Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

NYC Aug 2-4: Summer In The City DO 4 / OMNI Bugger DO #49.5 / NYC Delicatessen DO 3.5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC Aug 2-4: Summer In The City DO 4 / OMNI Bugger DO #49.5 / NYC Delicatessen DO 3.5

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

Welcome to the second-best in-person trifecta NY FT has to offer: Summer In The City DO 4, Bugger-I-Am-Drunk DO #49.5, and the NYC Delicatessen DO 3.5! Please join us in the The Greatest City On Earth for a jam-packed weekend of good food, good drink, and questionable company. Whether you want to stay with the group all day or do something on your own, New York has something for everyone.

Below is the tentative schedule for the weekend (all times ET and subject to change):

Friday, August 2nd
  • 1900 – group dinner and drinks for early arrivals (location TBD)

Saturday, August 3rd- Summer In The City DO 4
  • 1030 – visit the Intrepid Air & Space Museum (weather-dependent)
  • 1300 – group lunch (location TBD)
  • 1430 – Drunk DO #49.5 and the first-ever QRT (Queens Rlleyes Tour!): Long Island City is known in some circles for its many microbreweries; we will try to hit as many of them as we can!
    • Alternatives: Museum of the Moving Image (Astoria), Gantry Plaza State Park (LIC)
      • Manhattan alternatives: the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Modern Art, American Museum of Natural History
  • 1900 – optional group drinks & hors d’oeuvres or light dinner (location TBD)

Sunday, August 4th
  • 1100 – Delicatessen DO 3.5 at the 2nd Avenue Delicatessen
  • 1300 – after-party at Lucky Lyndon’s
  • 1600 – after-after-party at the Chase Sapphire Lounge by the The Club at LGA [or] JFK

As mentioned, all of this is subject to change. If you have suggestions on other places you’d like to visit, please feel free to share with the group.

The deli luncheon will initially be capped at 15 people. If you commit, please be sure you will be able to attend. Additionally, please be prepared to split checks (so bring cash or be prepared to use Venmo or PayPal). This is not up for negotiation as large groups such as ours are often an imposition on what is essentially a small business. Additionally, try not to bring large luggage with you (anything larger than a standard carry-on) since space is limited. (If anyone needs a place to store luggage, I can help make arrangements in Manhattan or Queens).

I look forward to seeing you all this summer

-J.
FriendlySkies and yunicorner like this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Mar 23, 2024 at 7:02 pm
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat
maybe meow!
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Announcements

3/23: our Saturday morning group activity has switched from the Queens Zoo to the Intrepid Air & Space Museum in midtown. The itinerary and signup list have both been updated, so please review your status if you'd rather do something else. Group lunch location TBD but will likely be in midtown.
---------------------------
2/24: Upon early review, the Aloft LIC is 75k Bonvoy points for Friday and Saturday night. Rumors have it that Hyatt property reward rates are consistent with rates over the rest of the summer.

I do encourage you to book hotels and flights ASAP and rebook if prices drop. Feel free to share where you plan to stay if you'd like to coordinate with others (though be aware of the security concerns this might entail).

<space reserved for other announcements>

-J.
mnmag likes this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Mar 23, 2024 at 6:39 pm
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Signup Lists

I don't mind these being mostly open events, but there are several activities we'll be doing as a group where a headcount would be helpful, so when responding please be specific as to your status for each event. The Deli DO is initially capped at 15, at which point a waitlist will start.

Friday Dinner (location & time TBD)
Confirmed:
GW McLintock
FriendlySkies
katycab
+1
Polytonic
Zorak
diburning
cocobird
kiyaj
mnmag
Dr Jabadski
ShopAround

Maybe:
CrankyChick
Saturday Morning at the Intrepid
Confirmed:
GW McLintock
FriendlySkies
katycab
+1
Majuki
Zorak
cocobird
Dr Jabadski
diburning
mnmag
st1575
owlwoman

Maybe:
Polytonic
CrankyChick

Saturday Lunch (location & time TBD)
Confirmed:
GW McLintock
FriendlySkies
katycab
+1
Majuki
Polytonic
Zorak

diburning
cocobird
kiyaj

mnmag
Dr Jabadski
st1575
owlwoman

Maybe:
CrankyChick
Saturday Afternoon (brewery crawl and optional dinner)
Confirmed:
GW McLintock
FriendlySkies
katycab
+1
Majuki
Polytonic
Zorak

diburning
cocobird
kiyaj

mnmag
Dr Jabadski

Maybe:
CrankyChick
DeliDO 3.5
Confirmed: (15/15)
GW McLintock
FriendlySkies
katycab
+1
Majuki
diburning
Polytonic
Zorak
cocobird
kiyaj

mnmag
ShopAround
Herb687

yunicorner +1

Standby List
SFOTerry
CrankyChick

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Today at 4:10 pm
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

:rolleyes:

Space reserved for

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 26, 2024 at 3:15 pm
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
In for everything! I’m not sure about the late afternoon stuff on Sunday, but I will look into flights and hotels later.

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Feb 24, 2024 at 8:55 pm
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:25 pm

Programs: United 1K
Mr Katycab and I are in, probably for everything. Please reserve us spots for the Deli.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Put me as confirmed for all.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
My trade show starts on Sunday.

dh
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I'm in for everything except the zoo. I don't think I can wake up early enough to get over to Queens at that hour.
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 2:35 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm booked for everything!

Arriving into JFK Friday morning at 11:49AM on AA489.

Booked for two nights at the Aloft in Long Island City

Leaving from JFK Sunday evening at 9:50PM on B6318

Put me down as confirmed for everything except the zoo. Put me down as a maybe for the zoo. The idea of walking around outdoors in 80+ degree heat and humidity is not my idea of a good time.

Last edited by diburning; Mar 1, 2024 at 3:14 pm
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Please add me to the party! Will be arriving earlier in the week and staying until Monday. Besides the planned Do, there is so much to see in New York, I'm sure I'll be busy.

Last edited by cocobird; Mar 5, 2024 at 3:39 pm
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:55 am

Hi - Please put me down for everything except Saturday morning (Zoo) activity. Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Please add me to everything except the zoo on Saturday.
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Please confirm me for everything. I’m local, no flights or hotel.

I’ve been volunteering on the Intrepid for the past 8-9 months, happy to help facilitate an Intrepid visit if I can.

Re: “Sunday, August 4th 1600 – after-after-party at the Chase Sapphire Lounge by the The Club at LGA [or] JFK.”: Please expound. Would that be only for those flying from that airport at about that time? Only for those who have pre-existing access to airside and the lounge?

Thank you.
Majuki likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.