Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2009 DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2009, 7:06 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
It'd be great to see you again, MCS?, and I should be available. I'll defer to some of our regulars who live closer to IAD to pick a location.
Great! ^
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Attendees
GoingAway
headinclouds
bobovespa
flug...nan aka chtiet

tazi - a maybe (as always)
GHF - checking the calendar

Whoever arrives FIRST - please put your name on the list and ask for a table for 4 (at the moment)
So, how many are we? 4 or is it more???
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Wirelessly posted (goingaway's phone: SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/UCHA1 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12))

no word from GHF let's go with 4
thanks
Old Jan 12, 2009, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Greetings DC folks!

I noticed this month is a chinese restaurant. If anyone's interested in Korean food, I'd highly recommend maybe doing a dinner out in Fairfax at Seoul House (I think it's the name of the restaurant) - it's right off of 50, east of Fair Oaks mall in the strip mall where there used to be a Circuit City & there's currently a Burlington Coat Factory & Willie's Ski Shop. It's a really good korean BBQ place & I highly recommend it!
Old Jan 18, 2009, 8:25 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Hi,

I just moved back to DC and would love to attend a happy hour at the Reston Town Center as I live within walking distance and work near IAD. Given the interest in the venue, I'll try to plan something later next month if nobody else does.

Any suggestions for food choices?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (goingaway's phone: SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/UCHA1 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12))

Originally Posted by DHAST
Hi,

I just moved back to DC and would love to attend a happy hour at the Reston Town Center as I live within walking distance and work near IAD. Given the interest in the venue, I'll try to plan something later next month if nobody else does.

MCS is coming in, I think its on Friday. It will be somewhere near the clock tower vicinity most likely (herndon) if you would like to join us. specific venue is tba once the weekend is out of the way we'll figure it out.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

MCS is coming in, I think its on Friday. It will be somewhere near the clock tower vicinity most likely (herndon) if you would like to join us. specific venue is tba once the weekend is out of the way we'll figure it out.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by GoingAway

Ok, keep me posted.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Hi,

I work within walking distance so if you try something I'll be in as long as I'm in town ^
Old Jan 19, 2009, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt
I have been wanting to try out Jackson's in Reston (the not so new new place).

Do they take reservations?

Anyone wanna take the lead on that?

(I know I am not being very nice by making a pretty direct recommendation but not taking the responsibility!)
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by pranu

Anyone wanna take the lead on that?

(I know I am not being very nice by making a pretty direct recommendation but not taking the responsibility!)
went there for lunch last week for a work function however we just walked over with about 8 of us.. no rez needed for lunch.. however I would think that they do take rez; I enjoyed it; note LOL.. this is not an offer to take the lead as I'm gone the next two weeks
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, UA Premier, WN A-List/CP, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Hyatt Platinum
Jackson's

Originally Posted by pranu

Been to Jackson's a few times in the evening - usually Friday nights. Very busy, lots of meat marketing at the upper (smoking) and lower (non-smoking) bars. They don't do "reservations" but have a "call ahead" list to get priority seating. Very similar menu to the other Great American Restaurant venues (Artie's, Coastal Flats, Sweetwater Tavern) with some diner-like additions. McCormick and Schmick's has a great bar menu during happy hour that is unbeatable and it's just across the street.

Count me in, if I'm in town.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GillyBean
Been to Jackson's a few times in the evening - usually Friday nights. Very busy, lots of meat marketing at the upper (smoking) and lower (non-smoking) bars. They don't do "reservations" but have a "call ahead" list to get priority seating. Very similar menu to the other Great American Restaurant venues (Artie's, Coastal Flats, Sweetwater Tavern) with some diner-like additions. McCormick and Schmick's has a great bar menu during happy hour that is unbeatable and it's just across the street.

Count me in, if I'm in town.
Welcome to "posting" on FT ... seems like you've been lurking for a very long time.

Pranu - I'll let you save Jackson's for a time when you're ready to set up a meet ... we'll do something a bit West for Friday.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
FYI:

DC Restaurant Week will take place from February 16 to February 22. Lunch is $20.09, and dinner is $35.09. The website, which seems still to be under construction, is here: http://www.washington.org/restaurantwk/

We have a reservation for a party of seven at The Grille at the Morrison House in Old Town Alexandria on Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
Please reply if you are interested in joining us.

Confirmed:
1. gvdIAD
2. GoingAway
3. Condition One
4. pranu
5. flugvergnugen
6. uva185
7. mot29

Last edited by gvdIAD; Feb 18, 2009 at 7:21 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 21, 2009, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll take a slot, gvdIAD and I'm sure that you can get a few takers (some of whom are out of town at the moment) if you picked places for another night or two, as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.