rxgeek +1
Santander
Herb687
bk3day
stravels
GrjApp

The Stave
5711 McCracken Pike, Frankfort, KY 40601 https://g.page/TheStaveKentucky?share
7pm porch table (currently reserved for 8 pax)
Zorak
Herb687
rxgeek+1
Santander (tentative)
cocobird
HPN-HRL
GrjApp

The Stave Made res for 4 (will join above if tentatives cancel or edit res if more than 2 want to join); assuming outdoor seating is the porch
stravels
bk3day
Print Wikipost

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XX, October 14-16, 2022

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by Herb687
Still have a few tickets left for Saturday at Keeneland. Weather forecast looks great at the moment: sunny and 69 for Saturday. Anyone else want a ticket?

Watched a couple of KEE races on TV yesterday. Was a beautiful day in the Bluegrass with some great racing. Two Breeders Cup "Win and You're In" races from KEE will be broadcast today at 5pm ET on CNBC.
Current plans are to be in LEX and I’d be interested in a ticket. Also heading to the Stave for dinner.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by GrjApp
Current plans are to be in LEX and I’d be interested in a ticket. Also heading to the Stave for dinner.
Excellent. Ticket reserved for you and wiki updated. Looking forward to seeing you at the track.

Not sure if anyone was watching today's races but the Castle & Key Bourbon Stakes (2 year olds going 1 1/16 on turf) featured two offspring of Oscar Performance running 1-2. Oscar Performance is a stallion a few of us FTers have met and fed peppermints at Mill Ridge Farm.
cocobird and ChrisFlyer66 like this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond

And “The Winner Is” (one of those Oscar Performance colts) won in fine style under Flavien Prat. Enjoying the remainder of my Champagne celebrating the returns on the card. It can be a quirky track so since Breeders’ Cup is here this year I am glued to this meet like I am with Kentucky Downs every year. Hopefully the weather is as stellar next weekend for you all to have a spectacular time
Old Oct 12, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I got in half an hour ago; the TSU I used moved me to the “Bluegrass Suite”, which has one more room than the suite I got in April. I brought some Blanton’s and Peerless; lmk what else I should get for the suite (alcohol/food/non-alcoholic drinks).
Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Have also arrived and staying at the Hyatt. Surprised by a suite upgrade!
Have no plans for tonight (Thursday), so anyone want to get together?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Could you let me know where you're going. Would love to join if I get there in time. Probably won't be arriving LEX until 6:15ish; planning to leave CVG by 4:30. Thank you!
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by stravels
Could you let me know where you're going. Would love to join if I get there in time. Probably won't be arriving LEX until 6:15ish; planning to leave CVG by 4:30. Thank you!
No particular plans at this time. Can wait for you to 6:30 or so, depends mostly on my tummy being agreeable.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I’m sorry, I don’t think I can make it to LEX.

I am in severe discomfort all the time, have to lie down every hour or so, am in pain even riding in a car, would be terrible company.

Hope y’all have a good time, especially first-time visitors to KY.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

I am in severe discomfort all the time, have to lie down every hour or so, am in pain even riding in a car, would be terrible company.

So sorry to hear that. You'll be missed. My thoughts and good wishes for you.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:32 pm

Going to eat at Smithtown Seafood and West Sixth Brewing at 7 pm. Very casual.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Cocobird and I are here.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

That's too bad hope you're feeling better soon, and many a glass will be hoisted to your name this weekend I'm sure!
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
SDC opportunity just opened up, so if I am able to get my rental car a few hours early, I might make it in time for Chevy Chase Inn tomorrow/Friday, if anyone is planning on doing that.
bk3day likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels

So Sorry to hear you're in pain. I hope a fix can be found sooner than later!

also seriously bummed not to see you...assuming the travel gods don't screw with me too much and I can actually get to LEX!
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:25 am

E H Taylor small batch is available at Buffalo Trace today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.