Wiki Posts
Search

Longest tenured and active FT poster

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Longest tenured and active FT poster

Is there a way to see who is the active poster with the oldest registration / signup date? I go back to mid 2000, but I know there are others who predate me by a good two years.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Is there a way to see who is the active poster with the oldest registration / signup date? I go back to mid 2000, but I know there are others who predate me by a good two years.
FT was founded by Randy Petersen. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...-petersen.html (number 251)
There is a group of originals members with a join date of May 5, 98 & May 6, 98. Some are still active. The member numbers looks to be arbitrary for the May 5 / May 6 join date
Apparently there was a FT message board before that date, when Randy reorganised the message board into Flyertalk

From FT thread--> I've spent 20 years on FlyerTalk
Originally Posted by mjm
Already 25 years for a couple hundred of us. The 1998 date is artificial and coincides with a redo of the front end of the system.
mjm, GUWonder and FriendlySkies like this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 6, 2022 at 4:19 pm
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
FT was founded by Randy Petersen. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...-petersen.html
There is a group of originals members with a join date of May 5, 98 & May 6, 98. Some are still active.
Apparently there was a FT message board before that date, when Randy reorganised the message board into Flyertalk

I remember Randy from back then. That was when usenet still existed and rec.travel.air was still a thing....
mjm likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:15 pm

OGs - if you could rewind and leave one post to your past self on traveling what would it be?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:34 pm

and rec.travel.air was still a thing....
Wow haven't seen rec.travel.air mentioned in a long time.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
FT was founded by Randy Petersen. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...-petersen.html (number 251)
There is a group of originals members with a join date of May 5, 98 & May 6, 98. Some are still active. The member numbers looks to be arbitrary for the May 5 / May 6 join date

I had the impression that original members had join dates covering several months, through about November 1998, not just two days.

I'm not sure that all of the original members have the words Original Member under their usernames as some might be indicated instead as moderators, etc.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:11 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I had the impression that original members had join dates covering several months, through about November 1998, not just two days.

I'm not sure that all of the original members have the words Original Member under their usernames as some might be indicated instead as moderators, etc.
Very true that some do not have Original Member displayed. Many of us were around long before 1998 on previous iterations of FT. The 1998 date was random and a function of s system change more than anything else.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:10 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Craig6z join date is May 5, 98. He is still active.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I'm one of the "original members" with a May 1998 join date, and I'm still active - though the days of having my company subsidize 100K miles per year are well behind me. When I do travel, which will hopefully be more in the future than it's been for the past couple of years, I'm grateful for lifetime status.

Added in edit: This is a palindromic post! Time to take a screen shot and head over to that thread!
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by Milwaukee
OGs - if you could rewind and leave one post to your past self on traveling what would it be?
Buy a lifetime pass to the Admiral's Club. Better deal than paying every year for the past 40 years AND I would still be allowed to use the Club even when I am flying another airline (yes, I am still VERY bitter about that change in the rules).

P.S. I show as May 5, 1998 and I think I have viewed the board at least once a day EVERY day since then (minus, I would estimate, 10-20 days a year when I was sick/no internet/etc.)
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
Craig6z join date is May 5, 98. He is still active.
Excellent. Tnx I figured that the mods / admins had access to registration info that regular users don't have.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Excellent. Tnx I figured that the mods / admins had access to registration info that regular users don't have.
I don't have access to such information. I am sure that the administrators and the community directors do and possibly also the senior moderators.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The profile of any member will show the join date. Usually, but not always will show "last activity"
[Are using a laptop to view FT. No idea if a phone is different]
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/craig6z.html (member 71)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/iadcaflyer.html (member 3610)
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
The profile of any member will show the join date. Usually, but not always will show "last activity"
[Are using a laptop to view FT. No idea if a phone is different]
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/craig6z.html (member 71)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/iadcaflyer.html (member 3610)
I use to be able to hover over something to see member number. I think mine is 3300 something. Can you refresh my memory. Thanks.

dh
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhammer53
I use to be able to hover over something to see member number. I think mine is 3300 something. Can you refresh my memory.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/dhammer53.html
Statistics then hover over Find all posts by dhammer53 ==3552
dhammer53 likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 10, 2022 at 9:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.