Search
Old May 20, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ANC RED-EYE
Confirmed Events

Upcoming Visits

catweazle 8 November to 11 November 2018

Local Residents

Here is the list of all known ANC-based FTers. Please feel free to update this list as needed.
  • akdude
  • AKronin
  • AKScotty
  • AKSteveB
  • alaskantraveler (ANC)
  • alphaeagle (In transit?)
  • alaskamatt
  • ANC
  • ANC RED-EYE (When he's not in SAP)
  • AKDan (Kenai Peninsula)
  • beckoa
  • billscann
  • BOB W (If there's wine there is a way)
  • BoeingOrNotGoing
  • Chugach
  • ChugiakAk
  • eastwest
  • erikatcuse
  • Faralaska
  • filmdept
  • geefour907
  • HDK
  • HRHMom
  • jackal (extended vacation)
  • Jazon256
  • kajaz
  • la2jax
  • Lake_Hood
  • Legend717
  • Major G (part-time)
  • msccpa1
  • meej
  • pipeliner
  • REC1111 (Kenai Peninsula)
  • Ruthalaska
  • Seat 2A (FAI; comes through ANC often)
  • SouthAnch
  • stellertony (mostly in OAK, visits 2-3x/year)
  • wanderlove
  • warmstor
  • whereishome?
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated ANC Meet-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by BOB W
I hope they make it into the Boardroom tonight. Everyone's favorite concierge denied them entry upon arrival, even though he has an AC membership and was flying on AA metal.
I'm glad you brought this up

I have an AC membership

I take it there is not an AC at ANC so can I use the BR? I am flying AA metal.
Old May 24, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I'm glad you brought this up

I have an AC membership

I take it there is not an AC at ANC so can I use the BR? I am flying AA metal.
In theory, YES, since you are flying AA metal. There does seem to be some confusion with certain concierges at the ANC BR.

Good luck.
Old May 25, 2012, 2:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Thanks for hosting us! I thought the rockfish pizza was great, but I don't have the halibut pizza experience to compare with...

Wish I could join you guys at the AS Boardroom for the crab fest extravaganza tonight!
Glad you made it back ok

As for the rockfish- it was good. Not the same but good still ^

As for the crabfest... I had enough crabcakes for the both of us

They also had some lox type salmon things- very good but only had one- and they were gone
Old May 25, 2012, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Hmm I'm off at 9 PM - could meet up then if you're not fast asleep.

Several FT'ers visiting from the DCA area recently
If you are still game, I'll do the 9PM meeting tonight

Will be at the FI and will have a car

I'll pm you my cell; I'll check in on FT from DFW as well

TH
Old May 26, 2012, 1:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
If you are still game, I'll do the 9PM meeting tonight

Will be at the FI and will have a car

I'll pm you my cell; I'll check in on FT from DFW as well

TH
Great to meet up with you and the other FTer at the Glacier Brewhouse tonight

Have fun tomorrow exploring Southcentral Alaska ^
Old May 27, 2012, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Great to meet up with you and the other FTer at the Glacier Brewhouse tonight

Have fun tomorrow exploring Southcentral Alaska ^
It was very nice meeting you as well beckoa ^

Lets see, Portage Lake or is it Glacier was closed, meaning the lake was still frozen so there weren't any tours/cruises. However there were many bald eagles to be found and some great pictures were taken; next off was the biggest waste of $12 ever LOL (just being funny here) in the funkiest tunnel I've ever been in going to Whittier. Seriously now, the only thing that should be going in that tunnel is mining cars for coal and surely not autos, trucks with boats and trains. All to get to the other side to Whittier and now I know why you call it Shittier LOL.. what a dump. Coming back was via Gridwood where the tram ride up the ski mountain was nice. Saw a Moose close up too ^ and the final stop on the way back to ANC was the wild animal park with the bison (and newborn baby bison), brown bear, reindeer, elk etc. The trip was quick but fun.

At ANC, no problem getting into the Boardroom with the Ad Club card and showing the AA ticket but the lounge dragon was going to dot every i and cross every T before letting anyone in LOL

One quirky thing was at the AA ticketing counter there was a sign

AA does not have an Admirals Club in Anchorage. It did not mention anything about the BR. You really have to know this in order to use it. Obviously AA doesn't not want people to use it, as I"m guessing its b/c they have to pay for each AC member who uses it

Great trip, I'll have to return again
Old May 27, 2012, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
...Great trip, I'll have to return again
And like the two of us, again, and again, and again.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...24-2012-a.html

Old May 28, 2012, 12:41 am

It was very nice meeting you as well beckoa ^

Lets see, Portage Lake or is it Glacier was closed, meaning the lake was still frozen so there weren't any tours/cruises. However there were many bald eagles to be found and some great pictures were taken; next off was the biggest waste of $12 ever LOL (just being funny here) in the funkiest tunnel I've ever been in going to Whittier. Seriously now, the only thing that should be going in that tunnel is mining cars for coal and surely not autos, trucks with boats and trains. All to get to the other side to Whittier and now I know why you call it Shittier LOL.. what a dump. Coming back was via Gridwood where the tram ride up the ski mountain was nice. Saw a Moose close up too ^ and the final stop on the way back to ANC was the wild animal park with the bison (and newborn baby bison), brown bear, reindeer, elk etc. The trip was quick but fun.

At ANC, no problem getting into the Boardroom with the Ad Club card and showing the AA ticket but the lounge dragon was going to dot every i and cross every T before letting anyone in LOL

One quirky thing was at the AA ticketing counter there was a sign

AA does not have an Admirals Club in Anchorage. It did not mention anything about the BR. You really have to know this in order to use it. Obviously AA doesn't not want people to use it, as I"m guessing its b/c they have to pay for each AC member who uses it

Glad it worked out... the wildlife park can be fun- went there a few years ago when we cleared out some willows in our yard and fed them to the moose there for free.

Ended up missing you on the Seward Highway- ended up south of Girdwood dipnetting and ended up with some nice netfulls of Hooligan
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Hope to meet some of you for dinner Wed, July 11 in ANC. I usually end up at Glacier Brewhouse every time I'm in town, but we're open to suggestions.

Also, my friend and I will be in Kenai/Soldatna Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Any restaurant or activity recommendations there? We'd be glad to meet anyone for dinner.

My friend is judging a dog show there Friday and Saturday, but I probably won't spend a lot of time at the show.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Just missing this! Arriving ANC 6/25, heading down towards Homer, flying out of ANC on 7/1.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:54 am

Anyone around ANC for dinner Wed 7/11 or Kenai Thurs - Sat?

Any recommendations for Kenai restaurants?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere

Tied up Wednesday night.

I would recommend Buckets in Soldotna for Sports Bar food and ambiance. Mykel's in Soldotna for the best food around and Louie's at the Uptown Hotel in Kenai for an amazing pepper steak. It's deep fried and excellent!!!!

Anywhere will have fresh Alaska seafood. Try the local oysters for a real treat.^^
Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
Mykel's in Soldotna for the best food around and Louie's at the Uptown Hotel in Kenai for an amazing pepper steak. It's deep fried and excellent!!!!

Anywhere will have fresh Alaska seafood. Try the local oysters for a real treat.^^
Hmmm, we're both trying to eat healthy, so I think we'll pass on the deep-fried steak. But we'll be staying Uptown so I'm sure we'll eat there a few times. And thanks for the other rec's!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere

Wow sorry I missed this... knew someone was going to be in the area- but probably wouldn't of had much time tonight as I worked late and then have been packing for our outing to ADK tomorrow...

Hope you have fun on the Peninsula ^ I'll probably try my luck there next week fishing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.