Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali Do 2006 (26-28 May)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 7:44 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by derpelikan

well, today it was so hot, that i had problems in not getting sun-sick at the beach

looking forward to the macarronis on friday.
and of course the kudeta on saturday. saw some pictures of the kudeta and it really looks nice.

i am planning to try the ultimo tommorow anybody has been there?

dp
dp, you are spending way too much time in front of a computer posting on FT instead of enjoying Bali.
Old May 24, 2006, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jjpb3
I too have some empathy for that, but I don't have an ounce of empathy for the rift about insiders and about what other misinformation may lie ahead in the Do activities. It assumed the worst about the organizers' intentions and was, IMO, offensive.
It assumed nothing at all about the organizers' intentions. It assumed that the information provided was less reliable than had earlier been assumed. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old May 24, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
yeah may be

Originally Posted by MovieMan
dp, you are spending way too much time in front of a computer posting on FT instead of enjoying Bali.
but i have still to work , 2-3 hours a day.
so no problem at all.

and it is so hot here, so beiing the room is ok in the afternoon.

dp
Old May 24, 2006, 6:39 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
On my way to DPS!

In the SKL SYD....Maybe I should go check out the NZ lounge next door.

See you guys tonight!
Old May 24, 2006, 6:48 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
After a couple of near misses. Huge traffic problems to SFO (thank goodness for a late departure to LAX) Barely making our connection due to already mentioned late departure. (thanks to AA for holding the plane - but there were 8 of us connecting)

We are now at the Sakura lounge waiting for our JL departure in an hour or two for Bali via Jakarta (ah the turmoils of getting a last minute award ticket without having to pay premium mileage prices)

Spent last night at the Narita Hilton which is going through a large upgrade. But we were put in one of the non yet upgraded rooms. 10k HH points - what can you say.

Anyway looking forward to meeting up with others at the ALiLA in several hours.
Old May 24, 2006, 7:11 pm

As expected, I fell asleep before the first drinks were offered. I woke up in the middle of the night and asked for a slice of cheese cake and glass of champagne and immediately fell asleep again to be wakened for breakfast. I passed and had a couple of pork buns at the Wing and some champagne.

I cannot wait to get back "home".

Safe travels everyone!
Old May 24, 2006, 11:06 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Greetings from SKL SYD (I'm on SQ 222, 4 hours after Kevin's) - getting ready to board and head off to Bali. See you all on the party flight on Friday morning. This promises to be an exciting Do, and my first time in Raffles class too... ;-)
Old May 24, 2006, 11:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
See you tomorrow. Just a few more hours work to go til leave for my flight.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:32 am

Programs: UA AA HGP SPG HH
Finally here

Just checked in Bali Hyatt a few hours ago.

The weather is nice, and the pool looks good.

See everybody tommorow.
Old May 25, 2006, 3:52 am

SQ 232 was a smooth flight and not too full in J. My request for 17A was fulfilled

Anyhow in the SKL F waiting for my flight to DPS.

Well guess it's time for a DOM and Satay run
Old May 25, 2006, 3:56 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Made it to the lounge sipping a drink, waiting for my flight.

Once again PPS double dipping didnt work automatically, and this time they lost my departure tax sticker without me noticing. Oh well I could do with the extra walk from immigration all the way back to the very far check in counter and back again.
Old May 25, 2006, 4:24 am

Gate F60 loves me I guess. 2x this week I'm departing out of Gate F60. I guess after indulging in SYD and the SKL X 2 I need the exercise.

It's off to F60 for me.
Old May 25, 2006, 6:56 pm

Greetings from the SKL SIN - it's coming on 9.05am which means, it's time for a nap!

Cheers from

TGFG, MovieMan, Kiwi Flyer, Jubilee777 and MegatopLover
Old May 25, 2006, 7:03 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Star G and Cawhite are super!

I only wish I could be there with you all in Bali to celebrate Cheryl's birthday.

I do understand the paypal problem as I am remedial on this but from my following this thread and Cheryl's many messages about the dinner $, everyone had a pile of time to either figure out the paypal program or contact Cheryl by pm and work something else out....ie a bank draft check....

She and StarG have put together a most fantastic program for all in Bali. Say Happy Birthday and Thank you and whine not!

Wish I could be there with you all.
d
Old May 26, 2006, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Greetings from the SKL SIN - it's coming on 9.05am which means, it's time for a nap!

Cheers from

TGFG, MovieMan, Kiwi Flyer, Jubilee777 and MegatopLover
It's now 5pm and I am all ready to leave my office to catch my 7.15pm flight to Bali.....

See you guys soon!!!

Gaz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.