Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2023, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HPN-HRL
TENTATIVE ITINERARY

Thursday 4/20
10:30am - TOUR Lux Row Distillers, Bardstown, KY (if interested in joining, book your own advance reservation)

12:00n (approximate) - LUNCH at the restaurant at Bardstown Bourbon Company or, if full, somewhere in downtown Bardstown

3:30pm - TOUR Preservation Distillery, Bardstown, KY (if interested in joining, book your own advance reservation)

6:30pm - DINNER at Heirloom, Midway, KY
  • cocobird
  • Herb687
  • icurhere2
  • HPN-HRL (not definite)

Friday 4/21
1:00pm - Maybe races at Keeneland

BOGO BOURBON at Chevy Chase Inn? Arrive before 5:30 and order, 2nd will be 1/2 price
5:15 HPN-HRL

6:45pm - DINNER at Merrick Inn, cocobird is managing that reservation
  • cocobird +3
  • Herb687
  • rxgeek + 1
  • HPN-HRL

Saturday 4/22
???

Sunday 4/23
8:59am - BREAKFAST and BOURBON BALL COFFEES at Stella's

Print Wikipost

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XXI, April 21-23, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Unfortunately, duty calls and I'll be unable to make it this weekend. I do have the Hyatt Regency Lexington reserved for three nights arriving Friday, 21 April that I plan to cancel tomorrow unless anyone would be interested in a Globalist Guest of Honor booking (the total was 24k points for the three nights).

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 18, 2023, 4:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
For those of us who are staying over Sunday night, any suggestions for dinner?
Old Apr 18, 2023, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I just checked into the Hyatt. Bad news is that somehow they didn't give me the "large" suite, but the small suite should be OK if I can get another chair or two. On the "sort-of-good-news" front, parking is now gate restricted 24/7 (take a ticket), but there is a machine in the Hyatt in which you insert your ticket and get back a new ticket which allows you to exit the parking lot without paying. No need to be carrying a Hyatt room key when entering the parking lot any more.

I'm here tonight, but will be leaving tomorrow morning to go to Columbus to attend one of my cousin's concerts (staying overnight). Not sure when I will be back on Thursday, but there is a decent chance that I will be able to make Heirloom that night. Friday I expect to be at CCI in time for the 5:30 "2nd shot at 1/2 price" deal before going to Merrick Inn (but note my standing offer to give my Merrick Inn spot up to any first-time LEX Do attendees). Saturday is open; Sunday I will be at Stella's followed by Ethereal/Crank&Boom/etc, although I will have to head back to the hotel for a 12:30 Zoom call. Sunday night and Monday are open, as is whatever portion of Tuesday that I'm around.

Lastly, some of you know this, but I pulled a rookie mistake yesterday by forgetting my phone. I will be picking up something cheap at Walmart or similar sometime today. If you want my new number, send me a PM and I will get it to you once I know it.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
We will keep a spot at the Heirloom table open for you, HPN-HRL.

Good reminder about planning to arrive at Chevy Chase Inn on Friday in advance of that 5:30 bell that signals free (or half-price, for those who prefer the good stuff!) booze. I'm still tentatively planning on going to Keeneland Friday.

I have a tour booked at Old Forester in downtown Louisville at 10:00am Tuesday 4/25.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
No need to be carrying a Hyatt room key when entering the parking lot any more.
what are you going to do with your collection?
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
@ Zorak: Looking for suggestions...
Old Apr 18, 2023, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Put them under glass or lucite and use as a trivet or tabletop? Or tile a bathroom with them or something I have a friend who joked that he was going to redo the flooring in his entry with the wooden blocks from AMEX Plat cards
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
https://thebourbonculture.com/whiske...tated-bourbon/
Old Apr 19, 2023, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'd suggest a jacket and decree yourself the Chief Baron of Hyatt Regencies - you can use this as a blueprint https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/the-...eserve-jacket/
Zorak likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
We will keep a spot at the Heirloom table open for you, HPN-HRL.
I'm back in LEX, but the cold that I have been fighting the last few days has not gone away yet - so it's very unlikely that I will go to Heirloom tonight.

Originally Posted by Herb687
I have a tour booked at Old Forester in downtown Louisville at 10:00am Tuesday 4/25.
This is tempting me (if tour tickets are still left), but it would add 2+ hours to my driving that day.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 4:58 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by cocobird
For those of us who are staying over Sunday night, any suggestions for dinner?
If you trust Tripadvisor...
https://obckitchen.com/ this looks very good from reviews and their website. I made a reservation for four at 7:30pm just to hold it and will call to adjust. Don't feel obligated.

Ramseys Diners Alternative
Old Apr 20, 2023, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Wife, son, and I have arrived. Brother Don comes in noon Friday.

Whos doing what tomorrow? We will be visiting my parents, who have moved into assisted living. Afternoon not sure. Thought about West Sixth Brewing with lunch from the seafood takeout next door.

Chevy Chase Inn at 5:30. My brothers may join.

By the way, if you are looking for some Chase Ink MS, Staples has fee-free Mastercards starting Sunday. Two Staples stores in LEX.
Santander and rxgeek like this.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Apr 20, 2023 at 6:47 pm
Old Apr 20, 2023, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Wife, son, and I have arrived. Brother Don comes in noon Friday.

Whos doing what tomorrow? We will be visiting my parents, who have moved into assisted living. Afternoon not sure. Thought about West Sixth Brewing with lunch from the seafood takeout next door.

Chevy Chase Inn at 5:30. My brothers may join.

By the way, if you are looking for some Chase Ink MS, Staples has fee-free Mastercards starting Sunday. Two Staples stores in LEX.
Sorry to miss this one , especially when such esteemed first-timers are joining!

Hope everyone has a great and winning weekend!

See ya soon
Old Apr 21, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this time around. Have a great weekend and hope to see you next time!
Old Apr 22, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Anything going on today (Saturday) distillery, lunch, dinner?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.