Search

November Venice Meet: II

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2004, 1:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by monitor
The only preparation necessary for this (other than becoming fluent in Italian) is to sample a bottle of Cholula so that you know what everybody is talking about.
Monitor, are you implying that Hunki and Punki are not yet fans of the Only Decent Hot Sauce in the Whole Wide World?

Shame on you! We will have no such flaming on this thread!
Old Jul 19, 2004, 4:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Have faith! Our cupboard is well stocked with Cholula hot sauce, courtesy of our still unmet (in real life) FT friend, Cholula. Venice will remedy that! ^

I also, surreptitiously, e-mailed my favorite Aussie Cholula fan today, trying to convince him that Venice in November would be a way cool adventure. I am not going to beg my older Swiss-German brother/et ux to come, because he/they is/are working, working, working--but I hope he decides that a quick little November vacation, a bit to the south, might be a pleasant and irresistible experience. @:-)

monitor, we are still sticking to our master FL-IRA plan--trying to earn as many miles as possible during our pre-retirement years, for extravagant (first class only) use during retirement--when it finally arrives. We are also still shooting for UA MM prior to retirement.

Can you believe this? We only switched to UA in 1999 so we could be on the exclusive FT top deck for The Original PIP--thank you very much to everyone who contributed to that amazing event, especially Tropical, Catman, PremEx and older brother for their plannning and hard work, and Randy for making it even more amazing that we had imagined, and PremEx for the great photo blog.

How much fun have we had??? Lucky us!!

Last edited by Punki; Jul 19, 2004 at 4:44 am
Old Jul 22, 2004, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dedehans
naughty ragazzo, signor Dovster. tchtch..........que pensa, UIG?
I'm getting worried about dedehans.

There is something sick about any woman who understands me -- in any language!
Old Jul 22, 2004, 8:48 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by Dovster
I'm getting worried about dedehans.

There is something sick about any woman who understands me -- in any language!
we love ya in any language, Dov.....btw, got mz seats here in FRA
Old Jul 23, 2004, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I'll be there as well! Grabbed a $521 upgradable fare on AA; looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Vasantn, it will be wonderful to see you again!

I suggest that you take a look at Post # 2 in this thread before making reservations at any hotel. The Ai Mori is even nicer than the Ramada I stayed at in Fort Lauderdale -- although I know that is hard to believe!
Old Aug 1, 2004, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The lw and I just had a perfect weekend in Venice. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342190 for more details. I asked the Danieli concierge where the Al Mori was and it was pretty far from our hotel and St. Marks square so we didn't make it over there. But our area was a lot of fun. Perfect weather and not too many tourists. We didn't have to wait in any lines. The Danieli is a fabulous hotel if you have the points or Euros to swing it.
Old Aug 1, 2004, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Stimpy, I am happily shocked that you had such a hassle-free visit to Venice in the summer!

Did it whet your appetite for the city to the point where we can now put you on the "Definite" list?
Old Aug 1, 2004, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Don't forget to add me to the "maybe" list. I love Venice, have spent a fair amount of time there (and have even experienced the infamous flooding), and I think the opportunity to be there with such an illustrious group may be too good to pass up.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Don't forget to add me to the "maybe" list.
Kathy, women are always on my maybe list -- I am an eternal optimist.

Oops, you mean the "maybe" list for attending the Meet!

Done.

Ah, well, perhaps it is just as well as that is the list to which you were referring -- after all, I will be accompanied by my UIG (Used Italian Girlfriend) who tends to be a bit unreasonable about my taking romantic gondola rides with other women. The last time I tried it she had her cousin, Giovanni, a capitano in the Italian submarine service, shoot two torpedos at the gondola.

Fortunately, he missed.

I understand that the passenger liner he accidently hit will be cleared out of the lagoon before the November Meet.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
So discretion would dictate that, on the days your UIG is there, NONE of the women FlyerTalkers (who seem to constitute the majority of attendees) should even give the appearance of a hint of flirting with you -- right?
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:38 am
Original Poster

NONE of the women FlyerTalkers (who seem to constitute the majority of attendees) should even give the appearance of a hint of flirting with you -- right?
Yes. I realize that this will be hard on them, but it is a sacrifice which must be made in the interests of Venetian maritime safety.

Fortunately, the UIG will only be there for two of the four nights that I will be in Venice, so the women can feel free to flirt shamelessly with me on the first two evenings.

Oddly enough, at the PBI-FLL Meet, all the women managed to restrain themselves for the entire time -- even though the UIG was a few thousand miles away. I will never understand how that happened.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oddly enough, at the PBI-FLL Meet, all the women managed to restrain themselves for the entire time -- even though the UIG was a few thousand miles away. I will never understand how that happened.
It's actually not that hard to understand. People who are "taken" often seem more alluring than those who appear not to be.

I'm sure that when the UIG is with you in November in Venice, the FlyerTalk women will have to work hard to restrain themselves!
Old Aug 2, 2004, 2:09 am
Original Poster

I'm sure that when the UIG is with you in November in Venice, the FlyerTalk women will have to work hard to restrain themselves!
That is very often the case. When first meeting the UIG and me, many people have had to work very hard to restrain themselves from saying, "Hey! She's beautiful. What the hell is she doing with you?"

All too many have failed in their attempts to restrain themselves.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is very often the case. When first meeting the UIG and me, many people have had to work very hard to restrain themselves from saying, "Hey! She's beautiful. What the hell is she doing with you?"

All too many have failed in their attempts to restrain themselves.

The truth is, only women are expected to be beautiful. Guys don't have to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.