Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali Do 2006 (26-28 May)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2005, 4:49 pm

SUPRISE!
Old Sep 18, 2005, 9:25 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Well, the boys who were fortunate enough to have Bali Do 2005 drop by when it happened to coincide with their holiday probably won't have such fortuitous timing this year. It looks like I'll be arriving in SE Asia on May 26th but spending that weekend with Mr. Megatop in BKK. We're trying to decide between a beach/resort and a city vacation for the following week. Beijing is the leading contender. And Bali is on our list, as are other resort spots SQ serves (Maldives anyone?), but even if we do Bali we would probably arrive just as Bali Do 2006 is ending.

Paging cawhite60156... Out of idle curiosity (or a bit more), what's the 411 on accommodations for Bali Do 2006? Have you negotiated any kind of group rate from RC or the others?
Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
MegatopLover -- No news yet on the RC rates for BaliDo2006, though I expect we'll start talking with them after I get back from EZE in October and can chat with ws8n about the tour we had. Currently in the process of soliciting rates from other properties....and in at least one case has been a bit, uh, "interesting"

Will keep y'all updated as we get more solid information to choose from.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by diana
Diana, thanks for the great update on recent changes to the Westin! It sounds like you were very favorably impressed by the new suites. Question...are the new suites in addition to the standard ones that were available at the Westin when we were all visiting in May? Or are they the standard suites (such as the one you had in May) renovated? You mention they have RBC access -- are they considered to be RBC suites in addition to the "regular" Westin suites?
Old Sep 21, 2005, 1:59 pm

247 days until the official start of BaliDo2006!

I got to have a bit of a Bali reminder at lunch today... Dessert had a small scoop of ginger ice cream and oh how it reminded me of Bali...and the chunks of ginger in the hot tea at Zen...which of course reminded me of...
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:30 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by cawhite60156
I got to have a bit of a Bali reminder at lunch today... Dessert had a small scoop of ginger ice cream and oh how it reminded me of Bali...and the chunks of ginger in the hot tea at Zen...which of course reminded me of...
Reminded you of SPANK SPANK SPANK ? ? ?
Old Sep 28, 2005, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Cancellation noted, bdschobel.
Hope to see you some other time.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 3:22 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Where have all yesterday's posts about the explosions in Bali gone ???
Old Oct 2, 2005, 3:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
mod I guess. I hate it when they do this.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 8:21 am

The posts from yesterday's bombing were moved into the thread on same subject in Newstand
Old Oct 2, 2005, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Ah... OK.
Thanks for the info, cawhite60156.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by oontiveros
mod I guess. I hate it when they do this.
Sorry, guys. After splitting the thread and moving the tail of it I forgot to leave a note here about it. Mea culpa!

<mod hat off>BTW, I will especially be interested in the trip reports from this Do and what all your perceptions are of local life after this round of attacks. This has got to be incredibily demoralizing for the people of Bali. </mod hat off>

--------
essxjay
FT Community moderator

Last edited by essxjay; Oct 2, 2005 at 2:03 pm
Old Oct 2, 2005, 4:23 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
I hope after this disturbing event, we will not judge the situation too quickly. We still have 8 months to watch what is going on in Bali.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 10:14 pm
OGY

Programs: SQ (TPP8)
I myself still see Bali as one of the destination I should go within the next one year. Probably for my vacation early next year. Been there so many times, and yet there are so many places I have yet to explore.

I guess there are risks everywhere, be it natural disaster or terrorism. Not only in Bali.

As what CGK says, wait and see. Still many more months to go to the DO.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 10:59 pm

I am returning to Bali at the end of October. I am not at all afraid to travel to Bali, it has become my second home. It makes me angry and sad to see that the terrorists have made a beautiful, magical and healing island a target of their terror once again.

By the way, here are some photos of my Westin Ocean Suite when I was there September 17-21, 2005.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.