Reload this Page >

SIN Run 2006

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN Run 2006

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:51 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Count me in for SIN Run over MLK 2007....where is hotel central? Felt a bit out of the loop last year at the Ritz Carlton (even though I could spend the rest of my life ther...) Would prefer to stay with the majority.... I did not get enough of a chance to get to know you all....
best,
d
Old Aug 27, 2006, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by dedehans
Where is hotel central?
As is ususally the case, there will be plenty of FT'ers 'scattered' among the usual suspects: Hyatt, Marriott, Conrad, etc, etc. I know of a number of us who'll be at the Sheraton, but for the most part the hotels are within easy walking/taxiing/MRTing of one another. Good luck with your choice!

Best, Dave
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:00 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by violist
Good idea - but I'd defer to the president of SIN runs, mjm,
to decide when to do this.
I third this.
My first DO ever was SIN RUN. And since then always think that mjm's name is attached to this. To make this thread rip never crosses my mind. We shared many memories in here.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 3:28 pm
In Memoriam

SinDo 2007

Booked, upgraded and reserved, but neglected to let MJM, know...So put me down Mike...will also be bringing Mrs. Wwbgd, so make that a reservation for two.
Best regards,
Boris.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 3:40 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Flights booked and confirmed at the Hyatt on Scott Road......MJM, can we possibly get some vino at the CrabGrabSaturdayPmDo for some of us who despise beer????

Last edited by dedehans; Aug 27, 2006 at 7:26 pm Reason: too cute....and can we have wine at Crab Do?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:11 pm
mjm
Original Member
Original Poster

Gang,

Just got to the office and will be back to you very shortly. Have some major SIN Run '07 work to do clearly.

Back soon................

Mike
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:38 pm

booked, hooked too...

Hi Mike
Booked, hooked...arriving SQ 15 at 033 on 12 Jan and staying at Hyatt on Scott Road...hopefully close to everyone? ^
d
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
I'm not sure the branch at Geylang have vino, but the one at Esplanade does...perhaps we can do BYO

Flights booked and confirmed at the Hyatt on Scott Road......MJM, can we possibly get some vino at the CrabGrabSaturdayPmDo for some of us who despise beer????
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by ws8n
I'm not sure the branch at Geylang have vino, but the one at Esplanade does...perhaps we can do BYO

I would love it if we could BYOwine...... as long as the restaurant is not offended......
Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 2MM
....MJM, can we possibly get some vino at the CrabGrabSaturdayPmDo for some of us who despise beer????
I'm not a beer drinker either. I remember asking for wine last January, but had to settle for Coke instead. So anything you can do for us non-beer drinkers mjm would be appreciated.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:39 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
I would love it if we could BYOwine...... as long as the restaurant is not offended......
Chilled the vino at the hotel, brought that wine plastic cups (or bring the proper wine glass from the room), and don't forget the corkscrew!
Old Aug 28, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Hey CGK,
where is your SQ status in your profile on FT ?

My attendance at next years SIN Do depends on whether the Conrad BKK honour my stay Jan 7- Jan 12 in the 650baht Deluxe Suite .
Old Aug 28, 2006, 2:50 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Perhaps we add a wine event to the agenda.

We could go to a wine bar or, maybe each participant picks up a bottle or 2 of their favorites and we have a tasting in someone's suite / or a hotel lounge?

2 bottles per person could make things real interesting by the end of the tasting
Old Aug 28, 2006, 2:56 pm

We could pick up a couple of bottles in that Duty Free Liquor store just before the baggage carousels in SIN.....

I don't arrive SIN til 1am on the 12th so that store might be closed for me....do any of you who travel thru Asia often know if I would have a problem with SQ bringing a bottle or two on the plane if I were to purchase some in ICN?
Old Aug 28, 2006, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No problem. Both Singapore and South Korea allow liquids in carry on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.