FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Ask UA Insider: Star Alliance Announcements & Discussions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1010428-ask-ua-insider-star-alliance-announcements-discussions.html)

transportbiz Nov 24, 2009 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 12869844)
I got priority boarding on US as *G.
I checked-in at the airport, and the TA handed me a BP with Zone-1.

You mean as in "Red Carpet" for UA?

Exactly, but also LH, LX and etc.

On SkyTeam, these "elite" boarding lines were available on AF and KL (maybe others too, but AF and KL I know for sure).

transportbiz Nov 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 12870635)
That is not part of the *G priority boarding benefit. You use the regular carpet/line on UA but your group is called before general boarding.

That's a real step backward then in terms of alliance "benefits" IMO.

Are UA "elites" invited to use the "blue carpet"?

sbm12 Nov 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by transportbiz (Post 12873928)

Yes, all partner elites get to use the eliteAccess carpet. The implementation of the benefit that UA chose is in line with the *A requirements. Apparently CO likes all elites while UA only cares about 1K/GS and F passengres. Such is life.

channa Nov 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by transportbiz (Post 12873928)

How is it a step back? You get Zone 1 boarding, just not access via the Red Carpet. Zone 1 on UA is Premier Exec, Premier, and Star Gold.

In fact, if you want to gate lice it, you can line up on the regular line during 1K/GS/F boarding.

So on CO, the first boarding group called is F, followed by Elites (including partner *G).

On UA, the first boarding group called is F/GS/1K, followed by Elites (including partner *G).

A partner *G in Y boards in the second group regardless. The difference is which lane you go through.

transportbiz Nov 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 12874506)
How is it a step back? You get Zone 1 boarding, just not access via the Red Carpet. Zone 1 on UA is Premier Exec, Premier, and Star Gold.

In fact, if you want to gate lice it, you can line up on the regular line during 1K/GS/F boarding.

So on CO, the first boarding group called is F, followed by Elites (including partner *G).

On UA, the first boarding group called is F/GS/1K, followed by Elites (including partner *G).

A partner *G in Y boards in the second group regardless. The difference is which lane you go through.

Yes that is indeed the difference. And unless United passengers are somehow different than all other passengers in the world, there is a crowd of people queued up before their zone is called. That's why I like using the elite access line. Also with a separate line, I can board at my leisure at any time during the boarding process. So there is a difference... otherwise elite access wouldn't exist.

Spinky Nov 24, 2009 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 12838374)
I have seen this discussed, but have not seen anything from CO Insider about it.

1. Are there any plans to provide free drinks to PC Members who are visiting a RCC?
Thanks for your reply, CO Insider!

I have asked this many times but can't get a answer, how about it CO Insider, can you say anything before you start losing PC members? I'm getting tire of asking the question but you do not response because of contracts or whatever but when my membership is up I have to do what is right for me and my travel.

Renard Nov 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 12870618)
We could as of 27 October. I've got one booked right now.

Is there a particular partner you are having trouble with?

I mean online. When can we book international F class online? I believe we can only book international C/BF and Y right now online.

bocastephen Nov 24, 2009 10:09 pm

Are UA customers able to use their miles to upgrade CO flights at this time? I thought that was not possible until reciprocity, unless they are buying full Y.

andrew Nov 24, 2009 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 12871787)
Only on CO flights, not on partners.

Thank you - so CO have special check-in for pres C and any baggage preferentials ?
Rgds Andrew

sbm12 Nov 25, 2009 6:47 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 12876667)
Are UA customers able to use their miles to upgrade CO flights at this time? I thought that was not possible until reciprocity, unless they are buying full Y.

Y or B fares can be upgraded on a segment-by-segment basis through the *A upgrade program. No word on whether a more lenient/customer-friendly upgrade scheme will be coming around similar to the old CO/NW one.

Originally Posted by Spinky (Post 12876442)
I have asked this many times but can't get a answer, how about it CO Insider, can you say anything before you start losing PC members? I'm getting tire of asking the question but you do not response because of contracts or whatever but when my membership is up I have to do what is right for me and my travel.

Sorry, but I don't get how this changes your decision to renew a PC membership. As of now the answer is clearly no, there are no free drinks in RCCs for PC members.

Originally Posted by andrew (Post 12876968)
Thank you - so CO have special check-in for pres C and any baggage preferentials ?
Rgds Andrew

You just use the eliteAccess line and get those benefits when checking in for a CO-operated flight. With partners you're just a regular shmoe.

Kalboz Nov 25, 2009 7:35 am

OT

I have 133K CO miles. Where can I go with what kind of ticket? My prefrence is SE Asia but Europe, Mexico & S. America are good too.

I also have about 40K UA miles. Can these two be pooled together to get a better seat award?

iwillflytheworld Nov 25, 2009 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz (Post 12878103)
I have 133K CO miles. Where can I go with what kind of ticket? My prefrence is SE Asia but Europe, Mexico & S. America are good too.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US..._20091027c.pdf

Originally Posted by Kalboz (Post 12878103)
I also have about 40K UA miles. Can these two be pooled together to get a better seat award?

Not possible, sorry.

bocastephen Nov 25, 2009 10:20 am

Although the posters might be trying to troll, there are still multiple reports of UA 1k/GS being pre-assigned premium and exit row seats on our flights present day, well ahead of the reciprocity arrangement that is suppose to permit that later in 2010.

Again, I understand it's not management's most important issue right now - but those 4 key exit row seats are the only remaining true benefit Continental's own Elites have when traveling in Y.

So I need to ask again that CO management makes sure its agents do not permit UA, US or *G elites to pre-select premium/exit row seats outside of the 24 OLCI period. This is really impacting the experience for CO's own Plats and Golds, and I see it on flights that I'm in the process of booking for next week and beyond.

I would also ask that CO reconsider the portion of the reciprocity arrangement that permits UA elites to pre-reserve exit rows on CO.

sjefenole Nov 26, 2009 1:12 pm

Booking Class on code share

Hi, I'm not sure if CO is gonna work the same as other *A carriers, but normally with code shares, you get miles based on operating carrier. So if I buy a UA Z ticket with a domestic leg on CO metal it shows UA A class. What does that correspond to on CO?

Is there a FAQ for these things related to CO code shares?

snod08 Nov 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by transportbiz (Post 12874889)
Yes that is indeed the difference. And unless United passengers are somehow different than all other passengers in the world, there is a crowd of people queued up before their zone is called. That's why I like using the elite access line. Also with a separate line, I can board at my leisure at any time during the boarding process. So there is a difference... otherwise elite access wouldn't exist.

This is definitely an important thought transportbiz.