San Francisco MEGA DO 2008 - September 26-28

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:10 am

Programs: UA 1K / 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum, Amex Platinum
In...
Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OP is updated, happy to have some more people confirm!
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Guys, I'm happy to report that we have a new event. On Friday we're going to be getting a tour of the Gate Gourmet facilities at SFO. You can finally see where all of that delicious food is made.

Right now it looks like the tour will be at 2PM on Friday. While registration isn't open for it yet, I'm sure it will be shortly.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
Lucky, please add me as a definite - wouldn't miss my first mega-do!
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:44 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Guys, I'm happy to report that we have a new event. On Friday we're going to be getting a tour of the Gate Gourmet facilities at SFO. You can finally see where all of that delicious food is made.

Right now it looks like the tour will be at 2PM on Friday. While registration isn't open for it yet, I'm sure it will be shortly.
Sounds great, Lucky! Keep up the good work.

Halothane
Old Jun 22, 2008, 6:44 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Count me in. I left my heart in San Francisco, now I'm going back to get it!

Hotel: Intercontinental Hotel downtown
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Add me + 1 to the maybe list
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
The $180 rate is available on intercontinental.com for the Intercontinental San Francisco (not Mark Hopkins). The Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) is a voucher that those of us that are Ambassadors and Royal Ambassadors get. Joining the Ambassador program costs $150 and you get a BOGO cert, 5,000 points, a one category room upgrade, late check-out, a welcome gift, etc. It pays for itself in this stay alone, as you can see. You can sign up and also see all the benefits here. The membership lasts for 12 months. If you want to renew in the future it's only $100, and you'll once again get the BOGO and 5,000 point certificatte.
I looked briefly in the IC forum and couldn't find the info I'm looking for. How quickly does one receive the BOGO voucher? Can I use the BOGO on ANY rate bookable on the IC website? There's no issue with 'availability' with the use of these vouchers, right? Do I book two nights and then one gets discounted with the voucher upon check-in, or do I have to call reservations to 'apply' it?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:35 am

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
I will have to bow out of this do as well. I just booked 12 days in Europe instead. Hope you all have a blast!

Halothane
Old Jun 23, 2008, 6:40 am

Welcome back from Paris, Lucky.

Mr kalkat and I will be very happy to be at your 2nd Annual SFO Mega DO.

We'll be offering the usual incentive again this year to early confirmed registrants to the DO, involving a ferry, a paddleboat, a genuine California redwood deck and a BBQ.

Last year was so much fun!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
I looked briefly in the IC forum and couldn't find the info I'm looking for. How quickly does one receive the BOGO voucher? Can I use the BOGO on ANY rate bookable on the IC website? There's no issue with 'availability' with the use of these vouchers, right? Do I book two nights and then one gets discounted with the voucher upon check-in, or do I have to call reservations to 'apply' it?

Yes, I was wondering the same....
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
It usually takes about 2-3 weeks to get your welcome kit, which includes the voucher. The BOGO can be used on ANY rate booked on the IC website, from the most basic room to the preisdential suite. No capacity controls, as you don't even have to tell the hotel you're using a BOGO until check-in.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 11:23 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
As promised the San Francisco Mega Do is back, and we're hoping to top last year. Given that the Do calendar is already pretty full we decided we needed to get the date out there soon, and chose September 26-28 as the weekend for this year.
Lucky, I'd like to be added to the [strong] maybe list.

But, before I commit (officially); I need to inquire about a few things, with regard to this DO :

(a) Will I have access to an IC RA's mini-bar (specifically their Champagne and Cognac) at the Intercontinental San Francisco?

(b) Do I have to shave to attend this DO?

(c) Will much culture be involved, during this weekend; as I try to avoid any cultural situations.

Thanks!
--- Michael

Last edited by baccarat_king; Jun 23, 2008 at 11:30 am
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by kalkat
We'll be offering the usual incentive again this year to early confirmed registrants to the DO, involving a ferry, a paddleboat, a genuine California redwood deck and a BBQ.
Oh, now I'm really tempted, especially after meeting the charming Mr. and Mrs. Kalkat at the BRT.

Please add me to the maybe list.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:31 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
I'm in-----at the IC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.