FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Santander
TENTATIVE AGENDA

FRIDAY 10/6
2:00pm - FARM TOUR
Gainsborough Farm
7200 Steele Road
Versailles, KY 40383
(If interested in attending, book your own reservation in advance via Visit Horse Country)

BOGO Bourbon
5:20pm or earlier - Chevy Chase Inn (whatever high-end bourbon you have in front of you at 5:30 gets a "same or lesser at 1/2 price; other potent potables like beer, wine, or cocktails get 2nd free - includes pitchers)

6:30pm - DINNER
The Sage Rabbit, 438 S. Ashland Ave (walking distance from CCI)
Placeholder res booked for party of 8
Herb687+1
Rxgeek+1
GrjApp
stravels
Bk3day
Santander

SATURDAY 10/7
1:00pm - Keeneland grandstand reserved seating
Herb687+1
bk3day
GrjApp
ElmhurstNick +1
stravels

SUNDAY 10/8
Breakfast
8:55am - Stella's Kentucky Deli, Jefferson St.

1:00pm - Keeneland grandstand reserved seating
Herb688
rxgeek +1
Zorak
Santander

5:20 - BOGO Bourbon (same as Friday)

Print Wikipost

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XXII, October 6-8, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Herb687
Have secured Keeneland reserved grandstand seating for both Saturday and Sunday: $30 per seat.

Can cancel for full refund until 48 hours out so had no problem making a refundable investment. Please let me know who is interested in seating for either day at $30. I bought 7 tickets Sat / 8 tickets Sun so that leaves 5-7 available seats depending on whether I bring a +1 or not.
2 for Sunday please.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 12:41 pm

Programs: US, HH
Have secured Keeneland reserved grandstand seating for both Saturday and Sunday: $30 per seat.

Can cancel for full refund until 48 hours out so had no problem making a refundable investment. Please let me know who is interested in seating for either day at $30. I bought 7 tickets Sat / 8 tickets Sun so that leaves 5-7 available seats depending on whether I bring a +1 or not.
I’d like one for Saturday please.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by rxgeek
2 for Sunday please.
Originally Posted by GrjApp
I’d like one for Saturday please.
Copy that. Looking forward to seeing both of you there.

Rxgeek found us a good new restaurant last time: OBC Kitchen. To the whole group here - give some thought to where we might want to do dinner. Continue with the Merrick tradition or break with old habits?
Old Aug 15, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Rxgeek found us a good new restaurant last time: OBC Kitchen. To the whole group here - give some thought to where we might want to do dinner. Continue with the Merrick tradition or break with old habits?
I would be happy with either, with a very slight preference for Merrick as I enjoy their outdoor seating.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:34 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
While working on potential distillery visits, I saw that Old Forester is no longer offering Birthday Bourbon for sale at their distillery. Instead, they are holding an online lottery from August 24th to the 30th for the right to buy one bottle ($169 + taxes). The 500 winners have to personally come to their distillery between September 8th and December 23rd 2023 to make their purchase. Details here: https://legal.brown-forman.com/terms...y-bourbon-2023
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:16 pm

One more public service announcement: there is a new (to me) micro-distillery in the same building as Wise Bird, called RD1. First tasting of the day starts at noon; I'm seriously considering booking either noon or 1PM on Sunday, with Crank & Boom either after or before...
Old Aug 16, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels

Please put me down for a Saturday ticket.

Have Hyatt booked but asalways need to figure out the best of bad flight/car options.

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2023, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I'm going to look at possible horse farm tours for Friday.

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
One more public service announcement: there is a new (to me) micro-distillery in the same building as Wise Bird, called RD1. First tasting of the day starts at noon; I'm seriously considering booking either noon or 1PM on Sunday, with Crank & Boom either after or before...
I'd be interested in the Sunday 1200 tasting. Could still make it from there to Keeneland in time for the 2nd race.

