Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

NYC Aug 2-4: Summer In The City DO 4 / OMNI Bugger DO #49.5 / NYC Delicatessen DO 3.5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC Aug 2-4: Summer In The City DO 4 / OMNI Bugger DO #49.5 / NYC Delicatessen DO 3.5

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2024, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Zorak
This is starting to feel like doing my taxes again I'm not aware of any discount available to me, and I'm willing to do whatever group tour. I'm also happy to wander around without any specific organized activity if none materializes.
LOL at the doing my taxes comment. I have no known discount but am interested in either independent or group tour of the Intrepid museum and definitely want to add on Concorde. I may even pay cash just to watch peoples heads explode.

No travel booked yet but I think my August is shaping up such that I can get in Friday night.
Old May 12, 2024, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I've toured the Concorde in Scotland SE of Edinburgh, so I would probably skip that part if it's an extra fee.
Old May 13, 2024, 9:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The Amtrak flash sale is back on today.
Old May 13, 2024, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Herb687
LOL at the doing my taxes comment. I have no known discount but am interested in either independent or group tour of the Intrepid museum and definitely want to add on Concorde. I may even pay cash just to watch peoples heads explode.

No travel booked yet but I think my August is shaping up such that I can get in Friday night.
Would love to have you join us again! At the risk of sounding like a tax preparer, however, it would be really helpful if you could share which specific pieces I should put you down for

-J.
Old May 13, 2024, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Intrepid

Originally Posted by owlwoman
I booked free tickets through my library for the Intrepid for Saturday August 2, allows two adults and two children, I'll be alone so am happy to share
Ooh - if you still have a ticket available, I would love to be in on your generous sharing offer!
owlwoman likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 7:51 am

Programs: AA PP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Marriott Silver
mn mag - Extra ticket is yours . We may coordinate meeting before entering when the date gets closer
mnmag likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by owlwoman
mn mag - Extra ticket is yours . We may coordinate meeting before entering when the date gets closer
Thank you! Yes, we can definitely coordinate the meeting time beforehand! It looks like I will see you at the WineDO!
owlwoman likes this.
Old May 27, 2024, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Finally booked my flights leaving LGA Departing at 7:30pm-- should be plenty of time to hang out with those coming to The Club! I can guest in two.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2024, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I would like to know who besides myself and FriendlySkies have Sunday afternoon/evening departures from LGA and have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card. I'd like to make sure there are enough of us that we can guest in everyone who would like to join. Each cardholder gets two guests (so with the two of us, that makes six entries total).

So far: 3x CSRs + 6 guests

The details are being finalized, but I hope to announce the Friday dinner location and associated activities next week.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Jun 2, 2024 at 1:29 pm
Old Jun 2, 2024, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
I'm out - I now have other plans for that weekend and the event in DC has been moved to Aug 10. I hope the weather is good and everyone has a good time.

Originally Posted by SFOTerry
I'm a maybe at the Deli Do. If I come, I will be taking the train from DC to NYC that morning, then flying home from LGA (or EWR).

What is the address of the 2nd Street Deli? I see more than 1 on google maps. [ETA: I see 1 next door to Lucky Lyndon, so is that it?]

I guess there is only 1 seat left as of now, but I can't say I am committed. So maybe I can just take a seat at the counter?
Old Jun 2, 2024, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFOTerry
I'm out - I now have other plans for that weekend and the event in DC has been moved to Aug 10. I hope the weather is good and everyone has a good time.
Boo Guess I'll have to go visit you out west again sometime then

-J.
SFOTerry likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
GW McLintock and I discussed Intrepid Museum schedule briefly at Soup DO.

Seems that most people have a method for free museum admission so I’m not going to work on that aspect. Most have expressed an interest in seeing the Concorde which requires an additional fee and a timed & limited ticket, I am going to work on that.

Between an aircraft carrier, a bunch of airplanes and helicopters, a submarine, a space shuttle, a Concorde, and a temporary “Apollo: When We Went to the Moon” exhibit, there's a ton of stuff to see. Many people spend an entire day at the museum.

I’m going to start with trying to arrange a Concorde visit (30 minutes) starting at 10:30 and a group tour (carrier hangar and flight decks only, 1 hour I think). That will require arriving at the museum several minutes prior to 10:30 and should leave 30-60 minutes for people to see whatever they want to afterwards.

Please let us know of any major objections.

Majuki and yunicorner like this.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 1:56 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
catching up on this

Hey GWMcLintock, please put me down for everything that's available, and then wait list where necessary.
It was great seeing everybody this past weekend (SOUP BRT WINE) so I'm ready for an encore.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 11:11 pm

Programs: All of Them
GW McLintock - If you can put me down for Saturday that would be great! Looking forward to it!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdnyc
Hey GWMcLintock, please put me down for everything that's available, and then wait list where necessary.
It was great seeing everybody this past weekend (SOUP BRT WINE) so I'm ready for an encore.
Originally Posted by bl540611
GW McLintock - If you can put me down for Saturday that would be great! Looking forward to it!
Done and done. Glad you can both make it.

-J.
bl540611 and FriendlySkies like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.