Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jrl767
Upcoming DO/MeetUp:
Sunday 20 Aug

Where:
Portage Bay Cafe (391 Terry Ave N, Seattle)

Interested:
WillTravel4Food
Polytonic
FlyerEC
jrl767+1
Berrenger

Print Wikipost

SEA Meetup/DO?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I am out for the 11th, but maybe this can be a regular thing (with a very fluid definition of "regular"), so hopefully the thread can be kept active in future with a changing wiki?? That way we don't have to get in trouble for multiple threads!
For sure!

For those heading down from YVR, would weekends be better (in general)? I'd be up for doing regular Saturday Coffee or Sunday Brunch meetups as well. Maybe once or twice a month, depending on interest.

Last edited by Polytonic; Feb 17, 2020 at 9:17 pm
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Polytonic
For sure!

For those heading down from YVR, would weekends be better (in general)? I'd be up for doing regular Saturday Coffee or Sunday Brunch meetups as well. Maybe once or twice a month, depending on interest.
I definitely can't speak for everyone, my schedule is horribly erratic and unpredictable. However, I suspect locals tend to prefer mid-week things that don't mess up their weekends, whereas us out-of-towners do best with weekends. So a mix of both? Alternating between the two?
kirkwoodj and Zorak like this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
I definitely can't speak for everyone, my schedule is horribly erratic and unpredictable. However, I suspect locals tend to prefer mid-week things that don't mess up their weekends, whereas us out-of-towners do best with weekends. So a mix of both? Alternating between the two?
I'm not going if you're not going. Seriously, it would be too complicated for me to change my rt tix but I'm looking forward to the next one, hopefully on a w/e.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek
I'm not going if you're not going. Seriously, it would be too complicated for me to change my rt tix but I'm looking forward to the next one, hopefully on a w/e.
Hnnngh, you're killing me.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:52 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I'm landing at Seatac at 7pm. Can I make this DO? I'm tentatively in.. returning in from Zanzibar
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
I'm landing at Seatac at 7pm. Can I make this DO? I'm tentatively in.. returning in from Zanzibar
Should be fine. Light rail is running a little slow to due to construction at Pioneer Square, should take a little over an hour to get downtown (or rideshare and be there in ~30min).

Looks like current plan is March 11th somewhere in SLU. So far just myself and TheStrangerIn29K as far as I know.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:44 pm

Talking

Should be fine. Light rail is running a little slow to due to construction at Pioneer Square, should take a little over an hour to get downtown (or rideshare and be there in ~30min).

Looks like current plan is March 11th somewhere in SLU. So far just myself and TheStrangerIn29K as far as I know.
I haven't ridden the SLUT in a long time
Polytonic likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:59 pm

I would get a mod to add the date to the title so people know
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
I would get a mod to add the date to the title so people know
If this is to be an ongoing thread, I suggest a wiki, which is easily altered, might be the better way to go.
Zorak likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
If this is to be an ongoing thread, I suggest a wiki, which is easily altered, might be the better way to go.
+1, this is the pattern followed by the DC and SF happy hour threads.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Zorak
+1, this is the pattern followed by the DC and SF happy hour threads.
Done.

David
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, exiled from AA (2.7MM)
I am in for the 11th probably with a +1.

Brave Horse Tavern might be a good choice. Very good food and drink and large communal tables. Also across the street from a SLUT stop.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:05 am

Okay, looks like there are multiple votes for Brave Horse Tavern. I've never been myself, so hey, there's a first time for everything, right?

How does 7:30pm sound to everyone? They close at 10pm (to my knowledge, the only place open past 10pm in SLU is republic, if people want to stay later)

I think keitherson can probably make it to SLU by 8ish if landing at 7pm.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Okay, looks like there are multiple votes for Brave Horse Tavern. I've never been myself, so hey, there's a first time for everything, right?

How does 7:30pm sound to everyone? They close at 10pm (to my knowledge, the only place open past 10pm in SLU is republic, if people want to stay later)

I think keitherson can probably make it to SLU by 8ish if landing at 7pm.
7:30 sounds a little late for a Happy Hour, but we can just call it something else. And I now coincidentally have a work-related lunchtime event at Brave Horse that same day. Tempted to just hang out there the whole time in between, but wouldn't want to be found under a table instead of just *at* one by 7:30 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
7:30 sounds a little late for a Happy Hour, but we can just call it something else. And I now coincidentally have a work-related lunchtime event at Brave Horse that same day. Tempted to just hang out there the whole time in between, but wouldn't want to be found under a table instead of just *at* one by 7:30 PM.
Eh, I mean, if people want to meet up earlier, I can be in the neighborhood as early as 5:30pm or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.