Also of note - I studied the bar at Goodfellas Pizza in April and they had an amazing selection of rare and noteworthy bourbons. In April they had William Larue Weller available. I don't remember pricing but I do remember that it seemed fair for such unicorns. Definitely not the insane unjustifiable markups of The Stave.

Originally Posted by bk3day
Please put me down for a Saturday ticket.
You got it!
Old Aug 16, 2023, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
If there are still 2 grandstand tickets, we would like them. Saturday is better, Sunday would still work.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 11:02 am

While working on potential distillery visits, I saw that Old Forester is no longer offering Birthday Bourbon for sale at their distillery. Instead, they are holding an online lottery from August 24th to the 30th for the right to buy one bottle ($169 + taxes). The 500 winners have to personally come to their distillery between September 8th and December 23rd 2023 to make their purchase. Details here: https://legal.brown-forman.com/terms...y-bourbon-2023
Bumping this - lottery ends tomorrow morning at 09:00 Eastern time. If you win and don't want the bottle, I will cover the cost (but you would have to go to Louisville to pick it up - I would drive).

Link to the lottery: https://www.oldforester.com/birthday...n-sweepstakes/

Last edited by HPN-HRL; Aug 29, 2023 at 11:06 am Reason: Added lottery link
Old Sep 15, 2023, 3:08 am

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
One for Saturday, please. Thank you! Looking forward to seeing you all again.
HPN-HRL likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
One of these days I'm going to join my friends and have fun.

dh
ElmhurstNick and HPN-HRL like this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 9:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Got things to line up -- arriving late Friday on the DCA non-stop and leaving Sunday evening. I need the Bonvoy nights so staying at the CY north SHS.

Herb687 I'll take a Sunday Keeneland ticket if you still have any?

Is there a Saturday dinner plan?

I'd be interested in the Sunday 1200 tasting.
Is this happening too? On Sunday I only see starting from 1pm on the web site (and 4pm appears as "sold out" with no mention of noon at all...)
stravels likes this.

Last edited by Zorak; Oct 3, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Old Sep 19, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
Got things to line up -- arriving late Friday on the DCA non-stop and leaving Sunday evening. I need the Bonvoy nights so staying at the CY north.
This is the first time in a long time that I am not staying there. It is very convenient.

Is this happening too? On Sunday I only see starting from 1pm on the web site (and 4pm appears as "sold out" with no mention of noon at all...)
I'm booked for the 1pm on Sunday. I assume they won't charge for my +1 to watch me drink.

Last edited by rxgeek; Sep 22, 2023 at 12:00 pm Reason: Updated booking status.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stravels
One for Saturday, please. Thank you! Looking forward to seeing you all again.
You got it. With your reservation, our KEE flight on Saturday is now booked to capacity. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Originally Posted by Zorak
Got things to line up -- arriving late Friday on the DCA non-stop and leaving Sunday evening. I need the Bonvoy nights so staying at the CY north.

You're in. Still have a few extra spaces on Sunday.

Not that I know of. I'm up for dinner Saturday as long as it's late enough to take in all (most) of the KEE races. The Stave, Heirloom, Holly Hill Inn are always good options after KEE since they're out that way.

FRIDAY DINNER UPDATE: Merrick Inn is not available for a party of our size except too early or too late in the evening. I booked us a 6:30pm reservation (party of 8 for now) at The Sage Rabbit, 428 S. Ashland Ave., a very convenient walk from Chevy Chase Inn. Decent, casual gastropub. I remember going there with Governator a few years back.
https://www.thesagerabbit.com/

Dinner reservation is indoors; they do have a front porch but don't take reservations for it due to weather. If it's a nice day perhaps I can walk over there early and secure us seats on the porch.

Originally Posted by rxgeek
I'm up for the 1pm also. Waiting to see if anyone has booked.
Haven't heard anything more. No tours/tastings booked for me. Yet!
Zorak likes this.

Last edited by Herb687; Sep 19, 2023 at 1:39 pm Reason: Friday Dinner Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.