Wiki Posts
Search

November Venice Meet: II

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2004, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dovster
As is well known, all Rhodes leads to Rome.
A pun worthy of Canarsie on what was supposed to be a serious thread. Self restraint is not in the Dovster's playbook.

By the way, kluau88, is there a chance that we might see you in Venice?

Last edited by monitor; Aug 4, 2004 at 11:57 am
Old Aug 4, 2004, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by monitor
A pun worthy of Canarsie on what was supposed to be a serious thread. Self restraint is not in the Dovster's playbook.
That is true, which is why I am Roman around this thread instead of Russian in to post...
Old Aug 4, 2004, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Punki
Anybody know who goes into Venice and from where?
Yesterday when you first asked, I had forgotten about this site which claims to specialize in budget flights - http://www.whichbudget.com/ and you might as well look at this other one which has been around for a while - http://www.europebyair.com/eba/English_us/default.jsp
Old Aug 4, 2004, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
For those who are airport-code challenged (and it happens to the best of us!): click on "Quick Links" near the top of the FlyerTalk page, click on "Airport Code Lookup," and voila, a small popup appears that permits you to look up a code without leaving the FT page at all. (You have to have popup blocking turned off to see this.)

Lufthansa has good connections to Venice from Frankfurt, for example (and these flights are marketed as UA codeshares). I would probably fly UA/LH SFO-FRA-VCE.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Apparently, the November bargain fares are starting to show up so it might be a good time to check your favorite airline's prices.

Delta is now offering JFK-VCE-JFK for $501 in Economy or $1999 in B/E. I believe both fares come with some restrictions.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

It's getting cheaper and cheaper to fly to VCE!

I just checked AirHero.com and they have AA flying JFK-London-VCE for $460.45 (but this requires a change of airports in London).

I think it is worth the extra couple of dollars to do it JFK-BRU-VCE for $463.74. (On the itinerary I checked, Nov 17-18, you would have to fly back through London.)

They have the Delta direct flight for $515.75 but if that fare gets sold out, you might want to buy your ticket from Alitalia (same metal) for $525.50.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 9:24 am
Original Poster

How about a prize for the person taking the L O N G E S T routing to the Meet?

I just emptied my Delta SkyMiles account (well, I have some 400 miles left) for the following Business Class Itinerary:

Nov 6: TLV-MXP-JFK-ATL-FLL

Nov 11: MIA-CDG-MXP

Nov 27: MXP-TLV

Last edited by Dovster; Aug 21, 2004 at 3:18 pm
Old Aug 20, 2004, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I am still waiting for prices to drop a little, but still very much interested in coming. The only thing that would stop us would be a huge job we had to attend to here.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Nov 6: TLV-MXP-JFK-ATL-FLL

Nov 11: MIA-CDG-MXP

Nov 27: MXP-TLV
Dov, what time do you land at FLL on the 6th? I can hold off on my move until the 7th if you get in too late on the 6th.

Again, thank you so much for coming to FL to help me move! ^
Old Aug 26, 2004, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Right, so put me and one guest down as definite maybes for the time being... I'm able to go for sure but the other part can't commit until she gets her schedule straight.

Looking forward to Venice in the off-season, I've avoided Italy so far because it's seemed too touristy.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Looking forward to Venice in the off-season, I've avoided Italy so far because it's seemed too touristy.
Platbrownguy, you and Platbrowngal are now officially on our maybe list.
I look forward to being able to put you on the definite list.

It's not really true that Italy, per se, is very touristy. Venice, Rome, Florence and Pisa are, but the rest of the country is not too bad -- certainly not as bad as France.

Venice is undoubtedly the biggest lure for tourists in Italy but there is a tremendous difference between summer and November. Incidentally, even if you hear on television that "Venice is flooded" -- as often happen in late fall and winter -- it is generally nothing to worry about. It is only the San Marco area that gets it and that is normally taken care of by putting up wooden planks you can walk on.

Tell Platbrowngal (in lieu of a better name) that if she does not arrange her schedule to let her come to the Meet it will be something she will regret for years.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 6:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Wink

Tell Platbrowngal (in lieu of a better name) that if she does not arrange her schedule to let her come to the Meet it will be something she will regret for years.
Dovster....you're making a politically incorrect assumption here. platbrownguy could well be traveling with platbrowndude here.
Perhaps we should wait and see.....
But, regardless, it'll be great to met him/them........!
Old Aug 26, 2004, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cholula
Dovster....you're making a politically incorrect assumption here. platbrownguy could well be traveling with platbrowndude here.
Perhaps we should wait and see.....
But, regardless, it'll be great to met him/them........!
I never assume. To assume make an ... out of u and me.

"the other part can't commit until she gets her schedule straight."
Old Aug 26, 2004, 7:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I never assume. To assume make an ... out of u and me.

"the other part can't commit until she gets her schedule straight."
Oh yeah. I missed that cogent bit of information......
Having said that, he's certainly free to bring platinumbrowndude if platinumbrowngal can't get her schedule straight....
Old Aug 26, 2004, 8:13 am

Programs: DL PM MM
Violins in Venice

According to the Amadeus site, throughout Nov. there will be a series of violin concerts at the San Vidal Church. Music pieces from Vivaldi, Paganini, Bach, Mozart, Rossini, Beethoven and others. Cost is 21 euro, 8:30 P.M.

The church is at Campo Santo Stefano. Does anyone know if that is near the Ai Mori?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.