Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Boat DO...August 9-11, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'd say IDB but ill just go with what the group decides. Usually people drop out as it gets closer but some of these options need advance planning so that wont work
Old May 20, 2019, 4:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Well I'm not going anywhere and I think I was the first to sign up. So some option where I still get to go on a boat will be appreciated.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: United 1K
OK, I just learned that the Saturday is the day my kid moves in to her dorm at college, so I can withdraw from the Saturday Boat portion. I may still go up for Sunday if there is a second boat run, or to hang out. Hopefully this helps. I won't be going to the ball game on Friday, either.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Thanks all for being understanding. Boat is being launched this weekend. If Katy is withdrawing, we should be okay, though a little tight on the boat.

Tickets are purchased....bleacher section 39!

First mate is bummed, but willing to stay home and sleep to make room on the boat

Boat being ready to be hauled to MA
Old May 29, 2019, 9:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Do people know where they are staying yet? I skimmed the thread and think I saw one for the Ames and one Le Meridien. I am currently booked at the Marriott Long Wharf on an approved BRG but I think I also see a BRG opportunity for the Marriott Cambridge that would lower costs even further debating switching if it goes through.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
I'm thinking I may be able to make this event - baseball and subsequent activities that is.
Boston in drive-able for me; put me down as a strong maybe, depending on schedule conflicts.

Paul B. pfbloom

P.S. Nice boat!
Old May 30, 2019, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pfbloom
I'm thinking I may be able to make this event - baseball and subsequent activities that is.
Boston in drive-able for me; put me down as a strong maybe, depending on schedule conflicts.

Paul B. pfbloom

P.S. Nice boat!
thanks PF. I do have a backup ticket, as I like to buy things in round numbers. First forty-five bucks takes the extra ticket :-)
Old May 30, 2019, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
Do people know where they are staying yet? I skimmed the thread and think I saw one for the Ames and one Le Meridien. I am currently booked at the Marriott Long Wharf on an approved BRG but I think I also see a BRG opportunity for the Marriott Cambridge that would lower costs even further debating switching if it goes through.
Zorak, if you like to walk, the hotel is a gorgeous and probably a 20-minute stroll from the hatch shell, which I'm hoping will be our Saturday night entertainment. However, that portion of town is a little bit more dead on the weekends than Long Wharf, as Kendall square is our Biotech Hub. But Kendall certainl has a couple of restaurants bars that cater to weekend crowd. Both of those Marriott's, though are older 1970s brick buildings, nothing to get super excited about... but the Long Wharf has an incredible location and a fun bar outdoor bar attached to it. unless it's a huge price differential, personally I would stay at the long wharf.
Zorak likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:11 pm

Since I am not going, someone else can buy my ticket.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:13 am

How many tickets are left? I would like 2, this sounds so fun!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:52 am

You can have mine!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Which would make it an even count. You would owe 1/2 to Katy, 1/2 to me.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I just wanted to mention one of the Boston areas popular and ever expanding breweries, Night Shift, has a Summer beer garden on the Esplanade. Its about a 10-15 minute walk from the hatch shell.

https://nightshiftfamily.com/brewing...ons/owls-nest/
CMK10 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
I just wanted to mention one of the Boston areas popular and ever expanding breweries, Night Shift, has a Summer beer garden on the Esplanade. Its about a 10-15 minute walk from the hatch shell.

https://nightshiftfamily.com/brewing...ons/owls-nest/
CD, such a timely post! Last night, I decided to take the scenic route home from the marina (in East Boston) at twilight. As I crossed under the Longfellow Bridge, I saw a gaggle of folks in the distance. I'm thinking, hmm, concert at the Hatch Shell. I drive by the Hatch Shell, and the grounds are empty. Then, I see a long $ss line of folks queing up to what seems like a Taco truck (at least from the road going 50 mph). Now I know it's a brewery. Thank you.

Although lordy, the installation of this brewery is 1 more reason NEVER to go to the Pops show on the 4th of July.

BTW, spent 2 hours docking yesterday. I think everyone will be in good hands

That being said, 8 people, excluding me, is still going to be very tight. Unfortunately, the 28 I was looking at had a LOT more deck space than my 26. I am still going to research a plan B (a donor boat) so that we have a bit more room to move around.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

But, in the meantime, my first mate highly approves of the surroundings.

Zorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.