SAN dinner on FEB 20th

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
SAN dinner on FEB 20th

After ELP DO I'll fly thru SAN to get home

arrive on Monday Feb 20th at 8:19pm at SAN, leaving same evening at 10h50pm. something near airport would be great

any SAN FTer for dinner?
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:35 am
Community Director Emerita

I'm in - and will help coordinate. I can pick Christian up at the airport and drive him there and back.

Monday, February 20
8:30pm
Filippi's Pizza Grotto, Little Italy
1747 India Street

Courtesy of hiyo:
Here's a link to a map of the Fillipi's Pizza Grotto location in Little Italy.

Directions are almost like going to SAN - From I-5 South, exit Airport/Sassafras, which puts you on Kettner, then stay on Kettner to Date, turn left, then the next left onto India (one way) and Filippi's is on the right.

Coming from SAN on N Harbor Dr, turn left on Grape, then right on Kettner to left on Date to left on India. It's about 3 miles from SAN T2 (CO/DL) to Fillipi's.

Confirmed:
chrissxb
IceTrojan
JulieAA
lili
NCRBill + 1
redbeard911
SanDiego1K + 1
TransWorldOne
Windflyer

Tentative:
KimmyAA
LLM
seaworth

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Feb 20, 2006 at 11:40 am
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:40 am

It was great meeting you today here in MUC and would love to meet up again.

I should be in town so MrsNCRBILL and I would love to meet up with you again. It's on our calendar and look forward to seeing you.

I'll be looking to see where it will be and I'll see you there.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 6:13 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm in - and will help coordinate.

Who has some ideas for dinner? My initial thought if the group doesn't get too large is to go to Mission Hills Cafe. I can pick Chris up at the airport and drive him there and back.

Better ideas?

Time: 8:30pm

chrisxb
NCRBill + 1
SanDiego1K + 1
Hi Carol,

This afternoon I drove by the building where the Mission Hills Cafe used to be. The building is empty to make way for a condo project. You might consider Parallel 33, essentially across the street from the Old Mission Hills Cafe, although more formal and pricier. [Parallel 33 741 Washington St. San Diego, CA 92103 • (619) 260-0033]

Judi and I will be in Tahiti from 2/6, returning 2/20 midday. We'll be too washed out for dinner that night.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 6:17 pm

Norm, thanks for the news. I really liked the restaurant as a good place for a simple, tasty, 3 course menu. I'm disappointed to lose it.

Enjoy Tahiti! From Iceland to Tahiti - the two of you are having a great travel year.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 6:40 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Norm, thanks for the news. I really liked the restaurant as a good place for a simple, tasty, 3 course menu. I'm disappointed to lose it.

Enjoy Tahiti! From Iceland to Tahiti - the two of you are having a great travel year.
I never thought of it that way, but you have a point!

See you at Ba Ren next week.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Global Services , Marriott Platinum
Restaurant Idea - Zocalo Grill in Old Town. It's pretty close to the airport and the food is fantastic! The entrees are a bit pricy but the pizzas and pastas are really reasonable. http://www.zocalogrill.com/zocalo/dinnermenu.html

I'm a maybe for the dinner. My February schedule hasn't booked out yet, but I hope to make it.

Kim
Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Put me as a maybe too. I may be in Japan during this as the dates I was planning on going were Feb 16-23.... But I don't have tickets yet. My friend there won't tell me when he's comin back to the states during Feb so i can't book anything till he tells me
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:55 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am a maybe also.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:48 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Plenty of restaurants in Little Italy for a group, and it's certainly near the airport.

Filippi's Pizza Grotto is a nice pizza/red sauce place, although I am not sure about reservations. There is limited parking as well, although late on Monday night street parking should not be much of an issue.

China Camp, next to Denny's on Pac Hwy, is even closer to SAN and has plenty of parking, but I have never eaten there. Fat City, in the same area, is an okay steakhouse.

Shirley and I are maybes at this point.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Definately out... just booked WBC/Y award to NRT and HKG Feb 15-25.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:08 am

I've decided that hiyo's suggestion of Filippi's is a good one, even though Kim's Zocala Grill has me drooling. chrisxb has a rather narrow window of time, and we'll have a better chance of getting in and out at a more casual restaurant. Here's what TripAdvisor has to say about Filippis.

Filippis doesn't take reservations, but I don't think that will be a problem for our rather late Monday night dinner. Whoever arrives first should grab a table for the group.

civicmon, have a great trip to Asia.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jan 1, 2006 at 10:11 am
Old Jan 1, 2006, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Count me in.

Chris, what are your travel arrangements? I'm pretty sure that I'm going to ELP as well. It looks like F9 SAN-DEN-ELP on Friday (Picking up Mrs. RB and Little Miss RB on the way) and returning ELP-DEN-SAN on Sunday.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by redbeard911
Count me in.

Chris, what are your travel arrangements? I'm pretty sure that I'm going to ELP as well. It looks like F9 SAN-DEN-ELP on Friday (Picking up Mrs. RB and Little Miss RB on the way) and returning ELP-DEN-SAN on Sunday.
I fly in on CO1515 to IAH, then on DL via SLC to SAN, leaving again on DL.

thanks SanDiego1K for putting all this together for me, hope you'll enjoy LYS
Old Jan 2, 2006, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by hiyo
Filippi's Pizza Grotto is a nice pizza/red sauce place, although I am not sure about reservations. There is limited parking as well, although late on Monday night street parking should not be much of an issue.
Please be careful with this link. This link is pointing to the one located downtown, not in Little Italy. Even though they are close, may need to clarify which one we want to meet at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.