that when I went back, it did coincidentally show the seats I had just chosen as occupied, which seemed strange since they were isolated by themselves.

So before posting this I called the elite desk to ask and was told that I should have been able to select my seats, and was transferred to "The Alliance" desk for help to do it, where I was told no that is not the case, and that I would have to call UA and have them do it. Not sure who to believe, I called back to the elite desk and was told no, we are not allowed to do so.

I guess I just missed this and I am a little surprised by it, as I thought it would be different than selecting seats with other partners. The funny part was the woman I talked to the second time admitted they're trying to figure it all out too.

OnePassenger Jan 3, 2010 10:33 am

Originally Posted by rolov (Post 13061719)
Dec 25th - update my mom's CO number was not accepted. 2 different agents tried to manually enter it in the TK system and the machine gave an "Invalid number error"

Same here. Flew GVA-IST-DEL on 9th December 2009 and returned 14th December. In Geneva, Istanbul and Delhi no one at TK was able to enter my OnePass number. Submitted the BPs to Continental for their attention and my deserved mileage crediting. (BTW: Have flown GVA-Munich-GVA since, on LH, and no prob there)

sbm12 Jan 3, 2010 10:35 am

Originally Posted by emcsweeney (Post 13083094)
I looked everywhere and couldn't seem to find an answer to this simple question: are we allowed to select any seat (not E+) on a UA operated flight purchased at co.com?

To the best of my knowledge this doesn't work via co.com yet. You can try .bomb (aka ua.com) or just call their ICC and get a seat assignment.

Ken-NJ Jan 3, 2010 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 12943453)
Not until Q2 2010 some time. Until then you have to pay or grovel.

What about Priority Boarding? Is that a Q210 thing also? How does UA know that I'm *A Gold via CO?

TIA

Ken

sbm12 Jan 3, 2010 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ken-NJ (Post 13103182)
What about Priority Boarding? Is that a Q210 thing also? How does UA know that I'm *A Gold via CO?

TIA

Ken

Priority boarding for *G is available today. You do not get to use the red carpet; that is reserved for UA *Gs and F pax. But you can board in the first call after that. Assuming your OP number is correctly loaded in the reservation your BP should have the CO*G notation on it.

jhtraveller Jan 3, 2010 3:11 pm

Instant upgrades on CO within window?

It seems that many of the changes CO has done lately are designed in response to benefits provided by DL. How about the availability of instant upgrades when booking a flight within the 5 day window for Platinums, and other Elites? When booking, the immediate availability of an upgrade is clearly displayed and instantly confirmed. This makes the flight selection process much easier, as this element of the booking is known up front. With CO, while upgrade chances for Platinums are good, it is never a sure thing and a lot can change between the booking time and the upgrade time, which seems to be daily, at exactly 24 hour intervals starting 5 days prior to the the flight departure time. The addition of this feature, coupled with CO's fine service, would make it the perfect program. Maybe CO Insider could comment on this.

sbm12 Jan 5, 2010 5:51 am

Originally Posted by rolov (Post 13061719)

As part of being sortof stranded in IST on December 30th I ended up buying new revenue tickets on TK to get to BCN. I chose to credit mine to BD and my wife's to CO. I didn't have a lot of time to deal with the issue as we were rather late for the flight (so the agent told us, in reality we had plenty of time) but I gave the woman I had been dealing with all day my number and my wife's. I just checked this morning now that we're home and the TK flight credited correctly to my wife's account. I don't know what they did at that point to get the accounts in the reservations and I never had a BP with the number printed on it but the TK flight credited rather promptly to my wife's CO account.

So either something changed in the 5 days between our flights or there is something out there that the TK agents can do to make it happen.

plon Jan 6, 2010 8:45 am

I searched but didn't seem to find anything. Do *G members have access to the 'Elite' seats on CO flights? I have an upcoming flight with no open seats but those, and when i called CO the representative to check, he said 'if you're not assigned a seat when you make your reservation, you cant make changes till OLCI opens...'

Thanks

snod08 Jan 6, 2010 8:53 am

Originally Posted by plon (Post 13123881)
I searched but didn't seem to find anything. Do *G members have access to the 'Elite' seats on CO flights? I have an upcoming flight with no open seats but those, and when i called CO the representative to check, he said 'if you're not assigned a seat when you make your reservation, you cant make changes till OLCI opens...'

Thanks

*G members generally dont have access to CO Elite seats. However, UA elites have reported getting these seats.
Anyone has access to these elite seats at T-24 during OLCI (whether one is Elite or not).

Renard Jan 6, 2010 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 13103800)
Priority boarding for *G is available today. You do not get to use the red carpet; that is reserved for UA *Gs and F pax. But you can board in the first call after that. Assuming your OP number is correctly loaded in the reservation your BP should have the CO*G notation on it.

Only UA UGS and 1K as well as any C/F customers get to walk the red carpet. UA 1P (Star Gold) can't walk the red carpet unless they're in C or F. After the UGS/1K & C/F boarding, then Premier Exec (1P) and Star Gold can board through the economy lane... and other elites 2P,3P and Star Silver board next with Group 1.

Flashyphotos Jan 14, 2010 9:01 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 13123931)
*G members generally dont have access to CO Elite seats. However, UA elites have reported getting these seats.
Anyone has access to these elite seats at T-24 during OLCI (whether one is Elite or not).

MRSF was booked on a UK-US Run CO FLlight is on a BD *A Silver Card (Flight is in 3 weeks time)

That automatically booked seats 19D on a 777 and 11C on 737 - Both of those were marked as "Premium" so assumed it was the *S Card that allowed that booking (Booking and seat assignments were made online through CO Website, not an agent)

toby182 Jan 22, 2010 10:44 am

upgrade on UA PS transcons using miles

i've searched but can't find any info on this. as a CO plat i would like to miles to upgrade from UA E or E+ into biz class at booking on their transcon JFK-LAX/SFO PS flights. Is this possible? thx