Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

What did your FT Handle/Name come from? (Merged Threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What did your FT Handle/Name come from? (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by PSUhorty

That's like what... 10 who have thought the same now?
Maybe you're all just a bit illiterate!
+1! And maybe I am, after all, since I'm a proud Clemson grad, class of 1978.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I shouldn't have to explain what you see on the left.

53 = birthyear, not birthday.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by james318
I hope Shorty isn't having an identity crisis!
I'm guessing he's hanging from gravity boots right now...trying to make himself taller!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Well I'm +18.

I would like to thank Gary Larson for my handle.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
I liked the idea of moving to this burgh near Sydney, to run the Busy Bee cafe (and maybe keep some bees while I was at it).

Plus my initials BB and my preferred seating class for longhaul international flights is Biz; and bensyd was already taken. ')

Helena Handbasket's handle's #1 IMO.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The biggest thread on this recurring topic is
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...hreads-17.html (671 posts - last post May 24 2009)

Others
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...r-handles.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...s-handles.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...te-handle.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...ft-handle.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...ur-handle.html

In the past new threads tend to get merged into the main thread above

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Sep 26, 2009 at 3:06 am
Old Sep 26, 2009, 3:58 am

Programs: Welfare
Funny that with all this revolving around Shorty now, I looked at his profile and his birthday is listed as April 1st. Maybe this is all a HUGE April fools joke on all of us.

He hasn't posted since this thread turned against him
Old Sep 26, 2009, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by PSUhorty
Bloody hell... you mean that many people think my nic says 'shorty'?
Yep....me, too. Although I always noticed that that "s" was missing, I just assumed that 1) you mistyped when you first signed up, or 2) it was some "kewl" "dewd" "young kid" way of writing it. I have discovered that I have become my parents and no longer understand what the younger generation (such as a PSU student) might be talking about.

So, how short are you?
Originally Posted by annerj
Mine is a very old screen name we used for our first email account (Anne is my wife and RJ is me). Probably better screen names out there for me but I'm lazy and stick with this one.
Wrong history and wrong sex. I assumed you were Anne who often flew on RJs.
Originally Posted by james318
I signed up somewhere long ago, and my ID was taken and they suggested James318. 3/18 is my sisters birthday, so it just kinda stuck.
A bible verse......not you'd find a bible in my home, so I had no idea what that verse was.
Originally Posted by CUTiger78
I'm a proud Clemson grad, class of 1978.
My sincerest sympathies. We all have burdens to bare.....some of which scar us for life.....and if it makes you feel better to call yourself a "proud Clemson grad" then so be it.

I am KEVin IN SACramento. I've had the same log-in for all sites (well, almost all sites .... some others I can not mention, for fear of suspension!) and I thought I was so creative when I first came up with it.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by BiziBB
I liked the idea of moving to this burgh near Sydney, to run the Busy Bee cafe (and maybe keep some bees while I was at it).

Plus my initials BB and my preferred seating class for longhaul international flights is Biz; and bensyd was already taken. ')

Helena Handbasket's handle's #1 IMO.
I always thought it had something to do with B2B (Business to Business), don't ask me why....Getting more and more dyslexic every year.

+1 on Shorty, sorry.

Mine's easy - I come from very humble and poor origins (of which I'm very proud) and now friends joke that I won't even go hiking unless there are shelters by Marriott in the mountains...And I did like the movie
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Originally Posted by Mongah
Funny that with all this revolving around Shorty now, I looked at his profile and his birthday is listed as April 1st. Maybe this is all a HUGE April fools joke on all of us.

He hasn't posted since this thread turned against him

Just been busy... although, I have followed it. I will throw a few replies up in the near future.

But to aonswer one of the questions... I'm 5'11", not short.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:08 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BiziBB
Damn, BiziBB you are about half an hour away by road! Must drop in to the said cafe sometime!

+1 on PSUShorty.. oops.. PSUhorty

SQ421 was my first International flight and the first flight I ever credited to a Freq. Flyer program.

Last edited by SQ421; Sep 27, 2009 at 12:13 am Reason: Explaining my screen name
Old Sep 27, 2009, 2:40 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
+1 on PSU(S)horty. You'd never have had this problem if you'd selected PSUhorti

1P is what I was on UA for years before becoming 1K, and PremEx (whatever happened to Mark?) was already taken. Since my initials are PI, 1P looks like this in reverse.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:29 am

(to the defense of the OP--swat, swat-- take that and that, youse guys! )

PSUhorty, if it's any comfort, I never read your screen name as Shorty. I might have had to look closely to see what it did say, but I never saw the word "Shorty." My first employment, just out of school (so long ago--) was as an editorial assistant in New York, and my primary duties were fact-checking and proofreading. Probably partly as a result of that training, the only words for which I usually have a blind spot are those I myself post. So I had always noted that it was "horty" and that the "h" was not capitalized.

But that word following "PSU"? OP, I'd be much too polite to say what I was wondering.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Originally Posted by SkeptiCallie
But that word following "PSU"? OP, I'd be much too polite to say what I was wondering.
Really? I don't get it.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: UAGM (former 1P), Hilton Gold (former Diamond), heading for dirt.
Ron is my first name
Dace is the name of my first submarine, USS Dace SSN 607. However, anything new gets Ron607 and where I can change it I now use Ron607 since my last name is really not Dace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.