Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk postcard project: send wishes to a friend for her high school diploma

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2009, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Let's really confuse her.

Last year I saw Lorin Maazel's opera, 1984, at La Scala. While there, I picked up a beautiful 170 page book with the complete libretto (in English and Italian), summaries of the story in several different languages, the histories of both George Orwell's book and of La Scala itself, and numerous pictures.

If you think she would like it, send me her address and I will put it in an envelope with an Israeli postcard, throw on lots of Israeli stamps, and mail it out to her. Getting a La Scala souvenir from Israel should keep her wondering what is happening.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster
Let's really confuse her.
...Getting a La Scala souvenir from Israel should keep her wondering what is happening.
ygpm ^
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by chrissxb
Write in english, french german or any other language ...
The La Scala book, complete with a Jerusalem postcard, was sent out today.

The envelope has 6 different Israeli stamps on it as well as an Israel "Airmail" sticker.

I wrote to her in English as I have no idea of how to speak "French German". Is it anything like Swiss German?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
Sure I'll send a postcard... please PM me the address. Cheers!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Happy to help. I can do Canadian stamps right away, but if you want we can be a bit creative and do this as well. PM me.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm in, too.
PM me and I'll send her a postcard/stamp from MAR, Tierra del Sol Amada.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 2:49 pm

Chris, do you know if she has started receiving any postcards yet and, if so, what her reaction is?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 3:59 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by JerseyVics
--Russ

PS. Does anyone know if you can send a post card from London Heathrow? I'd like to fire one away as I'm flying to France to meet my cousin for the first time and thought it would be real goofy if I send her one from the airport... it would obviously arrive after I've met her already, but still cool.
I've dropped postcards into a mailbox just after going into security at Heathrow. I also once asked a UA Gate Agent at Heathrow if she would be passing a mailbox and would she mind dropping some (stamped) postcards for me. She very nicely said "of course!" The postcards she mailed reached the US West Coast the next day. I was most impressed!

chrissxb: Please PM me the address.

Last edited by youreadyfreddie; Aug 3, 2009 at 4:08 pm
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Chris, do you know if she has started receiving any postcards yet and, if so, what her reaction is?
I am in southern france right now, her mom told me the first things did arrive. thanks, but I didn't get any news as to her reaction. I'll keep you posted

Originally Posted by youreadyfreddie

chrissxb: Please PM me the address.
ygpm
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:26 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Note to self (and possibly others): Bring the recipient’s address with you when travelling... I would have had a rare and unique postmark if I have brought along the address...
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by chrissxb
I am in southern france right now
I try to avoid Southern France. Although the cities are very Nice, I prefer fresh movies and the only kind I could fine there were in Cannes.

Moreover, my UIG (Used Italian Girlfriend) was very unhappy when we stopped in Monaco. She had long wanted to see the Grand Prix but was disappointed to find out it is pronounced "Pree".
Old Aug 12, 2009, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just received the following email:

Bonjour, merci pour toutes les cartes postales que j'ai reçues de tous les pays. C'est vraiment super!
I guess she found out about me being behind that postcard project. thanks for all the postcards you sent so far - keep them coming ^
Old Aug 12, 2009, 8:02 am

Glad I stumbled on this thread. PM me with the addy and she'll be getting another one from somewhere in the Benelux.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kuroneko
Glad I stumbled on this thread. PM me with the addy and she'll be getting another one from somewhere in the Benelux.
ygpm
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

thank you!!! a whole load of postcards arrived so far ... ^

keep them coming

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.