FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   FlyerTalk postcard project: send wishes to a friend for her high school diploma (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/976331-flyertalk-postcard-project-send-wishes-friend-her-high-school-diploma.html)

chrissxb Jul 18, 2009 6:40 am

FlyerTalk postcard project: send wishes to a friend for her high school diploma

Hello, I'd like to start another postcard project and need some help from the FlyerTalk community:

A long time friend's daughter just got her high school diploma. She's 18 years old and will study Biology at Le Mans university, France. Her hobby is collecting stamps from all over the world and that's where I could need some help from the FlyerTalk community:

Please send her picture postcards from fancy places and put some nice stamps on it. It really made her day when I gave her a Trinidad and Tobago stamp, a FlyerTalker sent me recently ... she'll be very suprised to have a lot of foreigners sending her congratulations for her high school diploma or wishing her good look with her studies ... or merry christmas ...

please pm me for the address or post here in the thread, I'll send you the address and if you like, will reimburse you (paypal) all fees. This girl helped me a lot for my job by sending me her old exercise books ... that would be my way to thank her. Write in english, french german or any other language ... :)

SkiAdcock Jul 18, 2009 7:30 am

I'm in. FTers were great on "Operation Postcard" when my sister had cancer. Let me know the address (although I'm not sure a postcard from the Midwest qualifies as exotic, but I think I might have one from the national park - considered America's "Swiss Alps" that my sister worked at). Cheers.

uva185 Jul 18, 2009 8:05 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Is she more interested in the stamp or the postcard. I have some extra postcards from my RTW trip this past spring but if I mailed them they would have US postage on them.

chrissxb Jul 18, 2009 8:07 am

Originally Posted by uva185 (Post 12085338)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Is she more interested in the stamp or the postcard. I have some extra postcards from my RTW trip this past spring but if I mailed them they would have US postage on them.

I think it's both. but the stamps do really count for her, too! so maybe you can chose some nice US stamps which are not so common in a small village in rural Normandy ... :) she doesn0t know anything about it and I am really curious how much time it will need until she finds out who's behind all these postcards from complete strangers ... :) thank you !!!

totti Jul 18, 2009 8:54 am

I can send a postcard from either Germany, Israel or the US within the next weeks.

TrueBlueFlyer Jul 18, 2009 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 12085251)
I'm in. FTers were great on "Operation Postcard" when my sister had cancer. Let me know the address (although I'm not sure a postcard from the Midwest qualifies as exotic, but I think I might have one from the national park - considered America's "Swiss Alps" that my sister worked at). Cheers.

I'm in too! I love Operation Postcard... I started my own last year when I discovered my cousin in France... so far I've sent her at least one from all my travels... Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Juan, Santo Domingo... and even more from my Australian trip... Fiji, Tasmania, Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast... etc. One thing I'm sort of unsure about... why I never send her one from NYC???

In fact people from the OZ Fest will tell you about my 20 post card story in the Kuranda Park... LOL... they were surprised and maybe even a little amazed that I got to fill all of them out to mail them from the park before heading back on the Skyrail... haha

Great idea!

--Russ

PS. Does anyone know if you can send a post card from London Heathrow? I'd like to fire one away as I'm flying to France to meet my cousin for the first time and thought it would be real goofy if I send her one from the airport... it would obviously arrive after I've met her already, but still cool.

RCyyz Jul 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Interesting idea. Please send me your friend's co-ordinates and I'll drop her a postcard.

jyflyer Jul 19, 2009 10:32 am

Count me in. Wonder if she'll like a postcard from Singapore :)

PM me her address

andre1970 Jul 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by chrissxb (Post 12085143)
Hello, I'd like to start another postcard project and need some help from the FlyerTalk community:

A long time friend's daughter just got her high school diploma. She's 18 years old and will study Biology at Le Mans university, France. Her hobby is collecting stamps from all over the world and that's where I could need some help from the FlyerTalk community:

Please send her picture postcards from fancy places and put some nice stamps on it. It really made her day when I gave her a Trinidad and Tobago stamp, a FlyerTalker sent me recently ... she'll be very suprised to have a lot of foreigners sending her congratulations for her high school diploma or wishing her good look with her studies ... or merry christmas ...

please pm me for the address or post here in the thread, I'll send you the address and if you like, will reimburse you (paypal) all fees. This girl helped me a lot for my job by sending me her old exercise books ... that would be my way to thank her. Write in english, french german or any other language ... :)

SMI for another couple of days, JNX for another 5 days and then in an island without and airport, let alone an IATA code (not even a pharmacy to boot with...) for another 5 days. I guess you'll opt for one of those, instead of French or American stamps that I could also send on my way back to NY. ;)

Choose which one you like. No need to worry, of course, about reimbursing anything...

Shame you didn't post earlier. Had a lot of "exotic" travel (including Haiti in mid-June) earlier this year...

BaliParis Jul 19, 2009 2:38 pm

I'm in too. I love postcards! Thailand has some really cool stamps. I know I have some left over from a trip. I'll be happy to send to her.

Leumas Jul 19, 2009 4:43 pm

Don't know about exotic, but I can do Sydney, Australia. If interested, PM me details.

I can also do Melbourne in a couple of weeks too.

Is there a timeframe on this?

chrissxb Jul 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Leumas (Post 12090255)
Is there a timeframe on this?

no real timeframe on this. But I though it would be cool to have postcards arriving within one year - so take your time. no need to write them all now ... thanks for those participating so far ^ :)

grbflyer Jul 20, 2009 1:24 am

pm me the address. i think i can find a Green Bay Packer stamp...

TrueBlueFlyer Jul 20, 2009 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Leumas (Post 12090255)
I can also do Melbourne in a couple of weeks too.

I'll be sending one tomorrow from Melbourne with a nice dolphin stamp :)

BaliParis Jul 20, 2009 10:39 am

I sent a postcard this morning, on it are Thai stamps + USA stamp.