Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk postcard project: send wishes to a friend for her high school diploma

FlyerTalk postcard project: send wishes to a friend for her high school diploma

Old Jul 18, 09, 6:40 am
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SXB/MLH
Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Posts: 15,756
FlyerTalk postcard project: send wishes to a friend for her high school diploma

Hello, I'd like to start another postcard project and need some help from the FlyerTalk community:

A long time friend's daughter just got her high school diploma. She's 18 years old and will study Biology at Le Mans university, France. Her hobby is collecting stamps from all over the world and that's where I could need some help from the FlyerTalk community:

Please send her picture postcards from fancy places and put some nice stamps on it. It really made her day when I gave her a Trinidad and Tobago stamp, a FlyerTalker sent me recently ... she'll be very suprised to have a lot of foreigners sending her congratulations for her high school diploma or wishing her good look with her studies ... or merry christmas ...

please pm me for the address or post here in the thread, I'll send you the address and if you like, will reimburse you (paypal) all fees. This girl helped me a lot for my job by sending me her old exercise books ... that would be my way to thank her. Write in english, french german or any other language ...
chrissxb is offline  
Old Jul 18, 09, 7:30 am
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,738
I'm in. FTers were great on "Operation Postcard" when my sister had cancer. Let me know the address (although I'm not sure a postcard from the Midwest qualifies as exotic, but I think I might have one from the national park - considered America's "Swiss Alps" that my sister worked at). Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jul 18, 09, 8:05 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Washington, DC (DCA)
Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Posts: 3,463
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Is she more interested in the stamp or the postcard. I have some extra postcards from my RTW trip this past spring but if I mailed them they would have US postage on them.
uva185 is offline  
Old Jul 18, 09, 8:07 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SXB/MLH
Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by uva185 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Is she more interested in the stamp or the postcard. I have some extra postcards from my RTW trip this past spring but if I mailed them they would have US postage on them.
I think it's both. but the stamps do really count for her, too! so maybe you can chose some nice US stamps which are not so common in a small village in rural Normandy ... she doesn0t know anything about it and I am really curious how much time it will need until she finds out who's behind all these postcards from complete strangers ... thank you !!!
chrissxb is offline  
Old Jul 18, 09, 8:54 am
  #5  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Posts: 6,779
I can send a postcard from either Germany, Israel or the US within the next weeks.
totti is offline  
Old Jul 18, 09, 6:04 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Programs: Credit Cards
Posts: 3,009
Smile

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
I'm in. FTers were great on "Operation Postcard" when my sister had cancer. Let me know the address (although I'm not sure a postcard from the Midwest qualifies as exotic, but I think I might have one from the national park - considered America's "Swiss Alps" that my sister worked at). Cheers.
I'm in too! I love Operation Postcard... I started my own last year when I discovered my cousin in France... so far I've sent her at least one from all my travels... Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Juan, Santo Domingo... and even more from my Australian trip... Fiji, Tasmania, Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast... etc. One thing I'm sort of unsure about... why I never send her one from NYC???

In fact people from the OZ Fest will tell you about my 20 post card story in the Kuranda Park... LOL... they were surprised and maybe even a little amazed that I got to fill all of them out to mail them from the park before heading back on the Skyrail... haha



Great idea!

--Russ

PS. Does anyone know if you can send a post card from London Heathrow? I'd like to fire one away as I'm flying to France to meet my cousin for the first time and thought it would be real goofy if I send her one from the airport... it would obviously arrive after I've met her already, but still cool.
TrueBlueFlyer is offline  
Old Jul 18, 09, 7:42 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Body in Downtown YYZ, heart and mind elsewhere
Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K.
Posts: 5,002
Interesting idea. Please send me your friend's co-ordinates and I'll drop her a postcard.
RCyyz is offline  
Old Jul 19, 09, 10:32 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bellevue, WA
Programs: UA
Posts: 281
Count me in. Wonder if she'll like a postcard from Singapore

PM me her address
jyflyer is offline  
Old Jul 19, 09, 12:00 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: A Sight For Roll Eyes
Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Posts: 5,461
Originally Posted by chrissxb View Post
Hello, I'd like to start another postcard project and need some help from the FlyerTalk community:

A long time friend's daughter just got her high school diploma. She's 18 years old and will study Biology at Le Mans university, France. Her hobby is collecting stamps from all over the world and that's where I could need some help from the FlyerTalk community:

Please send her picture postcards from fancy places and put some nice stamps on it. It really made her day when I gave her a Trinidad and Tobago stamp, a FlyerTalker sent me recently ... she'll be very suprised to have a lot of foreigners sending her congratulations for her high school diploma or wishing her good look with her studies ... or merry christmas ...

please pm me for the address or post here in the thread, I'll send you the address and if you like, will reimburse you (paypal) all fees. This girl helped me a lot for my job by sending me her old exercise books ... that would be my way to thank her. Write in english, french german or any other language ...
SMI for another couple of days, JNX for another 5 days and then in an island without and airport, let alone an IATA code (not even a pharmacy to boot with...) for another 5 days. I guess you'll opt for one of those, instead of French or American stamps that I could also send on my way back to NY.

Choose which one you like. No need to worry, of course, about reimbursing anything...

Shame you didn't post earlier. Had a lot of "exotic" travel (including Haiti in mid-June) earlier this year...

Last edited by andre1970; Jul 19, 09 at 4:18 pm Reason: typos etc
andre1970 is offline  
Old Jul 19, 09, 2:38 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DTW
Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 403
I'm in too. I love postcards! Thailand has some really cool stamps. I know I have some left over from a trip. I'll be happy to send to her.
BaliParis is offline  
Old Jul 19, 09, 4:43 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SYD
Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Posts: 2,984
Don't know about exotic, but I can do Sydney, Australia. If interested, PM me details.

I can also do Melbourne in a couple of weeks too.

Is there a timeframe on this?
Leumas is offline  
Old Jul 19, 09, 7:13 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SXB/MLH
Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
Is there a timeframe on this?
no real timeframe on this. But I though it would be cool to have postcards arriving within one year - so take your time. no need to write them all now ... thanks for those participating so far ^
chrissxb is offline  
Old Jul 20, 09, 1:24 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: NWA, UA. Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,301
pm me the address. i think i can find a Green Bay Packer stamp...
grbflyer is offline  
Old Jul 20, 09, 2:54 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Programs: Credit Cards
Posts: 3,009
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
I can also do Melbourne in a couple of weeks too.
I'll be sending one tomorrow from Melbourne with a nice dolphin stamp
TrueBlueFlyer is offline  
Old Jul 20, 09, 10:39 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DTW
Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 403
I sent a postcard this morning, on it are Thai stamps + USA stamp.
BaliParis is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: